There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can somebody tell me what we got out of all these trades?

Mostly good trades, but should have got more than #180 for trading back from 94 to 106
Just a whole lot of nothing about nothing.
Yeah I dont like how fast things go now. The announcers on TV have no time to explain things, especially with all the commercials.
We moved back because we had guys at the same value. There is no reason to have fewer picks if you feel you are picking up the same VALUE.
They acquired Johnson for basically nothing, Baalke got the 49ers back their 4th rounder in next year's draft.

They have a buttload of picks tomorrow too meaning a lot of flexibility to move around and take the guys they really want, as well as acquire more picks next year.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Our roster isn't as deep as people think it is. Anyways, even if we had a deep roster, picks through the 5th round are still big quality players. 6th-7th is more flier territory.

Especially this year the draft is deep as hell with middle end talent but really thin with potential stars. When the top CBs and WRs went the talent level got very, very similar. The price was to high to reach that far so now we are filling holes with tough as nails , hard nosed, football players.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We moved back because we had guys at the same value. There is no reason to have fewer picks if you feel you are picking up the same VALUE.

Voice of reason, finally.
Originally posted by cNiner:
And ballke did not like any of the WR 's in this year or were picked the one he was targeting so he went got a 27 year old burner , nice

WHAT BURNER? I`m pissed at this year DraftNo freaking WRs picked YET,,,,Balkke sucks with all this trading to come up with nothing.Balkke will go and get some freaking wideout that NOBODY ever heard of,is this Singleminded ALL OVER AGAIN?Please JED do something about our wideout situation,Seattle just got faster,what did the 9ers do,go and get someone else reject...great W@here is the fie;d-strecthers Balkke? This Has GOT to be Balkke WORST DRAFT considering the DEEP wideout draft class..15 hundred draft picks and ALL bALKKE HAS TO SHOW FOR IT IS 7 LATE=ROUND DRAFT PICKS AND 5 MEDIORCRE PLAYERS,REALLY TRENT.JUST SORRY SORRY.
Obviously, Baalke/Harbaugh/Fangio believe that we have good enough CB's and WR's. You just don't know what's going on behind the scenes.
[ Edited by 60sFan on May 9, 2014 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They acquired Johnson for basically nothing, Baalke got the 49ers back their 4th rounder in next year's draft.

They have a buttload of picks tomorrow too meaning a lot of flexibility to move around and take the guys they really want, as well as acquire more picks next year.

YEAH the 9ers have a boat load of picks,to do what? trade back down and up again tomake it look like they are doing something?I have never talked bad about Balkke,but this has GOT to be his worst draft,2012 ALL OVER AGAIN...who is left at the field-strecther position,please tell,Bryant?HERRON? who Balkke could'nt get a can=opener if you placed it in his freaking hand
Originally posted by susweel:
Just a whole lot of nothing about nothing.

2x
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What did we need more picks for this year? We need quality. Not quantity. We already had too many picks.......
Let me take a different tack.

With so many quality players coming up for new contracts, keeping the cap number as low as possible is important. We all know that. One of the ways you do that is to keep replacing older, more expensive ST players with younger, cheaper guys. Dixon was going to be too expensive to re-sign so he walks and Carlos Hyde takes his place for less than it would had cost to keep Dixon, and we will have a better runner for a longer period of time. Chris Borland may replace Ventrone or Osgood. Tomorrow's picks will certainly be in that same vein as well. It is all part of keeping a quality team together at an affordable price.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
And ballke did not like any of the WR 's in this year or were picked the one he was targeting so he went got a 27 year old burner , nice

I think he realized he can't draft a wide receiver. So he's just getting use late round picks to trade for known commodities
Steve Johnson is definitely not a "burner"... (I do love him though)
[ Edited by theduke85 on May 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Burner or burnout? Stevie Johnson ran like a 4.6 something