LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

If he drops to one of our 2nd rounders, would you guys be against selecting him? He was very very impressive in college, I always came away impressed by him.

I know we have Gore but he is the last year of his current deal. Lattimore, whom we all love is a question mark and may never become the same player and Hunter is probably best served in a backup role. I know we have some needs in the secondary and potential depth issues on both lines but if he is the top guy on our board, I would love to see him run for us. What do you guys think? Or is he a luxury we cannot afford in the 2nd round?
LMJ had a 2000 yard rushing season for me in madden. the answer is clear
A running back in the 2nd is just so unlikely.
Talented guy but we won't. Maybe if we traded away lamichael then we would consider another rb.
Originally posted by English:

I know but it's hard to pass on a guy who I see as a future bell cow. Right now we look stacked at RB but if this is Gore's last season and if Lattimore isn't what we want/expect him to be, suddenly we only have Hunter and possibly Gore...
[ Edited by GoldenJoe on May 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
ONLY IF we are able to trade James. If Chip Kelly is willing to trade for his guy...at fair value...I can see us drafting a RB. Otherwise, I don't see a point in drafting a RB. Maybe with our comp. pick but it will be surprising if we take one before that with James still on the roster.
Originally posted by 4ML:
ONLY IF we are able to trade James. If Chip Kelly is willing to trade for his guy...at fair value...I can see us drafting a RB. Otherwise, I don't see a point in drafting a RB. Maybe with our comp. pick but it will be surprising if we take one before that with James still on the roster.

This.
A second plus LMJ with a move up to nab Hyde would be feasible... But not likely

I think they move up to get another defensive player, especially after the trade today

Maybe just wishful thinking as I REALLY want Tuitt
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

I know but it's hard to pass on a guy who I see as a future bell cow. Right now we look stacked at RB but if this is Gore's last season and if Lattimore isn't what we want/expect him to be, suddenly we only have Hunter and possibly Gore...

Yes I know. But that is if and if. And running back is the position you can plug a guy in on Day 1.

But if Gore is nearly done and if Lattimore is no good, fine. We have the picks.
I would also love Tuitt, fits our scheme really well. In that case, I hope that Hyde stays out of the division. However, if he somehow dropped to us, I would not fault our FO with taking him.
Just as i feel with USC wr's I feel the same re Ohio St RB's ..... they blow

I see pretty pedestrian burst through the hole. On that alone I feel like it'd be hard for him to be a workhorse RB
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

Yes I know. But that is if and if. And running back is the position you can plug a guy in on Day 1.

But if Gore is nearly done and if Lattimore is no good, fine. We have the picks.

Understood. I just think that those "ifs" are more likely than Gore continuing his high level of play for two more seasons and Lattimore being able to shoulder the burden. You are right though, we will likely go RB next season but when you have the chance to get difference makers at key positions it is hard to pass up.
In my opinion, LMJ value is like a 6th or 7th round pick at best right now. I would take a 6th round pick for him in a heartbeat right now, or as part of a trade. But I cant see any team taking LMJ and our second round pick to drop back 10 plus spots in the 2nd round.

We are in a position where we can literally take BPA. At some point in this draft we could use CB, OL, WR, TE, QB, ILB, OLB....but not sure any of these needs are so pressing that we need to spend a 2nd round pick on.
I'd rather get Seastrunk in the 3rd or 4th.
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

But I will punch a baby if the Niners draft him in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone