LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

What are the chances LaMichael James gets traded this weekend?

8th round pick.
Wouldn't be mad at a swap for Clayborn with James...throw in a 5th or 6th for good measure.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I wasn't clear about it but I do think that we shop James all the way until the dead line and yes even Hunter. I think Hunter will get looks from other teams, especially if they get hit hard by injuries, unless he is told Gore is hanging up the cleats I doubt he comes back and the deal he signs likely won't get us anything higher than a 6th round comp so why not trade him for a conditional 6th that could turn into a 5th?

As of now James is a conditional 7th in value so it'll take a lot for a team to bite on him.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by strickac:
Very likely, IMO.

LMJ goes away and we draft a bruiser (Jeremy Hill).

nobody would give up a pick for him

He's untradeable. No one trades for a RB these days unless the guy is dope.
Ironic ex Pac-12 players not getting along with coaches who were their former opposition.

Jim Harbaugh (Stanford) - LaMichael James (Oregon)

Chip Kelly (Oregon) - Desean Jackson (Cal)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He'll get traded for a glass slipper right around midnight....
Originally posted by sfout:
I wasn't clear about it but I do think that we shop James all the way until the dead line and yes even Hunter. I think Hunter will get looks from other teams, especially if they get hit hard by injuries, unless he is told Gore is hanging up the cleats I doubt he comes back and the deal he signs likely won't get us anything higher than a 6th round comp so why not trade him for a conditional 6th that could turn into a 5th?

As of now James is a conditional 7th in value so it'll take a lot for a team to bite on him.

Agreed that James doesn't have much value. I think that Morris Claiborne doesn't have that much as well. I think its kind of the same what Niners and Chiefs did last year with Baldwin and Jenkins. There is 2 players that have not lived up to their potential. I think in both of these cases it may not have been a good fit. This is the best trade I could come up with evolving LMJ. Baalke doesn't like letting players go with out compensation. What GM does right. With LMJ I think the writing is on the wall. I am sure we are going to draft a bruiser at RB, and with Lattimore, he will never see the field. Of course you can most likely count on LMJ tweeting his displeasure of not playing. In my mind he needs to go before he becomes a cancer in the locker room. With Philly picking up Sproles I cannot think of a better trade partner then Dallas. I guess the Saints might be interested in replacing Sproles on the cheap. They would only give us a 7th or a 6th tops. I heard that Dallas was interested in CJ2K and they could use another change up back. I think LMJ is still popular in Texas that might entice Jones to pull trigger on such a trade.
Originally posted by sfout:

Agreed that James doesn't have much value. I think that Morris Claiborne doesn't have that much as well. I think its kind of the same what Niners and Chiefs did last year with Baldwin and Jenkins. There is 2 players that have not lived up to their potential. I think in both of these cases it may not have been a good fit. This is the best trade I could come up with evolving LMJ. Baalke doesn't like letting players go with out compensation. What GM does right. With LMJ I think the writing is on the wall. I am sure we are going to draft a bruiser at RB, and with Lattimore, he will never see the field. Of course you can most likely count on LMJ tweeting his displeasure of not playing. In my mind he needs to go before he becomes a cancer in the locker room. With Philly picking up Sproles I cannot think of a better trade partner then Dallas. I guess the Saints might be interested in replacing Sproles on the cheap. They would only give us a 7th or a 6th tops. I heard that Dallas was interested in CJ2K and they could use another change up back. I think LMJ is still popular in Texas that might entice Jones to pull trigger on such a trade.
No he will be cut or traded during camp.
He gets traded for a 2015 6th round pick. To which team? Who cares?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
I am hoping and praying LMJ gets traded. It seems if we were to draft a RB, it would be a big back type to pair up with Lattimore. I, on the other hand would like another explosive back in Lache Seastrunk to form a formidable one-two punch with Lattimore for our backfield going into the future.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am hoping and praying LMJ gets traded. It seems if we were to draft a RB, it would be a big back type to pair up with Lattimore. I, on the other hand would like another explosive back in Lache Seastrunk to form a formidable one-two punch with Lattimore for our backfield going into the future.

Seastrunk? Hell yeah.

And I could see James or even Hunter ending up as part of a trade with Baltimore at some point in the draft.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Maybe not this weekend but he's eventually gone. If we draft Beckham James is gone. If we draft anyone who can return kicks James is gone. If we can trade him for a third, fourth or fifth rd draft pick James is gone (not likely). I have a 100% certainty James will not be a 49er in 2015. This much I know forsure. Only thing that would keep him here this season is his special teams role.

Animosity and discord isnt good for the lockerroom or sidelines.
Baalke is very methodical, if we trade him it'll be after the draft because we have a replacement in place. Won't get much, lucky to get a sixth rounder. Has to be to a team that uses a player like LMJ-maybe the eagles or saints type offense.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Originally posted by Rascal:

Seastrunk? Hell yeah.

And I could see James or even Hunter ending up as part of a trade with Baltimore at some point in the draft.

Can you imagine the firepower of our run game with Lattimore and Seastrunk combined ?! One word - wow !!
Share 49ersWebzone