LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

*** Top UDFA Signings Tracker ***

Thought Skov went to the raiders?
Loston to the Cardinals
Couple of signed players on the 49ers who look like candidate to possibly be released to get more UDFA WR DeMarco Sampsons and David Reed. just projecting possibilities
Originally posted by Travisty13:
So you know both guys? Cool. Well Lyerla still quit. Show me a quote he says different.

I don't need to show you a quote? Lol
I've been in the situation, seen it from the outside in and you have an online quote... Cool story bro
If I found you a quote on the internet saying Kaep raped that girl would you believe it also?
Not sure how it's possible, but Skov to the 49ers per him

Dont they just have to release someone?
Don't know where the whole Oakland thing came from... But I'm headed to the 49ers, gunna make my mark in this league before it's all over... Shayne skov Twitter
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Thought Loston was going to jags lol
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
90 on a roster. With all our picks, we had room for only 4 guys I believe.

We can always cut some players to make room for a UDFA we like.

Such as? And why cut a proven guy for an udfa
Dax Swanson CB, Christian Tupou DT, DeMarco Sampson WR, David Reed WR, Jewel Hampton RB, McLeod Bethel-Thompson QB etc.

Again. They're proven guys, the staff knows them, why cut one to sign someone they only seen tape of? They might not believe any are expandable for any guys out there
  • buck
  • Veteran
Not sure how it's possible, but Skov to the 49ers per him

UDFA signing can get a bit murky, but

San Francisco 49ers
Kory Faulkner QB Southern Illinois
Morgan Breslin LB USC
LJ McCray S Catawba
Shayne Skov LB Stanford

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-nfl-undrafted-free-agents/2
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla, a former five-star recruit from Hillsboro High, is leaving the football program for "personal reasons" the school said in a release Sunday evening.
Lyerla told the university website that he and Helfrich left on good terms.

"I love everyone at Oregon; everyone's on good terms, I believe,'' Lyerla told the university website. "Just for my own benefit, it was time to move on.''
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/10/oregon_ducks_football_te_colt_1.html

Per the schools statement they said he left too. Which means he quit.

Originally posted by 5280High:
That is the precursor to being kicked off... just like in the workplace you are asked to resign, unless you want to be fired.

Little bit of a hint, the reason I push for this guy so hard is because I know him.
I'll give you a hint, the person who wrote that article you posted is a co-worker of mine.

I know a lot more about the situation than anything you can find on the internet.

You in Eugene man

So you know both guys? Cool. Well Lyerla still quit. Show me a quote he says different.

I've been in the situation, seen it from the outside in and you have an online quote... Cool story bro
If I found you a quote on the internet saying Kaep raped that girl would you believe it also?

Cool I can claim things too. But I'm providing facts. You're providing hearsay.

Dax Swanson CB, Christian Tupou DT, DeMarco Sampson WR, David Reed WR, Jewel Hampton RB, McLeod Bethel-Thompson QB etc.

Again. They're proven guys, the staff knows them, why cut one to sign someone they only seen tape of? They might not believe any are expandable for any guys out there

Only if theyre an upgrade, or equal and the rooks cheaper.

These guys are proven? I mean obviously you would only sign guys that you thought were better than what you previously had. I'm just saying that we could easily cut a few players such as the above I listed to make room for a UDFA that we liked better than the current guys on the bottom of our 90 man roster.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Were you or are you a recruiter for Oregon?

Seem to recall something like that about one of the forum members.
These guys are proven? I mean obviously you would only sign guys that you thought were better than what you previously had. I'm just saying that we could easily cut a few players such as the above I listed to make room for a UDFA that we liked better than the current guys on the bottom of our 90 man roster.

Proven as in, they've shown the staff enough to have gotten signed by us or practiced with us. Udfa haven't done a thing for us. So maybe the staff is comfortable with who we have.
Share 49ersWebzone