LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Grade the 1st round Selections

Originally posted by 9moon:
I'm wondering if Baalke really knows how to pick players in Round One.

This pick is very much similar to AJ Jenkins.. A head scratcher!!

It's also very similar to the Aldon Smith pick. Off the field issues aside, I think we'd all agree that has turned out ok.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I was glad that we picked Jimmie Ward.

He brings a lot to the table. We have a coaching staff quite capable of getting the most out of him.

I am pleased with the pick, but still it is way early to actually grade this pick or any other pick in this draft.

aldon smith

eric reid

anthony davis

mike iupati

you sure you're a niner fan?
Originally posted by buck:
I was glad that we picked Jimmie Ward.

He brings a lot to the table. We have a coaching staff quite capable of getting the most out of him.

I am pleased with the pick, but still it is way early to actually grade this pick or any other pick in this draft.

+1

How so? He was regarded as a top 20 pick in a ton of mocks and was a top 3 safety by most analysts...AJ was not a 1st rd talent and was a huge reach for TB. I think this was a good move and now we have some flexibility with our 2nd rd picks.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Chiefs: Dee Ford - DE/LB - Auburn (D)
*This is a pick for 2015 and beyond, but with other pressing needs, I don't see the value in this pick. Ford is a good quality player that should fit the scheme. And with no second round selection, Alex Smith may be screwed in finding another WR weapon.

This off season, Hali has been packing on weight. I suspect that they will move him to DE. Dee is a better pass rusher than Hali ever was. Also remember, this is a team that defensively fell apart when both Houston and Hali were injured and never really healthy again.

If he doesn't bust, this move makes the team instantly better on the defensive side of the ball. You don't have to like the pick, but I really felt Dee is one of the better pass rushers..he doesn't just depend on speed, but has a variety of movies. Also, he has one of the fastest first steps of the DE crop this year. He tore it up in the Senior Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000318919/article/scouts-take-dee-ford-most-dominant-player-at-senior-bowl
Draft grades now are meaningless...all you're doing is grading on potential for all the teams, including our own.
Share 49ersWebzone