3 Mike Evans Texas A&M WR
4 Odell Beckham LSU WR
5 Greg Robinson Auburn OT
6 Anthony Barr UCLA LB
7 Brandin Cooks Oregon St WR
8 Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina DE
9 Kyle Fuller Virginia Tech CB
10 Justin Gilbert Oklahoma State CB

except for Cooks at #7, Fuller at #9, and Beckham at #4, I would not include any of these guys on a SF Board.

I do not think it would be realistic for us to move up high enough to get Watkins, Mack, Evans or Gilbert.

Well, maybe a major trade for Evans, but I do not see it happening.

I doubt the 49ers would take Clowney because of concerns about his intangibles.
Originally posted by buck:
Jimmie Ward would be my surprise pick in the first if we do not move up.

Ward could function as the slot corner over the next two years, and over the long run combine with Reid to give us two solid coverage safeties.

Really like him a lot. As the NFL continues to increase as a pass-first league, the need to obtain two coverage safeties will be huge.

In fact, I see the eventual death of the SS position in the NFL. We will see two guys in the back who can both fly around.
2014 NFL Draft 49ers Board
Pick Player School Position
1 Khalil Mack Buffalo DE/OLB
2 Sammy Watkins Clemson WR
4 Odell Beckham LSU WR
6 Anthony Barr UCLA LB

except for Cooks at #7, Fuller at #9, and Beckham at #4, I would not include any of these guys on a SF Board.

I do not think it would be realistic for us to move up high enough to get Watkins, Mack, Evans or Gilbert.

I think the team would kill for any of these guys. This is the best and brightest from this draft class.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
2014 NFL Draft 49ers Board
Pick Player School Position
1 Khalil Mack Buffalo DE/OLB
2 Sammy Watkins Clemson WR
4 Odell Beckham LSU WR
6 Anthony Barr UCLA LB

I think the team would kill for any of these guys. This is the best and brightest from this draft class.

And if some of the usual unexpected picks by other teams take place--usually for a QB--then maybe one of those guys (i.e., Fuller or Gilbert) falls to a point where the Niner's could trade up for him?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Kill for Clowney. Has possibilities.

We could try and fail, but blame the attempt on Roman.

Roman goes to jail. Our offense improves.

The above is dedicated to Mr. CCIOWA.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Epic fail you have Clowny rated that low.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
And if some of the usual unexpected picks by other teams take place--usually for a QB--then maybe one of those guys (i.e., Fuller or Gilbert) falls to a point where the Niner's could trade up for him?

Seems like Fuller might be one of the hot guys tonight. Maybe cracking the top 10. We will see.
Originally posted by susweel:

His name is spelled Clowney, and we will see if it is an epic fail, or a stroke of brilliance. That, my friend, is the fun of the draft.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

His name is spelled Clowney, and we will see if it is an epic fail, or a stroke of brilliance. That, my friend, is the fun of the draft.

and thats why they play the game. lol
Thanks Maddog, it really helps to see the players that the Niners would pick if possible. It helps to remove the players that are not realistic to pick and just focus on the ones that are possible.

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Thanks Maddog, it really helps to see the players that the Niners would pick if possible. It helps to remove the players that are not realistic to pick and just focus on the ones that are possible.

Tough to move down stud players too far simply based on scheme or need. At some point, you have to say, "We will make this work with this player". The tough call is where that happens. Fortunately, these are usually talented people who will go early enough that you don't have to make that call.
Great job MD. Where are you going to post your player selections when we are ontheclock? In here? Another dedicated thread? Chatroom? Id like to follow you like the little blue birdy
Really like him a lot. As the NFL continues to increase as a pass-first league, the need to obtain two coverage safeties will be huge.

In fact, I see the eventual death of the SS position in the NFL. We will see two guys in the back who can both fly around.

That is absolutely the way the NFL is going. No more "enforcers." Niner fans, especially, should get that by now. It's going to be secondaries who prevent catches with tight coverage as opposed to secondaries who separate receivers from the ball after they've made a catch.
I think Anthony Barr ig going to fall in the draft tonight to the 20s maybe even near the Niners pick at 30 if they dont move up. As much as I want a WR I wouldnt mind him either.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Seems like Fuller might be one of the hot guys tonight. Maybe cracking the top 10. We will see.

I think the same thing about OBJ. I think he ends up in the top 10.
Share 49ersWebzone