There are 201 users in the forums

You're the G.M.

You're the G.M.
Post your selections before the draft now and then follow up after the draft as to what you would have done if you were the general manager of the Niners.

Here is mine:

I expect the Niners brass to make a trade to move up in the first round which is what I would do.
Niners trade their 1st (30) and their 2nd (56) this year and a 2nd next year for Tennessee's 1st (11) this year.

WITH TRADE:

1. First round – No. 11 WR Odell Beckham- LSU
2. Second round – No. 61 CB Lamarcus Joyner- Florida St.-- Best pound per pound defender in the country
3. Third round – No. 77 WR Martavis Bryant- Clemson-- 6'4" 4.3 40
4. Third round – No. 94 CB Pierre Desir- Lindenwood
5. Third round – No. 100 DE Taylor Hart- Oregon
6. Fourth round – No. 129 LB Shayne Skov- Stanford
7. Fifth round - No. 170 S Lonnie Ballentine- Memphis-- 6'3" 220lbs 4.4 40, If nothing else a super-gunner
8. Seventh round – No. 242 QB David Fales- SJS
9. Seventh round – No. 243 TE Colt Lyerla- Oregon -- Troubled Pro-Bowl talent worth taking a chance on
10. Seventh round – No. 245 OG Spencer Long- Nebraska

NO TRADE:

1. First round – No. 30 DE Kony Ealy or Dee Ford- Missouri/Auburn
2. Second round – No. 56 CB Lamarcus Joyner- Florida St.
3. Second round - No 61 WR Bruce Ellington- South Carolina
4. Third round – No. 77 WR Martavis Bryant- Clemson
5. Third round – No. 94 CB Pierre Desir- Lindenwood
6. Third round – No. 100 OLB Jordon Tripp- Montana
7. Fourth round – No. 129 ILB Shayne Skov- Stanford
8. Fifth round - No. 170 S Lonnie Ballentine- Memphis
9. Seventh round – No. 242 QB David Fales- SJS
10. Seventh round – No. 243 TE Colt Lyerla- Oregon
11. Seventh round – No. 245 OG Spencer Long- Nebraska
[ Edited by T3Football on May 7, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]
Sorry but if we don't make the trade, wouldn't we keep #56 in your "no trade scenario"?
Draft errbody
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Sorry but if we don't make the trade, wouldn't we keep #56 in your "no trade scenario"?

Error Fixed. Used wrong format. Thanks for pointing it out.
I really don't want to see us reach for Cooks or Beckham. We can get Matthews or Landry or Moncrief in the 2nd round.

We want that speed receiver, but it isn't do or die, we need to be smart about this. We don't want to be the Raiders, and give up the farm for "that speed receiver".
[ Edited by BrianGO on May 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM ]
Desir will go early 2nd
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I really don't want to see us reach for Cooks or Beckham. We can get Matthews or Landry or Moncrief in the 2nd round.

We want that speed receiver, but it isn't do or die, we need to be smart about this. We don't want to be the Raiders, and give up the farm for "that speed receiver".

Beckham isn't just a speedster, he has gloves and moves as well. Depending on which teams they go to we might just be saying Beckham is better than Watkins.
You do have an argument with Cooks, but he didn't drop many balls. At worst he his a Maclin of the Eagles. Unless you plan on getting rid of Crabtree then there is no reason to get Moncrief or Landry and to a lesser degree Matthews who I do like and could end up being something special but he still will not be able to spread the zones.

5'9" T.Y. Hilton and 5'10" Reggie Wayne tore up Seattle's secondary on a way to a win. If big receivers could beat them then Denver would have made a game of it. Obviously quick fast receivers who can separate and expand the zone is what works against big physical DB's.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/7/4812050/colts-wr-t-y-hilton-schooled-seahawks-corners-richard-sherman-and
Share 49ersWebzone