There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pwillis52beasty's Final 2014 Mock Draft

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love the Cooks, Desir, and Reynolds picks!! Not a fan of Tuitt, but everyone has there draft crush lol...I think your giving up too much to move up (I used Walter football's draft value chart) and for #23 we would be able give them #56, #77, #94 and #129.

Off the chart on Walter football http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php, pick #56=340, #77=205, #94=124, and #129=43. That adds up to 712. Pick #23= 760, so it would still come up short unfortunately :( My trade is a little closer going off of Walter footballs chart. Picks 56, 61, 94 add up to 756.

And if you go off of the footballguys value chart, my trade is much more than enough. It's hard to gauge what teams will be willing to give up. I gave up a generous offer to try and be the most realistic possible. I'd prefer your trade though and I think it is definitely possible the Chiefs would be willing to accept that since they are reportedly looking for quite a few more picks.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What if Baalke doesn't need or want a replacement for Crabtree because Crabtree isn't going anywhere?

Very good point. Not sure why everyone assumes Crabtree is gone. He could absolutely be re-signed.

As for Cooks, I like him but I do have concerns. I wonder how effective he'll be down the field in the NFL due to his size. I see him operating more out of the slot--Wes Welker with straight-line speed. This isn't really a major concern, but both Crab and Anquan are very effective working out of the slot, especially on third down. As much as I like Cooks, I prefer Beckham. And it wouldn't be terrible to sit at #30 and grab a bigger guy who can win jump balls down the field (Allen Robinson, Kelvin Benjamin, etc.).

He can be franchised as well.

It will come down to, who will be cheapest to resign, Crabtree or A.Smith. Sign the cheapest, franchise the other.

Yup and I think Iupati will be the odd man out. At least I hope if someone has to go. I'd like to see us extend Crabtree. And then we have another year to decide on Aldon. Cooks would be a very nice compliment to Crabtree.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The problem I have with taking Cooks (or even Beckham) in the 1st rd is neither guy is a valid replacement for Crabtree. With studs like Matthews, Adams & Latimer available, seems to me it's Baalke's highest WR priority to get one of 'em. I have no issues with adding speed to the receiving corps...but your draft ended up with just Cooks to beef up that group...and it's simply not enough. I'd have him taking one of the three bigger WR's above and grabbing Ellington...who's a baller and has the KR skills, too. BL: This is the draft Baalke must get a WR who can continue the Crabtree productivity. The speed element is great, but in the NFC West, you'd better have some big & fast WR's. He'll have to find another one either next year or in FA to replace Boldin.

I love every receiver you named, but its senseless to take another big receiver. We need an element that is missing, which is homerun speed. You can get it with Cooks or Beckham or another speed receiver later. But it is an absolute must. If we draft Matthews, he isn't playing this year with Crabtree, Boldin, and Patton ahead of him. Anyone wanting us to draft a receiver in that mold should be prepared to have him sit. Matthews (my favorite in the draft BTW) would place even less than LaMichael James on offense. If we had the room on the roster AND picked up speed guys, I honestly wouldn't mind because we'd have a future starter. But I don't think most 49ers fans will be that patient.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The problem I have with taking Cooks (or even Beckham) in the 1st rd is neither guy is a valid replacement for Crabtree. With studs like Matthews, Adams & Latimer available, seems to me it's Baalke's highest WR priority to get one of 'em. I have no issues with adding speed to the receiving corps...but your draft ended up with just Cooks to beef up that group...and it's simply not enough. I'd have him taking one of the three bigger WR's above and grabbing Ellington...who's a baller and has the KR skills, too. BL: This is the draft Baalke must get a WR who can continue the Crabtree productivity. The speed element is great, but in the NFC West, you'd better have some big & fast WR's. He'll have to find another one either next year or in FA to replace Boldin.

I love every receiver you named, but its senseless to take another big receiver. We need an element that is missing, which is homerun speed. You can get it with Cooks or Beckham or another speed receiver later. But it is an absolute must. If we draft Matthews, he isn't playing this year with Crabtree, Boldin, and Patton ahead of him. Anyone wanting us to draft a receiver in that mold should be prepared to have him sit. Matthews (my favorite in the draft BTW) would place even less than LaMichael James on offense. If we had the room on the roster AND picked up speed guys, I honestly wouldn't mind because we'd have a future starter. But I don't think most 49ers fans will be that patient.

