There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chris Borland?

Derek Smith was a good player until his sight was compromised.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Derek Smith was a good player until his sight was compromised.

This.
Originally posted by Wodwo:





Borland: I am stretching, coach! This is as high as it goes!

How big is Chris? How big is Chris? I'm thiiiiis big...
hes gonna be really good
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:


If this aint hystarical I don't know what is lmao

Seriously tho Borland is a badass! Hopefully he succeeds in the nfc. He could be a great 3rd option at mob for us.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Derek Smith was a good player until his sight was compromised.

Nolan should of given Derek an eyelash! He'd be like the governor on twd willis gave smith much props for helping him learn while he was with us!
What's funny to me is that Borland is actually an outstanding athlete. Quick-twitch guy with great agility and explosiveness, but because he lacks some pigment he's considered unathletic. I never understood why you people hate on your own guys... the dude is a beast.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
What's funny to me is that Borland is actually an outstanding athlete. Quick-twitch guy with great agility and explosiveness, but because he lacks some pigment he's considered unathletic. I never understood why you people hate on your own guys... the dude is a beast.

He's a very good player. They just have never seen him play. They just watch Pac 12 and ignore the rest of the country.
I am not sure of his coverage ability, but there is no doubt this dude can tackle. Even after Bowman comes back, if we have quality depth it woul dbe nice to give him and Willis a breather occasionally ... maybe a series off. At least a play here and there. Keep them fresh.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's a very good player. They just have never seen him play. They just watch Pac 12 and ignore the rest of the country.

Every time I read this it just hits my eyes wrong. This isn't a very common observation in college football.
Watched that You tube video against ASU and while he may have had 10 tackles, I'm not sure I'd be using that as a highlight reel. A heady player but victimized several times by his short arms, when he was attempting arm tackles. Didn't seem particularly quick or fast, those his anticipation makes up for it sometimes (most times?). I guess it's that nothing really stood out to me to indicate he was as special as many say. Granted, this was just one game; just an odd one if meant to showcase his abilities. Just MHO.
dudes a beast