There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** Top UDFA Signings Tracker ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I still can't get over how stacked we are with our starters, depth, AND developmental farm. It's unreal. I expect us to try to trade off whatever we can around the cut deadline if we are intending on cutting some players that we don't expect or won't be putting on the PS. We should have a beastly practice squad.

It's like when I used to build teams in Madden, on franchise mode, with the salary cap off back in the day, acquiring a crapload of picks during each draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I still can't get over how stacked we are with our starters, depth, AND developmental farm. It's unreal. I expect us to try to trade off whatever we can around the cut deadline if we are intending on cutting some players that we don't expect or won't be putting on the PS. We should have a beastly practice squad.

It's like when I used to build teams in Madden, on franchise mode, with the salary cap off back in the day, acquiring a crapload of picks during each draft.

Madden is flawed so bad Phoenix. I got a 2nd and 3rd for Spencer and Haralson in Madden 13 I believe. though can't wait to play Madden 15. Might have to buy Madden 25 again and download updated rosters to tide me over till August.
49ers picked up UDFA center Dillon Farrell from New Mexico. Good player on a bad team. I painstakingly debated on whether or not to put him on the Big 256, but ultimately felt that he would probably just miss the cut. Farrell had a terrific pro day, weighing in at 6-5 303 and putting up 30 reps on the bench, while clocking a 5.06 with a 30 inch vertical.

Farrell played in the East-West Shrine game and was solid. He has experience at center, guard, and tackle, and was also a respected team leader and captain.

How'd I miss this??? That's a very nice pickup!

So true! I imagine there will be a lot of carping when some of these guys are cut, but you don't go into TC with 53 guys. If a GM could do that all he'd need would be two or three draft picks per year...and the greatest healer in history.

Baalke keeps one eye on the future and one on the present day...quite amazing results. I didn't think much about drafting a RB until Hyde fell into their laps and then realized--Gore = old, Lattimore = recovering?, Hunter = recovering but not a work horse, James = ? don't know, Hampton = potential. So Hyde turns out to be a possible game changer and changes all the questions to supplementary concerns.

In two years the 9ers have gone from penalty driven heavy hit safeties to cover, sure tackling safeties...as per the direction of the NFL. Just so much to like about this draft!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Madden is flawed so bad Phoenix. I got a 2nd and 3rd for Spencer and Haralson in Madden 13 I believe. though can't wait to play Madden 15. Might have to buy Madden 25 again and download updated rosters to tide me over till August.

What fun would it be if you couldn't rape the computer on trades involving draft picks. I used to go into a draft with like 5 or 6 1st round picks, it was awesome.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

What fun would it be if you couldn't rape the computer on trades involving draft picks. I used to go into a draft with like 5 or 6 1st round picks, it was awesome.

It was. I did a franchise in Madden 08 for my PC, a couple yrs back, when Alex was still here. Had a draft class imported, had a top pick, then someone offered me the #2 pick for my 2nd and 3rd, I was like hell yeah, drafted Luck. Of course I was in cap hell, had to adjust the cap limit, lol.
Had family obligations most of the day. If im not mistaken Gator Hoskins went undrafted? Anyone know where he landed as a UDFA?
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Has anyone signed L'Damian Washington I would not mind letting him compete for a spot
I really don't understand the love the Lyerla gets by some on here. Put all the "character issues" aside for a second.

He had 34 catches in 3 years in Oregon. He only had 25 catches and a some carries in 2012 on a offense that was going nuts. He has decent size, but NOT for an NFL TE. He's got decent speed, but he's not even really a burner for a TE. He catches with his arms and hands a lot AND let's the ball come to him. You don't get away with that in the NFL. Even without all the character issues, he just flat out wasn't productive on a prolific offense and personally I think his skills are VERY overrated.

Now throw in the fact that he posted conspiracy theories in the aftermath of Sandy Hook (and gave a BS apology basically saying he was apologetic that there was backlash and not for what he said), plead guilty to a cocaine possession AFTER leaving the team "on good terms" to "pursue his professional career," complained in the media because a coach didn't let the media know when he had the flu to cover up for him not playing, etc...

Oh and he talked s**t about Kaepernick and the 49ers on twitter after the NFC Championship game. This is a guy trying to get drafted into the NFL in 3 and half months openly talking s**t about a QB who could potentially be throwing him the ball as a professional.

He's not just a f**king idiot, his "skills" are NOT undeniable...he's a decent prospect who needs a lot work, that's not in a position to be decent at all.
[ Edited by elhebrewhammer on May 10, 2014 at 11:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Andra:
Has anyone signed L'Damian Washington I would not mind letting him compete for a spot

Uh...don't quote me on this but I think Dallas did, I know he definitely got signed by someone.
Originally posted by Andra:

Uh...don't quote me on this but I think Dallas did, I know he definitely got signed by someone.

That's where I read he went.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Had family obligations most of the day. If im not mistaken Gator Hoskins went undrafted? Anyone know where he landed as a UDFA?

Miami.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Miami.

Thanks Travisty.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Miami.

Thanks Travisty.

No problem.
  • DeUh
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for DeUh.
f**k. S Jerome Couplin heading to Detroit. DE Lawrence Virgil heading to New Orleans.
  • DeUh
Packers agreed with RB Rajion Neal.