LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

So disappointed in our lack of aggression.

I feel like we had several opportunities to draft potential future starters and instead we traded back. I'm all for building draft capital, but at a certain point Baalke just looks like a guy a that hoards money his whole life and dies having never spent any of it. What's the point in that?

I think not taking advantage of the quality available today at WR and CB will come back to bite us. Even with Stevie Johnson and Jimmie Ward...
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Maybe Baalke choked.
We would have been better off with this "Balki" picking. "You want me to trade down and get a bunch of picks that won't make the team? Don't be ridiculous!"

Another crybaby thread
I just don't think the drop off from one player to the next is as dramatic as some years. This is a draft full of quality depth guys and hard nosed football players. Moving up just costs you pics and the gains are minimal.
I don't post often, but I'm as hardcore as they come. Last televised game I missed was week 2 against Atlanta in 1995, and that because it was a scheduling error. You punks obviously missed all of the losing seasons, because if you watched them...you would just have enjoyed the last 3 years. Shut up. Nolan, Singletary, and McCloughan (sp? Been a while) got us a lot of talent....but this is the first time since Mooch that we've had a winner. A you arm chair Qb's look in the mirror and tell yourselves your mama says you could do better.
This place is so f**king retarded, I go outside this forum, and we're getting nothing but kuddos from reporters/former scouts/experts on our draft. They think we're acing it, but fans here don't.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This place is so f**king retarded, I go outside this forum, and we're getting nothing but kuddos from reporters/former scouts/experts on our draft. They think we're acing it, but fans here don't.
We're just messing around, the picks haven't been sexy, but they've made sense. Except for stock piling a whole bunch of late picks, don't get it.
Damn straight Snake.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're just messing around, the picks haven't been sexy, but they've made sense. Except for stock piling a whole bunch of late picks, don't get it.

Some are messing around ....many aren't sadly.
We just drafted Stevie Johnson in the fourth (3rd maybe) round!

LOL. You guys better get used to it. Baalke has a successful draft strategy and its not going to change any time soon. I dont know why some of you are so shocked by these moves. Classic Baalke today, and he showed why he is the best GM in the game when it comes to draft day.

Nothing was surprising or shocking about the way the 49ers handled the draft today. Sure some players could have been surprising, but the way they worked the board? Thats just classic baalke.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
And trading back again just cost us a hell of a return guy in Dri Archer. Hope that extra 6th round pick or whatever we got (that we will cut anyway), was worth another season of LMJ returning punts.

I don't think they would pickup another RB just to be a returner. It will have to come from WR or CB position.
Originally posted by jta854:
We "need" to stop trading our stockpile of high value picks for a bunch of throw always at the end of this draft.

Lol those "throw aways" you talk about brought us Boldin and Johnson

Great way to do your research dude

- Research, it saves lives.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
How many Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Thank god youre not drafting for the Niners. Youre the type that will trade all the picks for one player because of your lack of patience.

How many 5th - 7th round picks do you think will make the team this year....?

It's less about the lower rounds, and more about numbers. Right now we have 11 picks, half that may not make the team.

I was under the impression that the coaching staff and the front office decide which players make the team.

The draft is not over. The players have not even practiced yet. No preseason games have been played.

And you, somehow know how many drafted players are going to make the team.
Let's see we got a dandy jack-of-all-trades DB in Jimmie Ward...who'll likely play slot CB and who knows what else.

We got one of the top RB's in the draft...big-time thumper who can run in Carlos Hyde.

We got arguably the best C who has 2 yrs of OG at USC. Kilgore will have his work cut out for him to win the C job.

We got Borland, one of the top ILB's in the draft...all he does is blow people up.

We got Thomas, who'll be red-shirted for play in 2015.

Yeah, that's a horrible draft, ain't it? Give me a break...stop the whining and enjoy the ballers we got.
Share 49ersWebzone