LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

*** Top UDFA Signings Tracker ***

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
90 on a roster. With all our picks, we had room for only 4 guys I believe.

well that just sucks

Means we have a load of depth and talent. I believe a few of the guys we took were UDFA targets, that we drafted instead of trying to compete to sign them. Just my opinion
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Right now still trying to figure out what unknown flags caused Jeffcoat and Reynolds to go undrafted. I can understand for every other prospect, but those two are head-scratchers. Talent-wise, I saw both as at least 4th round talents.

Maybe injury red flags? Or maybe NFL teams dug up some dirt on these guys that didn't make it out to the media?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

We can always cut some players to make room for a UDFA we like.

Such as? And why cut a proven guy for an udfa
Per @CanesFootball, tight end Asante Cleveland has joined the 49ers (confirmed w/his agent)
Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla, a former five-star recruit from Hillsboro High, is leaving the football program for "personal reasons" the school said in a release Sunday evening.
Lyerla told the university website that he and Helfrich left on good terms.

"I love everyone at Oregon; everyone's on good terms, I believe,'' Lyerla told the university website. "Just for my own benefit, it was time to move on.''
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/10/oregon_ducks_football_te_colt_1.html

Per the schools statement they said he left too. Which means he quit.

Originally posted by 5280High:
That is the precursor to being kicked off... just like in the workplace you are asked to resign, unless you want to be fired.

Little bit of a hint, the reason I push for this guy so hard is because I know him.
I'll give you a hint, the person who wrote that article you posted is a co-worker of mine.

I know a lot more about the situation than anything you can find on the internet.
Asante Cleveland, TE signs with 49ers.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Right now still trying to figure out what unknown flags caused Jeffcoat and Reynolds to go undrafted. I can understand for every other prospect, but those two are head-scratchers. Talent-wise, I saw both as at least 4th round talents.

There might have been medical red flags on one or both of them.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla, a former five-star recruit from Hillsboro High, is leaving the football program for "personal reasons" the school said in a release Sunday evening.
Lyerla told the university website that he and Helfrich left on good terms.

"I love everyone at Oregon; everyone's on good terms, I believe,'' Lyerla told the university website. "Just for my own benefit, it was time to move on.''
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/10/oregon_ducks_football_te_colt_1.html

Per the schools statement they said he left too. Which means he quit.

Originally posted by 5280High:
That is the precursor to being kicked off... just like in the workplace you are asked to resign, unless you want to be fired.

Little bit of a hint, the reason I push for this guy so hard is because I know him.
I'll give you a hint, the person who wrote that article you posted is a co-worker of mine.

I know a lot more about the situation than anything you can find on the internet.

So you know both guys? Cool. Well Lyerla still quit. Show me a quote he says different.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:

And.....

You might be letting your personal feeling cloud your thinking.
Jeffcoat to the Seahawks.

Not sure how it's possible, but Skov to the 49ers per him
Per Skov twitter he is heading to 49ers not the Raiders
Nepatriotsdraft has Skov and not Asante Cleveland with us.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Right on!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

We can always cut some players to make room for a UDFA we like.

Such as? And why cut a proven guy for an udfa
Dax Swanson CB, Christian Tupou DT, DeMarco Sampson WR, David Reed WR, Jewel Hampton RB, McLeod Bethel-Thompson QB etc.
Share 49ersWebzone