There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** Top UDFA Signings Tracker ***

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by matt49er:
another center? that surprises me. I like getting depth at safety, DE, QB, ILB at this point is just ridiculous depth. I'm betting we've cut somebody already, can't be over 90 at any point right?

We are over 90. 4 players we signed to futures are going to be cut

Not projecting. Just outlined to make it easily digestible. Check OTCs thread in NT for more info.

I think you forgot Eric Wright.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Karma:
another center? that surprises me. I like getting depth at safety, DE, QB, ILB at this point is just ridiculous depth. I'm betting we've cut somebody already, can't be over 90 at any point right?

Not projecting. Just outlined to make it easily digestible. Check OTCs thread in NT for more info.

Line 24
Originally posted by Karma:

he has Wright listed under Nickle
Originally posted by Liono:
This is the stanford/oregon game, I think it's like every defensive play. But you can see Shayne make several good plays against an offense with NFL speed.

This is a common issue with Skov.
I don't think this video speaks to his speed, as he is not that fast.
What Skov displayed in that Oregon game was his ability to read a play. Sure he is .2 .3 seconds behind some other ILB in the 40, but he is also able to diagnose a play WAY quicker than most of those in this draft (which is why he always seems to be in the right place at the right time).

You can't measure that in a combine, and thats why I think he will do well here.
This free-agent QB is just like we signed Collin's clone with no experience. The guy's size and last years stats are nearly identical. Imagine that.

Oops!
Give me Brandon Coleman and Connor Shaw.

Good stuff sfout.

Sampson, Tupou, maybe David Reed, and trade James to fit the UDFAs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Give me Brandon Coleman and Connor Shaw.

OK. They are yours.

Now, what exactly are you going to do with them?

Oh, wait--I think that they have decided to sign with NFL teams.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
49ers picked up UDFA center Dillon Farrell from New Mexico. Good player on a bad team. I painstakingly debated on whether or not to put him on the Big 256, but ultimately felt that he would probably just miss the cut. Farrell had a terrific pro day, weighing in at 6-5 303 and putting up 30 reps on the bench, while clocking a 5.06 with a 30 inch vertical.

Farrell played in the East-West Shrine game and was solid. He has experience at center, guard, and tackle, and was also a respected team leader and captain.

How'd I miss this??? That's a very nice pickup!
  • buck
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers
Kory Faulkner QB Southern Illinois
Morgan Breslin LB USC
LJ McCray S Catawba
Shayne Skov LB Stanford
Asante Cleveland TE Miami
Dillon Farrell C New Mexico
Fou Fonoti OT Michigan State

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-nfl-undrafted-free-agents/2

Seven UDFAs so far.

Dallas has around 16 or 17.

I do not understand the rules governing these agreements and the rules governing the 90-man roster.

[ Edited by buck on May 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
San Francisco 49ers
Kory Faulkner QB Southern Illinois
Morgan Breslin LB USC
LJ McCray S Catawba
Shayne Skov LB Stanford
Asante Cleveland TE Miami
Dillon Farrell C New Mexico
Fou Fonoti OT Michigan State

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-nfl-undrafted-free-agents/2

Seven UDFAs so far.

Asante Cleveland....that is an absolutely epic name.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Thats because Wright and Cox both play slot. But I did say I was not projecting, I wrote it out to be easily read.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers picked up UDFA center Dillon Farrell from New Mexico. Good player on a bad team. I painstakingly debated on whether or not to put him on the Big 256, but ultimately felt that he would probably just miss the cut. Farrell had a terrific pro day, weighing in at 6-5 303 and putting up 30 reps on the bench, while clocking a 5.06 with a 30 inch vertical.

Farrell played in the East-West Shrine game and was solid. He has experience at center, guard, and tackle, and was also a respected team leader and captain.

I still can't get over how stacked we are with our starters, depth, AND developmental farm. It's unreal. I expect us to try to trade off whatever we can around the cut deadline if we are intending on cutting some players that we don't expect or won't be putting on the PS. We should have a beastly practice squad.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I still can't get over how stacked we are with our starters, depth, AND developmental farm. It's unreal. I expect us to try to trade off whatever we can around the cut deadline if we are intending on cutting some players that we don't expect or won't be putting on the PS. We should have a beastly practice squad.

2016 conditional 7ths for errbody!

But seriously hopefully we could net a few late '15 picks for a some of the players from my 2nd and 3rd columns