LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

iLL49er ideal Mock 1st 3 rds

Originally posted by iLL49er:
whomever wrote this is full of garbage if they are calling beckham and cooks burners

lee got deep more often w/ more success than both those 2 guys and lee went through 3 HC's and a QB change last year

I think maybe you're just looking for any excuse to bash on Cooks and Beckham. People who are paid to do this for a living see something that you aren't willing to admit. Lee is highly talented, tremendously athletic but doesn't have the same top-end speed as Cooks or even Beckham. .

Also, once again, compare the hands on these guys and Lee finishes behind both Beckham and Cooks. The latter two snatch the ball out of the air while Lee tends to body-catch far more often.

On 2013 tape, struggled more tracking ball over shoulder and had more focus drops than previous two seasons. Statistics agree with tape: According to Greg Peshek's WR Metrics, Lee had worst 'drop percentage' (12.3) of nine top WR prospects in class. Was much more reliable in 2011 and 2012, but after going back and studying tape from those seasons again; there were warning signs (too many double catches, inconsistent focus, frequently looking to get up field before securing ball). May never have elite ball skills, but does have the body control and natural hand-eye coordination to develop into a reliable target with hard work and more attention to detail.
non-sense. we'll see in due time that you're wrong
We need burners, period. Seattle is too good on D for a Harbaugh ground game first approach. In that championship game on the last drive when they came out firing with Kaep's arm we blasted down the field. Just bailed on a terrible play call from 2 far out. Had Seattle running off the field. Gore is done or nearly so.Will have to see what Lattimore has.
non-sense. we'll see in due time that you're wrong

It's on like Donkey Kong.

It's all good, you can take 10 people and they will each see a player differently, we'll just see how things work out down the road. For the record I do think that Lee has the potential to be a #1 WR in the NFL if the injury issues don't get in the way, I just don't see him as being more explosive than Beckham or Cooks.
Have to do something in this draft if we want to beat Seattle. I would love to pick up Wisconsin's bruising back to at least pose a threat back there. D's are not respecting Gore much any more at the line
Originally posted by socal1632:
Have to do something in this draft if we want to beat Seattle. I would love to pick up Wisconsin's bruising back to at least pose a threat back there. D's are not respecting Gore much any more at the line

The reality is that pretty much any team will struggle to run consistently against a loaded box. Until teams are worried about the 49ers passing game lighting them up, there will remain little running room.
Originally posted by socal1632:

Not really, all we have to do is not give them 3 turnovers in 5 mins.....

If we don't do that we'll kick their ass up and down the field again....
My picks:

Kyle Fuller--one of the best all-around CB's in this draft. Can play inside, outside, plus he has excellent ST skills (being from VA Tech)

Matthews/Adams/Latimer. No reason to screw around with anyone else early...these guys have proven they can consistently produce. Baalke needs to get one of 'em now...Crabtree's arguably gone after this season.

#2 2nd rd. Marcus Smith. Aldon's skating on thin ice...grab this guy now and you've got a stud.

Joyner. Really have nothing bad to say about him...versatile DB, can play CB or S.

3rd rd. Ellington. Tough slot WR with KR skills. Dude's a baller.

Desir. Colvin's not healthy and wringing wet wouldn't top 180 on a 6-1 frame. He's destined for the IRL...no thanks. Desir's long and large...huge upside.
Rd.1 Brandin cooks
Rd.2 Pierre Desir
Rd.2 deone bucannon
Rd.3 lamarcus Joyner
Rd.3 donte moncrief
Rd.3 Christian jones
I love Jarvis Landry but I think there is a team out there that will snatch him up right away

Bryant in the 2nd rd is a reach. Would rather see Jordan Mathews or Donte Moncreif or Cody Latimer.

We don't need a 5th RB. Lattimore and LMJ are still under contract next year. Gore will be back next year if we want him. We can always draft another RB next year if we need one.
Just did my 1st Rd Mock..lets see how many hits i get on the picks..

