There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your expectations starting today....???

Originally posted by OldJoe:
NO WR IN ROUND 1. AND OF COURSE NO TRADE UP FOR ONE. (Baalke won't risk AJ II or worse)

WR is more the sexy pick ... got it.



CB will is the only 1st round I can see.

If Evans or Beckham fell to the mid teens (14-17) I could see that as an opportunity too hard to pass on.

But if an elite CB fell to the same range at the same time, I'd surely go CB. There just aren't as many of them available this year.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Originally posted by OldJoe:
NO WR IN ROUND 1. AND OF COURSE NO TRADE UP FOR ONE. (Baalke won't risk AJ II or worse)

WR is more the sexy pick ... got it.



CB will is the only 1st round I can see.

I don't think that Baalke cares what anybody else thinks about him. I also don't think that he is scared to make a mistake. I would suggest that if you draft scared, you've already lost.

I've said this for weeks to those who say "trade DOWN for more picks in case we miss."

You don't draft thinking "This could bust." You draft after you've done your homework. If it doesn't work out, you can look back and say you made the best decision you could've.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
NO WR IN ROUND 1. AND OF COURSE NO TRADE UP FOR ONE. (Baalke won't risk AJ II or worse)

WR is more the sexy pick ... got it.



CB will is the only 1st round I can see.

So you think the fact that they recently made a mistake on WR in the first round means they would be afraid to try going WR in the first round again? Really?

Please be kidding.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I've said this for weeks to those who say "trade DOWN for more picks in case we miss."

You don't draft thinking "This could bust." You draft after you've done your homework. If it doesn't work out, you can look back and say you made the best decision you could've.

Trading down for more picks in case you miss is a failure-based strategy. I don't see these guys playing the game that way. Besides, there are so many roster spots already set that they don't really need more picks this year. They need quality, not quantity and the way you get that is by trading up, not down.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I've said this for weeks to those who say "trade DOWN for more picks in case we miss."

You don't draft thinking "This could bust." You draft after you've done your homework. If it doesn't work out, you can look back and say you made the best decision you could've.

Trading down for more picks in case you miss is a failure-based strategy. I don't see these guys playing the game that way. Besides, there are so many roster spots already set that they don't really need more picks this year. They need quality, not quantity and the way you get that is by trading up, not down.

Where have you been the past month? You have no idea how much I've been arguing this since early-April.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Where have you been the past month? You have no idea how much I've been arguing this since early-April.

Sorry. I don't pay a lot of attention until we're right there. I strongly agree with you.
  • Phil
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,658
I want 2 WR's and 2 CB's.
i expect to at least get 4 starters out of this draft. maybe they wont start this year, but eventually.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
i expect to at least get 4 starters out of this draft. maybe they wont start this year, but eventually.

I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping they get a starting receiver and a corner who can play a lot and possibly even push the two existing starters for playing time.
We will be aggressive to get Mike Evans. He's our guy.

If we stay put, it's Latimer.