There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** Top UDFA Signings Tracker ***

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Cool I can claim things too. But I'm providing facts. You're providing hearsay.

Jeez man whats your deal? You think I'm lying?

Not sure how it's possible, but Skov to the 49ers per him

Also, I think we've seen what happens when you claim things. Skov signed with the Raiders, did you find a quote online saying that he signed with the niners and believed that to?
Through emails, texts, and a couple of phone conversations with various Oregon insiders, NFL scouts, Oregon teammates of Lyerla's, and reporters who covered him in his high school days, I learned that Colt Lyerla is a deeply troubled person with a litany of issues that need resolution before he is ready to handle being a NFL player.

Oregon knew Lyerla was no choirboy when they recruited him. He comes from a troubled background and by several accounts wore that on his sleeve like a tattoo of pride. Lyerla arrived in Eugene after showing a lot of talent in high school but also a great deal of immaturity.

One person close to the program advised me that "everyone knew he was a party boy" when he joined the program. According to a different team insider, "when we talked to his teachers (in high school) they were like, good riddance. This kid has no control." Repeated mentions of soft-core drugs, excessive drinking and boorish behavior came up with every person I contacted about his pre-Ducks background.
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/10/colt-lyerla-a-troubled-talent/
Another good article on Colt.
Originally posted by buck:
Were you or are you a recruiter for Oregon?

Seem to recall something like that about one of the forum members.

Yeah, I am.
I made a Lyerla thread and talked about that, but apparently its hearsay lol.

Bee living up here in Eugene for awhile now, pretty nice place.
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Cool I can claim things too. But I'm providing facts. You're providing hearsay.

Jeez man whats your deal? You think I'm lying?

Not sure how it's possible, but Skov to the 49ers per him

Also, I think we've seen what happens when you claim things. Skov signed with the Raiders, did you find a quote online saying that he signed with the niners and believed that to?

Skov said on his Twitter he's coming to the 49ers. Next question?
WR L'Damien Washington to the Cowboys
Any word on Tyler Larson?
Through emails, texts, and a couple of phone conversations with various Oregon insiders, NFL scouts, Oregon teammates of Lyerla's, and reporters who covered him in his high school days, I learned that Colt Lyerla is a deeply troubled person with a litany of issues that need resolution before he is ready to handle being a NFL player.

Oregon knew Lyerla was no choirboy when they recruited him. He comes from a troubled background and by several accounts wore that on his sleeve like a tattoo of pride. Lyerla arrived in Eugene after showing a lot of talent in high school but also a great deal of immaturity.

One person close to the program advised me that "everyone knew he was a party boy" when he joined the program. According to a different team insider, "when we talked to his teachers (in high school) they were like, good riddance. This kid has no control." Repeated mentions of soft-core drugs, excessive drinking and boorish behavior came up with every person I contacted about his pre-Ducks background.

Still waiting for you to post anything relevant.
Check out @ShayneSkov's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ShayneSkov/status/465295400316850176

Still waiting for you to post anything relevant.

More than anything you've conjured up.
So now the 49ers have the greatest depth at ILB ever assembled lol?

Bowman, Willis, Borland, Wilholte, Moody, Skov WOW. Somebody gonna get cut even before the season even considering Bow on PUP. Maybe we trade Wilholte to a team desperate for a good vet ILB?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Yeah, I am.
I made a Lyerla thread and talked about that, but apparently its hearsay lol.

Bee living up here in Eugene for awhile now, pretty nice place.

Eugene is, or was, a incredibly beautiful place.

On the Colt dude. I still do not think that he deserves to be signed by any NFL team.

If it happens, it happens.

But, he has not earned a thing.

Just my opinion.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
These guys are proven? I mean obviously you would only sign guys that you thought were better than what you previously had. I'm just saying that we could easily cut a few players such as the above I listed to make room for a UDFA that we liked better than the current guys on the bottom of our 90 man roster.

Proven as in, they've shown the staff enough to have gotten signed by us or practiced with us. Udfa haven't done a thing for us. So maybe the staff is comfortable with who we have.
Of course that's a possibility! My point was to not read so much into the "we can only sign 4 UDFA's" thing because we could easily cut some guys off our roster if we should so choose. Or if we are happy with the guys we have, well that's great too!
can any of our backup ILB's play OLB?
More than anything you've conjured up.

Lyerla would be a solid pick-up for any team out there.
Niners, Pats, whoever he signs with. He did not "voluntarily" leave the team.

Chill out dude, quit being a D$^%
Originally posted by matt49er:
So now the 49ers have the greatest depth at ILB ever assembled lol?

Bowman, Willis, Borland, Wilholte, Moody, Skov WOW. Somebody gonna get cut even before the season even considering Bow on PUP. Maybe we trade Wilholte to a team desperate for a good vet ILB?

This is one of the most stacked rosters I have ever seen in my life. We don't know how all these players we got in the draft and UDFA will pan out, but if even a fraction of them do, the 2014 49ers may go down as one of the most stacked rosters in NFL History.

Although it'd be hard to get on par with one of our dominant 80s teams.