LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Final Draft Predictions:Who Do the 49ers Draft in Round 1?

Final Draft Predictions:Who Do the 49ers Draft in Round 1?

I think Beckham will be gone too early.

We'll move up to get Fuller.
Fuller seems like what the roster is needing.
Draft day today wooooo
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Gire

Even if Gire, still hoping for Evans!
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by hohbie:
The run on receivers is a smoke screen and the 49ers are able to trade up with their first and a fourth to get Cooks in the 20-25 range.

Won't get past Jets/Eagles.

I think the Jets and Eagles have plenty of other holes to fill. Not saying they wont take a receiver, just saying its not crazy to think they will pass. Plus, you never know who will fall that could change everything. That is why I love the draft, but I dont believe that there will be a run on receivers like they are currently talking.
I hope what they do is be positioned to go get Gilbert, Dennard or Fuller (my order of preference) if any of them are available in the mid-to-later teens. If they aren't then jump on Verrett at the last spot they are confident he will still be available. IOW, I hope they get a good corner first.
I agree with Mike Mayock. A DE to replace Justin Smith makes a lot of sense. Easier to put in the first year and help immediately than putting in a rookie WR.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I agree with Mike Mayock. A DE to replace Justin Smith makes a lot of sense.

Which we could very easily have in Tank
Originally posted by wailers15:

Would love Tank to be that guy, but would the FO put their eggs in his coming off an injury basket....
Originally posted by wailers15:

Would love Tank to be that guy, but would the FO put their eggs in his coming off an injury basket....
Well the FO won't presume their 2nd round is a bust before he hits the field. So I don't see them looking there before pick #61. Address CB / WR first.

He's bulked up to get to a better optimal weight to play the 34 DE. The question is whether he is healthy.
GOD PLEASE GET COOKS OH PLEASE
Webzone prediction:

At what amount of users will the Zone crash today? In the past, once it gets to about 450, it begins to be real sketchy.
This draft is going to be great. Nothing is set in stone; some drafts we know the first 2-3 picks already. This one is really up in the air. As for the 49ers it's really up in the air as well minus it likely being a CB or WR. I think we either trade up to the mid round for Beckham, Fuller or Cooks or move up 10 spots or so for Verrett. If you forced me to choose I say Beckham (or Fuller). With 6 picks in the 1st 100 it will be an exciting draft but with Baalke it's always exciting; you never know what he will do.
Want Watkins but probably won't happen. For some reason, Evans smells of "bust" to me

I'd be happy with Beckham or Cooks who can contribute right away. This team needs to make a big move tonight for an offensive skill player in order to get the O going and to put Seattle to the ultimate test at the end of the season. They can't keep relying on their D to win ball games. No Bow, maybe no Aldon, and a new set of starters in the secondary tell me that while the D will still be very good, it's going to take a step backwards in 2014. That means the O needs to take AT LEAST 2 steps forward!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone