LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Not drafted Surprises?

Which players surprised you that they were not drafted?

My list:
DL Kelcey Quarles
DL Josh Mauro
DL Anthony Johnson
LB Shane Skov
LB Christian Jones
LB Jackson Jeffcoat
S Craig Loston
S Dion Bailey
S Ken Ladler
Louchiez Purifoy at one time was considered not only a first round pick but the top CB in the Draft
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on May 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM ]
Kelcey Quarles was a surprise. I thought he was talented and fit perfectly as a 3-4 DE.

Loston and Bailey were projected in the 2nd or 3rd rounds in some mocks too, and surprised me as well.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I'm really surprised Bailey didn't get drafted. I feel bad for him because he declared early. He got some really bad advice from somebody
Skov, Jeffcoat, and Loston not being drafted really surprised me. Happens every year though.
Originally posted by KID9R:
I'm really surprised Bailey didn't get drafted. I feel bad for him because he declared early. He got some really bad advice from somebody

Aww man. I feel bad for the kid.

Priority Free Agent. He needs to look up Alex Boone and get a hold of his agent to get some advice from him ASAP!
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Louchiez Purifoy at one time was considered not only a first round pick but the top CB in the Draft

Not even a year ago he and Roberson were both considered top 20 picks.
Craig Loston. Quality contributor for LSU, starter and on the field leader.

Marcus Roberson-Not a good offseason but I figured he'd still go somewhere in the 5th or 6th round, oops.

Jackson Jeffcoat-With the premium put on pass rushers, I expected someone, somewhere to take a flyer on him.

Tyler Larsen-Intriguing center prospect that I had thought would be gone by the 6th round.

DeAndre Coleman-Solid 3-4 DE, had him going between the mid 5th to the mid 6th round.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Antonio Richardson, Loston, Brandon Coleman, Jeffcoat, Purifoy, Roberson, Skov
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Craig Loston. Quality contributor for LSU, starter and on the field leader.

Marcus Roberson-Not a good offseason but I figured he'd still go somewhere in the 5th or 6th round, oops.

Jackson Jeffcoat-With the premium put on pass rushers, I expected someone, somewhere to take a flyer on him.

Tyler Larsen-Intriguing center prospect that I had thought would be gone by the 6th round.

DeAndre Coleman-Solid 3-4 DE, had him going between the mid 5th to the mid 6th round.
I thought we might go after Loston in the 4th - 5th rd. Wish he would have come our way as a UDFA.

Anyone know where Bailey and Roberson ended up?

Seems like both of them would be great pick ups.....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Baily and Jeffcoat are with Seadderall cheathawks.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Baily and Jeffcoat are with Seadderall cheathawks.

Lame
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Which players surprised you that they were not drafted?

My list:
DL Kelcey Quarles
DL Josh Mauro
DL Anthony Johnson
LB Shane Skov
LB Christian Jones
LB Jackson Jeffcoat
S Craig Loston
S Dion Bailey
S Ken Ladler
Not surprised at all. He was injured for most of his time at SC. He's slow for a safety and should have stayed in for another year.

He's kinda a slower version of Pinkard and we all saw how that worked out for the Raiders.
a lot of surprises.

Skov - glad he went to us
Roberson
Purifoy
Rashaad Reynolds
max Bullough
Deandre Coleman
Antonio Richardson
Tyler Larsen
Jackson Jeffcoat
Christian Jones
Dion Bailey