LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Targets for the *next* round

Originally posted by Phil:
Who's the best next available d line pass rusher?

Demarcus Lawrence
I know its a long shot, and not going to happen, but I'm a big fan of Kyle Van Noy and would love to have him on the 49ers. My dad is a huge BYU fan, and I have watched almost every game with him. Van Noy doesn't blow you away with his measurables but his football instincts are tremendous. I get the same feeling watching him that I got watching Bobby Wagner while he was at Utah State. They both tend to make impact plays when you need them too the most.

I think he could be a different type of pass rusher for us to rotate with Smith, and Brooks. Van Noy is also extremely good in pass coverage for a 3-4 outside linebacker.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

Demarcus Lawrence

Looks like a very interesting prospect. Only faults I see is a lack of size and possible character issues. Would he fit into a 3-4 as a lineman/DE?

Demarcus Lawrence

Looks like a very interesting prospect. Only faults I see is a lack of size and possible character issues. Would he fit into a 3-4 as a lineman/DE?

I'd say his size and wingspan is comparable to Aldon. I am very intrigued by him.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Demarcus Lawrence

I'd say his size and wingspan is comparable to Aldon. I am very intrigued by him.

Scouts have been saying that he also has that burst when he gets close to the QB or a ball carrier. He was actually shooting up on a lot of the pre-draft rankings and I thought he might make it into the first round, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they took him in the second.
I think the Niners pass on a WR in rd 2 and possibly target:
Phillip Gaines
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Marcus Martin
Jeremiah Attaochu

CB C and OLB will be the focus I believe
I think return man is their biggest need right now. I think LaMichael will get traded for third day pick, or possibly for a 2015 pick, but not until they have a viable replacement. I have a feeling they are going to go for Dri Archer. Any other guys with KR/PR abilities?
Were going to trade for Washs pick and select Lee.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Why in the hell would we pick Lee???

Have you been under a rock today....???
Originally posted by eonblue:

With all our picks depending on what it takes I wouldn't even mind at this point. We are such a deep team we can afford to take a risk and potentially miss on a guy. Then again we haven't won a SB yet so of course we don't want to miss. I wouldn't mind Matthews, Lee, Latimer or Robinson in the 2nd.

Damn we could literally have one need next year and that would be kicker. Serious talk.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the Niners pass on a WR in rd 2 and possibly target:
Phillip Gaines
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Marcus Martin
Jeremiah Attaochu

CB C and OLB will be the focus I believe

I can see that, though Moncrief/Herron would like nice as a 5th WR.

Anyone of these guys/positions are hopefully in play:

CBs: Keith McGill, Pierre Desire or Gaines (my CB crush)
DL: Kareem Martin, Caraun Reid or DeAndre Coleman
C: Weston Richburg or Martin
ILB: Telvin Smith or Kevin Pierre-Louis
DE/OLB: Ethan Westbrooks
I would love to see the next guy targeted be Tuitt or Hageman. You can never have enough top DL depth and either of those guys would be a nice addition.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Why in the hell would we pick Lee???

Have you been under a rock today....???

Lloyd and Johnson are currently unknowns IMO. Lee is as incredible route runner and beautiful after the catch. Worth the pick.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
With all our picks depending on what it takes I wouldn't even mind at this point. We are such a deep team we can afford to take a risk and potentially miss on a guy. Then again we haven't won a SB yet so of course we don't want to miss. I wouldn't mind Matthews, Lee, Latimer or Robinson in the 2nd.

I think Lee is the best WR left. If you're going to miss it wouldn't be on him. If we're going to trade up to Washs 34 I wouldn't mind Hageman, Tuitt, Amaro, Sefarian Jenkins, Lawrence, Ealy, Hill, or Lee.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Demarcus Lawrence

Natural size is good, I meant he needs more strength/muscle.

As far as corners I bet we go after either Keith Mcgill or Stanley Jean-Baptiste.
Share 49ersWebzone