Exactly. If you go with a guy like Matthews, Robinson, Adams, Benjamin, they probably won't play much at all and are more of picks for the future to replace Boldin and/or Crabtree. Cooks comes in right away as the #3 who can work the slot and take the top off the defense.
I like this. Wish desir would make it to 3rd but hes gained a lot of momentum. Only thing about Cooks after watching him he doesnt seem to be natural or very fluid through his movements. Just my opinion but if trent takes him I hope he takes the top off seatles secondary.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You actually think the Niners front office would make such a one sided deal in the Chiefs favor? Sorry, but I don't buy it. If they were going to move into the top 15, maybe. I think the Niners are going to take the same approach as last year. Make one trade up for their draft crush in the late teens or early 20's without giving up all their draft capital, then build their depth at WR, CB, S, ILB, OLB, and OL with some "medical redshirt" picks.

Baalke usually gets the better side of a trade up or trade back. I don't see him making a one sided trade not in his favor either. We could move up from our 1st for a 3rd rd pick to get to around #23 and probably move up from #56 in the 2nd round for a 4th and have a shot at Tuitt.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Love Desir but the selection is more realistic at either of the 2nd rounders. Same gripe with Thomas, you have him going way too late. Dislike the Tuitt pick but that is something personal with me, just never liked him (so he'll end up being a pro bowler somewhere). Love the Reynolds pick, he's my pick for CB behind Desir, real dark horse for us. No complaints about the last two, especially because Millard could be a real asset in 2015.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Exactly. If you go with a guy like Matthews, Robinson, Adams, Benjamin, they probably won't play much at all and are more of picks for the future to replace Boldin and/or Crabtree. Cooks comes in right away as the #3 who can work the slot and take the top off the defense.

I like Cooks a lot and mocked him to the Niners before the combine. He is the type of receiver that has given Seattle problems, can score from anywhere on the field, and could start if needed.

But imo Cooks vs some of the other receivers who are seen as possession types is not a slam dunk proposition. Last year with Crabtree and Patton out of action we could have used players like Keenan Allen or Terrence Williams, especially against the Saints and the Panthers.

As far as drafting Crabtree's replacement, it would be a sound move but not totally necessary as we might re-sign him or if we don't we could use the money we were willing to pay him on another receiver.

I'd be very happy if the draft turned out like this.
[ Edited by Needle on May 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM ]
This is a very good draft.
u just made us K.C. b*tch with that lop sided trade
If Balke is smart this weekend he will draft secondary first. It s our only glaring immediate need. After that he needs to be finding contingency plans potentially for Aldon, Crabs and Iupati. Adding a reliable QB backup for 4 years and a center prospect to push Kilgore is a wise route to take as well. Fortunately with 6 picks in the first 100, we should be able to accomplish most if not all of these goals.
[ Edited by Diaperfan on May 7, 2014 at 11:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Needle:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I like Cooks a lot and mocked him to the Niners before the combine. He is the type of receiver that has given Seattle problems, can score from anywhere on the field, and could start if needed.

But imo Cooks vs some of the other receivers who are seen as possession types is not a slam dunk proposition. Last year with Crabtree and Patton out of action we could have used players like Keenan Allen or Terrence Williams, especially against the Saints and the Panthers.

As far as drafting Crabtree's replacement, it would be a sound move but not totally necessary as we might re-sign him or if we don't we could use the money we were willing to pay him on another receiver.

I'd be very happy if the draft turned out like this.

Thanks. And I think that is why we picked up Lloyd. He's insurance for Boldin and Crabtree. And I think Lloyd has a solid chance of making the team. We need to add that explosive element now at receiver.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
This is a very good draft.
Thanks

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
u just made us K.C. b*tch with that lop sided trade

Ehh not really. It may be in Kansas citys favor, but it's not super lopsided. The two seconds are late seconds. I would prefer though giving up a second, third, and fourth instead of two seconds and a third, but I was just trying to propose an offer that likely wouldn't be rejected. And we got Tuitt in this mock, why you trippin!?
I dont think you worry about which WR fills in nicely for Crabtree. The focus SHOULD be which player can make an impact on the 2014 roster and can immediately help beat Seattle and get us back to the Superbowl. We can use later picks to draft replacements for current players.

but round 1 and 2 need to be impact players. WR, CB, S, LB for sure.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I dont think you worry about which WR fills in nicely for Crabtree. The focus SHOULD be which player can make an impact on the 2014 roster and can immediately help beat Seattle and get us back to the Superbowl. We can use later picks to draft replacements for current players.

but round 1 and 2 need to be impact players. WR, CB, S, LB for sure.

Yup and Cooks and Tuitt would be impact players immediately. Tuiit won't start, but will see plenty of snaps coming in for Mcdonald and Smith and would add more pass rush. Tuitt, Carradine, Aldon, Lemonier, Brooks would be ferocious