There are 318 users in the forums

MadDog49er Forty-Niners Draft Board Top 50

2 centers in top 26?
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
2 centers in top 26?

Yes. Both are very good, can play guard as well, and are at a position of need.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Great job MD. Where are you going to post your player selections when we are ontheclock? In here? Another dedicated thread? Chatroom? Id like to follow you like the little blue birdy

???
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by buck:
Jimmie Ward would be my surprise pick in the first if we do not move up.

Ward could function as the slot corner over the next two years, and over the long run combine with Reid to give us two solid coverage safeties.

Really like him a lot. As the NFL continues to increase as a pass-first league, the need to obtain two coverage safeties will be huge.

In fact, I see the eventual death of the SS position in the NFL. We will see two guys in the back who can both fly around.

Well, well, I finally got a first round pick right.

Ward could function as the slot corner over the next two years, and over the long run combine with Reid to give us two solid coverage safeties.

Really like him a lot. As the NFL continues to increase as a pass-first league, the need to obtain two coverage safeties will be huge.

In fact, I see the eventual death of the SS position in the NFL. We will see two guys in the back who can both fly around.

Nailed it. Nice work.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Great call buck

That's awesome Buck, congrats Bro, nice job!!!

Well done. I am very impressed with both Buck and MadDog for calling this talent. I would have gone with Lee, but it's good to see that Baalke trusts his board.
Well-done, Buck. Good call at 30.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Nice call on Jimmy Ward. Also M Lee and Dennard dropping you had called that out earlier.

Congrats to both MD and Buck...and congrats to the Niners for trolling this forum looking for tips. After seeing that Ward was placed number 15 on MD's list of talent for this draft, I feel great about this pick. I have thought for months that the Niners' biggest need was better coverage guys in the secondary. Ward is a very versatile player and can be used at any secondary position. I've even heard some other draft "experts" say that Ward is the best coverage guy in the draft, regardless of position! He went to a small school so when he gets in an NFL weight room with excellent trainers, he should get stronger relatively quickly.

An inspired pick by the Niners IMHO....

Cheers all! Enjoy the rest of the draft...

Hey you were right on! You are the guru my friend
  • buck
  • Veteran
Well-done, Buck. Good call at 30.

I got lucky.

Thanks.

buck you deserve HOF IMO.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Great job MD. Where are you going to post your player selections when we are ontheclock? In here? Another dedicated thread? Chatroom? Id like to follow you like the little blue birdy

Last night, I posted my board in the running Draft Thread. Here was my post on page 159 below, before the pick:

My best board
1. Jimmie Ward
2. Carlos Hyde
3. Allen Robinson
4. Joel Bitonio
5. Weston Richburg

Really debating between Ward and Hyde, Grade Hyde higher but see greater need at SS. Toss up to me.

Today, I will be reloading the board (working on finishing the final touches for Rounds 2-3).I will post a new thread with this info.
Share 49ersWebzone