There are 165 users in the forums

What WR now?

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by crake49:
The fastest higher-rated receiver left appears to be Donte Moncrief - dude is 6-3 and has been clocked at a 4.35.

4.4 at the combine? Still very, very good. Only player I'd like more in Latimer.

They're both about the same size and speed, but Latimer does look like he may be stronger and might be able to take more abuse. I'd be very happy with either one.
I want us to draft WR Martavias Bryant from Clemson to stretch the field tonight!
Latimer is light years ahead of Moncrief as far as receiving skills go. Latimer shows great utilization of his hands away from his body, attacking the ball at it's highest point. Moncrief not so much(never really).

With that said I think both of those guys are off the board now with Stevie Johnson a 49er. If the Niners grab a receiver it will be true burner like p richardson, john brown or someone like bruce ellington who has speed but also brings special teams utility as well.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 9, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]
paul richardson/latimer
One sleeper I have my eye on in the mid-late rounds is John Brown, Pittsburgh State.

5'10" 179 lb speed demon, and special teams dynamo. 45 career TDs (34 receiving, 6 rushing, 3 KR, 2 PR).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2028404/john-brown
Originally posted by tohara3:
I want us to draft WR Martavias Bryant from Clemson to stretch the field tonight!

Bryant has the highest upside, plus can probably can get him in rd 3
Now, I would be ok with Bryant earlier than the end of the 3rd.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
One sleeper I have my eye on in the mid-late rounds is John Brown, Pittsburgh State.

5'10" 179 lb speed demon, and special teams dynamo. 45 career TDs (34 receiving, 6 rushing, 3 KR, 2 PR).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2028404/john-brown

This guy could be a very dangerous return man. Good call.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Latimer is light years ahead of Moncrief as far as receiving skills go. Latimer shows great utilization of his hands away from his body, attacking the ball at it's highest point. Moncrief not so much(never really).

With that said I think both of those guys are off the board now with Stevie Johnson a 49er. If the Niners grab a receiver it will be true burner like p richardson, john brown or someone like bruce ellington who has speed but also brings special teams utility as well.

Get Martavius Bryant in rd 3 over the little guys you mentioned. Has giant catch radius and is deep burner who averaged >22 yds per catch. It takes tall guys like him a little longer to mature, but he has the best upside, and would be a steal in rd 3.

Latimer, Matthews, Robinson and Adams would also be good picks, but will likely be early rd 2 picks. I think they are looking at WR's later in draft to develop with clever vets like Boldin and Stevie Johnson to be their mentors. So look for Martavis Bryant (rd3), Albert Wilson (rd7), Jeff Janis(rd6), etc.
[ Edited by maxsmart on May 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM ]
Good thing we didn't trade our picks for Josh Gordon WR for Browns.

Originally posted by kray28:
We could have had Lee at #30 and drafted Jimmie Ward at #56...no trade up needed.

think so?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I think Bruce Ellington and Quincy Enunwa would make a lot of sense.

Ellington would give us a fast, quick, physical receiver with good hands + return ability.

Enunwa would give us a physical freak who shows flashes of greatness followed by head scratchers but is a better receiver than Osgood IMO and could also develop into a ST ace.

Crabtree
Boldin
Johnson
Patton
Ellington
Enunwa

Thoughts ?
[ Edited by DeUh on May 10, 2014 at 5:43 AM ]
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by kray28:
We could have had Lee at #30 and drafted Jimmie Ward at #56...no trade up needed.

think so?

Not a chance. Ward was certainly high on a lot of teams boards.
The WRs on my wish list now are Bryant and Ellington.

Honestly, even after the Johnson trade, I'd still love to see us draft both.

But I would also be really happy with just one of the two and another TE with pass catching ability.
Looking at our roster and moving forward, I think we get a stash guy. Bryant is painfully raw, but he has unique size and speed. Ellington is a logical pick for speed and the ability to slide into the slot.

I could see us going CB in the 4th, meaning we might miss out on those other too. Another guy I could see us bring in is Brandon Coleman. He's a big bodied guy that can catch the ball and stretch the field.
Share 49ersWebzone