There are 39 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Hyde

Personally I think Hyde will thrive in this system. Once he gets coached up and some of those bad habits are trained out of him he will be a beast behind this Oline. In the Orange Bowl it was ridiculous how many blocks Clemson was blowing up. This draft cemented the strong suit of this offense for years to come with Martin, Thomas, and Hyde. You guys watch the running game will keep moving the chains long after Gore is gone.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Personally I think Hyde will thrive in this system. Once he gets coached up and some of those bad habits are trained out of him he will be a beast behind this Oline. In the Orange Bowl it was ridiculous how many blocks Clemson was blowing up. This draft cemented the strong suit of this offense for years to come with Martin, Thomas, and Hyde. You guys watch the running game will keep moving the chains long after Gore is gone.

Agree.

He really reminds me of Marshawn - powerful and fast.

Great move in getting him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree.

But does he have that violent stiff arm though?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree.

But does he have that violent stiff arm though?

He would need to take PEDs for that
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
When time comes for Lattimore(assuming he is healthy) and Hyde to take over for Frank I'm going to dub them" Run and Hyde".

Take the condition of Lattimore's knees and add a little dry wit, you could say hobble and hide.
[ Edited by buck on May 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/178384-round-pick-overall-49ers-selects-carlos-ohio-state/

just sayin
Hyde has the skill of Gore and the body of Dixon! I love it!
Originally posted by Scoots:
Eddie George didn't suck.

Uh, yeah - he did. And badly. One of the most over rated players in the history of the NFL.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Scoots:
Eddie George didn't suck.

Uh, yeah - he did. And badly. One of the most over rated players in the history of the NFL.

Um...what?

U wot mate?

Last draft many in the Zone wanted us to take Turbin who Seattle drafted.

How does Hyde compare to Turbin?
I haven't seen much of Hyde. My question is, does he hit the line fast? I hope he's not a dancer when nothing is there.
I would rather Hyde than not. I would rather have Lattimore than not. However things work out with Hunter and LMJ, I think the Niners are good for the present and the future at RB. I can't wait to see these guys play in August.
IIRC Hyde had 3 carries for negative yards last year. He had a "dancing" problem in the past but it appeared to be cured last year. He has a decent stiff arm, has good patience and is quick to accelerate into the hole. He has gone down too easy on occasion in the past, but that too seemed to improve last year.