There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So disappointed in our lack of aggression.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
How many Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Thank god youre not drafting for the Niners. Youre the type that will trade all the picks for one player because of your lack of patience.

How many 5th - 7th round picks do you think will make the team this year....?

It's less about the lower rounds, and more about numbers. Right now we have 11 picks, half that may not make the team.

I was under the impression that the coaching staff and the front office decide which players make the team.

The draft is not over. The players have not even practiced yet. No preseason games have been played.

And you, somehow know how many drafted players are going to make the team.

Tomorrow after work/end of the draft I'll go through my roster ranking of core players and make a post on who I think makes the final 53, the PS. I've it throughout the past 2 weeks, we've got 43 core players with 7 or so players with a high likelihood of making the final team, 3 or so picks will "be handed" a spot, the rest will be competition.

Right now

Ward obvious 53
Hyde obvious 53
Martin obvious 53

Borland competes against Moody and Fleming for that final ILB spot.

Thomas is on IR like Lattimore.

So far I'm right in my line of thinking regarding roster spot math.
Borland will beat those guys out easy, they brought this kid in to compete with Wilhoite as Bowman's temporary replacement.

How can you even predict that now?

Moody was a safety, Fleming hasn't played football in 3 years. Borland is a top ILB prospect, not some late round after thought.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Not worth trading up at this point. A lot of the receivers that we like are still on the board and a couple of them will be at our pick.

Why did Baalke trade back from #94 for a 6th rd pick we didn't really need? Why not take your receiver there and not risk him coming off the board? He could have drafted a WR at #94 and we would still have a 4th rd pick, two more 5th's and 2 more 7th's to go so why risk it?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we don't draft a receiver in the 4th round. Maybe he grabs a couple more red shirts like Aaron Colvin and Vinnie Sunseri in rd 4.

I wish he would have taken WR Moncreif at #70 instead of Borland and drafted an ILB later.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Not worth trading up at this point. A lot of the receivers that we like are still on the board and a couple of them will be at our pick.

Why did Baalke trade back from #94 for a 6th rd pick we didn't really need? Why not take your receiver there and not risk him coming off the board? He could have drafted a WR at #94 and we would still have a 4th rd pick, two more 5th's and 2 more 7th's to go so why risk it?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we don't draft a receiver in the 4th round. Maybe he grabs a couple more red shirts like Aaron Colvin and Vinnie Sunseri in rd 4.

I wish he would have taken WR Moncreif at #70 instead of Borland and drafted an ILB later.
I do not understand the value there. Sometimes baalke tries to get too cute.

Yea I like Borland as a player. He is solid. But I do not like that he drafted someone so early that will NEVER have a chance to start. BOW and WILL are too good to be replaced within the next several years. Pick someone who has a chance to be a starter in the future ala Moncrief or a CB.

Also I never have a problem drafting OL or DL guys. I love the Martin pick. Probably the only pick this year to be a starter day 1.

Hyde Reminds me of Gore.
Ward has a foot issue, Borland has a shoulder issue, Thomas will be a medical redshirt. How serious are the injuries to Ward and Borland?
Originally posted by QBguru:

Yea I like Borland as a player. He is solid. But I do not like that he drafted someone so early that will NEVER have a chance to start. BOW and WILL are too good to be replaced within the next several years. Pick someone who has a chance to be a starter in the future ala Moncrief or a CB.

Borland seems like a mistake, since there is no room for him to start
Originally posted by Quest4six:
We "need" to stop trading our stockpile of high value picks for a bunch of throw always at the end of this draft.

Lol those "throw aways" you talk about brought us Boldin and Johnson

Great way to do your research dude

- Research, it saves lives.

They are all (the picks) in this years draft, Mr. Quest. If we some how trade one of our later picks for a player of that caliber then I'll admit you're right. Can you show me the research you've found that says we are going to make some trade that's is similar to the examples you pointed out.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by QBguru:

Borland seems like a mistake, since there is no room for him to start

Did you forget about Bowman's injury?
[ Edited by Psinex on May 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM ]
Aaron Colvin there for the taking. Perfect player to stash for next year, and incredible value at this point in the draft. Sad that the Jaguars with more needs and fewer picks make that move. Keep hanging onto those late picks Baalke!
We got everything we needed by staying put or adding picks in some cases. A great deal of these can be flipped into 2015 picks now, one round higher.
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for Quest4six.
We "need" to stop trading our stockpile of high value picks for a bunch of throw always at the end of this draft.

They are all (the picks) in this years draft, Mr. Quest. If we some how trade one of our later picks for a player of that caliber then I'll admit you're right. Can you show me the research you've found that says we are going to make some trade that's is similar to the examples you pointed out.

We've traded back and picked up multiple picks up from next year as well.
Not to mention the draft isn't over yet.

I also already gave you two examples...

We've traded back and picked up multiple picks up from next year as well.
Not to mention the draft isn't over yet.

I also already gave you two examples...
We have picked up one pick.
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
Ward has a foot issue, Borland has a shoulder issue, Thomas will be a medical redshirt. How serious are the injuries to Ward and Borland?

You're worried about injuries that will be gone by the time they start the preseason? Seriously?

C'mon maaaan!
Baalke was, however, NOT disappointed in your mother's lack of aggression

[ Edited by captveg on May 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM ]
NOW after these last 2 selections i can say i am disapointed why havent we addressed the QB position & take some NO NAME CORNER from SMU.

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Why trade up if they feel like they can get a player they want if they stay with there pick? Can see them trading a pick for a selection next year as well. Doesn't mean they need to trade up just because

ZACKLY