LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Pwillis52beasty's Final 2014 Mock Draft

Trade Alert- 49ers trade picks #56 (2nd), #61 (2nd) #94 (3rd), and #245 (7th) (1221 value points) to the Chiefs for picks #23 (1st) (975 value points) according to http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm. Chiefs want more picks so we send them two seconds, a third, and a seventh. We don't give up our first though, because we have plans on snagging someone else at that spot ;)

1.23 Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State 5'10 189 4.33 40 yard dash- Like Phoenix, I've had the same feeling that this guy is the target and I really hope he is. I think the reports on us being interested in Beckham and Evans were smokescreens, in our effort to get the guy we really want in Cooks. Exactly what we need in a receiver. This guy can stretch the field with his tremendous speed and work the slot with his quickness. Great hands and comparisons to Steve Smith. My draft crush, in addition to the next pick.

1.30 Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame 6'6 305 4.8 est 40 yard dash- Dude is a straight beast. Potential through the roof. Draft crush.

3.77 Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood 6'1 200 4.52 40 yard dash- Has the height 6'1, length 33" arms, and athleticism (timed in 4.4s before). Great ball skills and very good agility for his height. Transition from small school to NFL might take some time, but potential to be our #1.

3.100 Rashaad Reynolds CB Oregon State 5'10 189 4.51 40 yard dash- Flashes on the screen. Had 6 picks last year. Can be a good slot corner.

4.129 Howard Jones OLB Sheperd 6'3 235 4.6 40 yard dash- Highly athletic and highly productive with 34.5 career sacks in college. Played D2 and is raw so will take some work, but lots of talent there to work with. Could stand to put on some weight and could even try him out at ILB, if OLB doesn't work out so well. Depth at linebacker so he kind of fills two needs ILB and OLB.

5.170 Brandon Thomas OG Clemson 6'3 317 5.09 40 yard dash- Redshirt. Possible replacement for Iupati down the line?

7.242 Bryan Stork C Florida State 6'4 315 5.44 40 yard dash- Competition for Kilgore and depth for line.

7.243 Trey Millard FB Oklahoma 6'2 247- Redshirt. Delanie Walker type of role.

[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on May 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM ]
This draft has my seal of approval (not worth anything really). I would be a big fan of this draft.
Brandon Thomas in the 7th round??? I know he's injured, but I don't think that's realistic.

If he's there in the 4th round the Niners need to jump all over that.
Desir won't fall that far but this draft gives me a stiffy......
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Brandon Thomas in the 7th round??? I know he's injured, but I don't think that's realistic.

If he's there in the 4th round the Niners need to jump all over that.

You're right. Edited. He might be there in the 5th though.

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Desir won't fall that far but this draft gives me a stiffy......

He very well could be gone by then, but definitely could still be there too. It's such a crapshoot you don't know how the draft we'll play out. He currently is a late second to anywhere in the third round projection. I'd go Walt Aikens or Jaylen Watkins if he isn't there.
You actually think the Niners front office would make such a one sided deal in the Chiefs favor? Sorry, but I don't buy it. If they were going to move into the top 15, maybe. I think the Niners are going to take the same approach as last year. Make one trade up for their draft crush in the late teens or early 20's without giving up all their draft capital, then build their depth at WR, CB, S, ILB, OLB, and OL with some "medical redshirt" picks.
I have no idea what the pick values are, so I'm admittedly talking out of my @ss here, but if we're giving up that many points to the Chiefs for their 1st rd pick, I'd rather trade the 77th pick instead of the 61st.
I'm not even mad. But I don't think Desir will get out of the 2nd.
Not a fan of Cooks.
Love the Cooks, Desir, and Reynolds picks!! Not a fan of Tuitt, but everyone has there draft crush lol...I think your giving up too much to move up (I used Walter football's draft value chart) and for #23 we would be able give them #56, #77, #94 and #129.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not a fan of Cooks.

What is it about Cooks that you don't like?
The problem I have with taking Cooks (or even Beckham) in the 1st rd is neither guy is a valid replacement for Crabtree. With studs like Matthews, Adams & Latimer available, seems to me it's Baalke's highest WR priority to get one of 'em. I have no issues with adding speed to the receiving corps...but your draft ended up with just Cooks to beef up that group...and it's simply not enough. I'd have him taking one of the three bigger WR's above and grabbing Ellington...who's a baller and has the KR skills, too. BL: This is the draft Baalke must get a WR who can continue the Crabtree productivity. The speed element is great, but in the NFC West, you'd better have some big & fast WR's. He'll have to find another one either next year or in FA to replace Boldin.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The problem I have with taking Cooks (or even Beckham) in the 1st rd is neither guy is a valid replacement for Crabtree. With studs like Matthews, Adams & Latimer available, seems to me it's Baalke's highest WR priority to get one of 'em. I have no issues with adding speed to the receiving corps...but your draft ended up with just Cooks to beef up that group...and it's simply not enough. I'd have him taking one of the three bigger WR's above and grabbing Ellington...who's a baller and has the KR skills, too. BL: This is the draft Baalke must get a WR who can continue the Crabtree productivity. The speed element is great, but in the NFC West, you'd better have some big & fast WR's. He'll have to find another one either next year or in FA to replace Boldin.

What if Baalke doesn't need or want a replacement for Crabtree because Crabtree isn't going anywhere?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What if Baalke doesn't need or want a replacement for Crabtree because Crabtree isn't going anywhere?

Very good point. Not sure why everyone assumes Crabtree is gone. He could absolutely be re-signed.

As for Cooks, I like him but I do have concerns. I wonder how effective he'll be down the field in the NFL due to his size. I see him operating more out of the slot--Wes Welker with straight-line speed. This isn't really a major concern, but both Crab and Anquan are very effective working out of the slot, especially on third down. As much as I like Cooks, I prefer Beckham. And it wouldn't be terrible to sit at #30 and grab a bigger guy who can win jump balls down the field (Allen Robinson, Kelvin Benjamin, etc.).
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Very good point. Not sure why everyone assumes Crabtree is gone. He could absolutely be re-signed.

As for Cooks, I like him but I do have concerns. I wonder how effective he'll be down the field in the NFL due to his size. I see him operating more out of the slot--Wes Welker with straight-line speed. This isn't really a major concern, but both Crab and Anquan are very effective working out of the slot, especially on third down. As much as I like Cooks, I prefer Beckham. And it wouldn't be terrible to sit at #30 and grab a bigger guy who can win jump balls down the field (Allen Robinson, Kelvin Benjamin, etc.).

He can be franchised as well.

It will come down to, who will be cheapest to resign, Crabtree or A.Smith. Sign the cheapest, franchise the other.
Share 49ersWebzone