LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

No way all these picks make the team

• rtj03
  • Veteran
I just can't get over all the trades down. All these guys won't make the team.

WE ARE A DYNAMIC PLAYER OR TWO AWAY. Balkee drafts for long term when the window is closed. Philadelphia eagles all over again.

Broncos lose Super Bowl and get aggressive and even better them the supernowl team.

We still have all the same problems as we've had the last three years.
From my perspective, we got 5 players with 2nd round talent. I'm liking this draft so far. All these have the ability to start.
Wow, another thread for you? We have 7 more picks tomorrow. We filled huge holes in the offensive line and got a real thumper. Did you watch our run game against the Seahawks? We got no production thanks to Snyder, Gore, Goodwin. Now we got monsters to truly bully opposing defenses.
[ Edited by kronik on May 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM ]
If you plan ahead and draft long term the window never closes....that is how being a lasting organization works.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
If you plan ahead and draft long term the window never closes....that is how being a lasting organization works.

No your always a bridesmaid and never a bride.
Bronco arnt built for sustained success though, they will crumble in a year or two. We will be good for another 10.
No its not a sexy draft but we've got foundation and talented depth.
Thomas could be a successor to Iupati if we lose him.
Marcus Martin can play Center if Kilgore doesn't work out and Kilgore can play every OL position
J. Martin is a swing OT and could take over one day.
Ward and Reid will be a solid duo for years to come, fixing the secondary
Hyde will be great combo w/ Latt after Gore retires
We'll probably package a gang of 7s to move up. we'll pick 3 more.
We'll have the space. LMJ probably gets traded for a 2015 pick, Looney might get cut along with Lloyd and Baldwin,
a lot of the guys we have prbobably get cut for more talented guys so we'll have space.
Don't worry. Overreaction
Originally posted by rtj03:

Go become a Broncos fan then.
I just can't get over all the trades down. All these guys won't make the team.

WE ARE A DYNAMIC PLAYER OR TWO AWAY. Balkee drafts for long term when the window is closed. Philadelphia eagles all over again.

Broncos lose Super Bowl and get aggressive and even better them the supernowl team.

We still have all the same problems as we've had the last three years.

IF Broncos don't win next year they are done. If we don't win next year, guess what? Baalke prepared for the future. He is creating a culture of winning long term.
FANS thought we were desperate for CB's. COACHES thought we have players on our roster better than the value we could get in the draft.

It's that simple.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Because taking big risks, mortgaging draft picks and spending in free agency has done great things for the Redskins, Cowboys, etc so far? Hell even your mighty Broncos who pulled the same s**t the last two years have gotten no closer Than we have.

How many times are you gonna post the same crap? You started a thread like this in NT. Quit crying. We've had a good draft so far, not to mention picking up Johnson.
Yes, there will be guys who wont make the roster. And there will be some guys who do, and make unexpected impacts. Anyone who is concerned about our draft has been drinking too much of the Mel Kiper kool-aid.

We got arguably the best RB and C, a plug-and-play nickle corner, and some depth at ILB to push Moody and Whilhoite during Bowman's absence.

Oh, and we landed a starting caliber WR for a 3rd or 4th next year .

Plus, we have 7 more picks. Yes, some wont make the team. That is to be expected. I'm sure at this point Baalke is trying to accumulate next years' picks too.

Geez, the alarmists!!
Baalke is killing this draft right now by either staying put or trading back! Trust in Baalke. He's a professional for a reason and I think it is pretty evident he has learned from the mess of a draft that landed us Jenkins and James.
While frustrating at times, you can't deny that we drafted for the future so far. I loved the Martin pick, amd the others we will see the benefit down the line. Seattle had a terrible day, and shelled out top $ just to maintain their roster. Meanwhile we have a contingency plan to our contingency plan. I would love the best remaining CB on the board with the next pick, and then to trade down amd snag the top QB prospect. Maybe grab another redshirt player as well. Other than that it s all good. Amd hey, we got Stevie Johnson today for cheap.
Share 49ersWebzone