LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

LasVegasWally Mock 1

Think we can do better than Moncrief as a 1st. Haven't seen many mocks with him that low, no need to take him there if nobody else is going to. The rest is ok I guess.
Prior to rd 5 you draft no LB's, DL's or pass rushers but you do have 2 safties, 2 WR's and 2 CB's. I understand the CB's and WR's but safties?
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Prior to rd 5 you draft no LB's, DL's or pass rushers but you do have 2 safties, 2 WR's and 2 CB's. I understand the CB's and WR's but safties?

I didn't try to cover every need. I think Wilhoite, Skuta do a vey good job, Navarro will return so I went w/an area that needed bolstering.

Bethea is on a 2 year deal and will be gone. Reid had 2 concussions last year and Dahl is dull. Loston also has CB experience and our coaches seem to value versatility.

Our Dline is pretty deep especially w/Tank coming on. I wanted to draft Easely, DE/Pass Rusher, but it didn't fit as I put it together.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Think we can do better than Moncrief as a 1st. Haven't seen many mocks with him that low, no need to take him there if nobody else is going to. The rest is ok I guess.

Tell you the truth I know we can do better but I was thinking 6-7 WR will go in first round. I also think Verret will be gone and he's the guy I wanted to get.
My picks:

Trade up for Fuller or Dennard.

1st WR chosen from among Matthews, Adams or Latimer. They all have consistent production and are polished WR's...replacing Crabtree those are musts.

Looney can replace Iupati...don't underestimate his talent. Baalke may draft interior OL, but not that early.

Breeland/Watkins. That's a pick 'em. Both solid players.

Ellington 2nd WR. Has speed, toughness, productivity w/KR skills. Good slot receiver material.

Fales won't last 'til rd 7. He's gotten more visibility recently...could go 4th/5th rd.
Moncrief in the 1st!? He is far for a polished WR, maybe end of the 2nd. We can't draft project WRs in the 1st anymore, we need someone that will be one the field this year in one way or another.

Basically your 1st 2 picks will most likely not see the field unless someone gets injured. Why not grab a guard later in the draft to take over Iupati (Brandon Thomas come to mind).
Well it's D-Day.

GO NINERS!
2nd rd for a guard is too early. I hope the 49ers do an injury special and draft the kid from Clemson in the mid rounds and redshirt him to replace Iupati.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
No we don't. We have two starting CB's. We are going to be without a starting G and WR after next season. The WR's will go earlier than the CB's in this draft, and we need a stud to replace Iupati.

This is hilarious. Just because we've got two guys who are going to start doesn't mean they are good. One was never a starter until half way through last season, the other is coming off a major knee injury and has constant off the field problems. We need a CB before our 3rd pick.
Share 49ersWebzone