(no trades in it)

1. Texans: Jadevon Clowny
2. Rams: Greg Robinson
3. Jaguars: Johnny Manziel
4. Browns: Jake Matthews
5. Raiders: Sammy Watkins
6. Falcons: Khalil Mack
7. Bucaneers: Mike Evans
8. Vikings: Blake Bortles
9. Bills: Taylor Lewan
10. Lions: Zack Martin
11. Titans: Aaron Donald
12: Giants: Eric Ebron
13: Rams: Justin Gilbert
14. Bears: Ryan Shazier
15. Steelers: Odell Beckham
16. Cowboys: Darquez Dennard
17. Ravens: Allen Robinson
18. Jets: Marqise Lee
19. Dolphins: Kony Ealy
20. Cardlnals: Derrek Carr
21. Packers: Ha Ha Clinton Dix
22. Eagles: Stephon Tuitt
23. Chiefs: Jace Amaro
24: Bengals: Teddy Bridgewater
25. Chargers: Xavier Sua-Filo
26. Browns: Calvin Pryor
27. Saints: Carlos Hyde
28. Panthers: Kyle Fuller
29. Patriots: Dee Ford
30. 49ers: Kelvin Benjamin
31. Broncos: C.J. Mosley
32. Seahawks: Demarcus Lawrence
This is who i'd like to see the team take

1st Rd: Jason Verrett...he plays physical and has elite quickness/acceleration, CB is a big need and this draft is too deep at WR so lets get a top level CB 1st

2nd RD: Allen Robinson...he's 6'2 220lbs and has the quickness/change of direction of a 5'9 190lb player. He's gonna be a stud. He had the fastest 20yd shuttle, furthest broad jump and highest vertical of all the top 10 wr's and his production on tape proved it as he routinely showed amazing quickness/agility getting RAC.

2nd RD: Martavis Bryant...he has elite deep speed and we can use a vertical threat, going wr/wr in the 2nd rd to hopefully shore up the position for years to come

3rd RD: Lamarcus Joyner....I know he's small but he has amazing instincts and would be a great safety to develop to replace antoine bethea. he's also a top notch leader with extremely high intangibles. He plays A LOT faster than what his 40 time indicated as well.

3rd RD: Storm Johnson or Terrance West: I'm not particular as to which of these 2 but i'd like to get one of them to add to the RB rotation, we only have Lattimore under contract as of right now for next year and he's no sure thing so I'd like to see us get a guy who has played RB in a traditional set offense in college and dominated. These 2 fit the bill and show great vision/explosion/size

3rd RD ICompensatory): Aaron Colvin: why not? Put him on NFI and redshirt him completely the guy is a talent and w'd have the luxury here

I like!
  • Baalke won't trade up or even take a WR in round 1.
  • I like 2 CB and 2 WRs - all pretty solid picks
[ Edited by OldJoe on May 8, 2014 at 2:29 PM ]
5'9" T.Y. Hilton and 5'10" Reggie Wayne tore up Seattle's secondary on a way to a win. If big receivers could beat them then Denver would have made a game of it. Obviously quick fast receivers who can separate and expand the zone is what works against big physical DB's.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/7/4812050/colts-wr-t-y-hilton-schooled-seahawks-corners-richard-sherman-and

WITH TRADE:
1. First round – No. 11 WR Odell Beckham- LSU
2. Second round – No. 61 CB Lamarcus Joyner- Florida St.-- Best pound per pound defender in the country
3. Third round – No. 77 WR Martavis Bryant- Clemson-- 6'4" 4.3 40
4. Third round – No. 94 CB Pierre Desir- Lindenwood
5. Third round – No. 100 DE Taylor Hart- Oregon
6. Fourth round – No. 129 LB Shayne Skov- Stanford
7. Fifth round - No. 170 S Lonnie Ballentine- Memphis-- 6'3" 220lbs 4.4 40, If nothing else a super-gunner
8. Seventh round – No. 242 QB David Fales- SJS
9. Seventh round – No. 243 TE Colt Lyerla- Oregon -- Troubled Pro-Bowl talent worth taking a chance on
10. Seventh round – No. 245 OG Spencer Long- Nebraska

NO TRADE:
1. First round – No. 30 DE Kony Ealy or Dee Ford- Missouri/Auburn
2. Second round – No. 56 CB Lamarcus Joyner- Florida St.
3. Second round - No 61 WR Bruce Ellington- South Carolina
4. Third round – No. 77 WR Martavis Bryant- Clemson
5. Third round – No. 94 CB Pierre Desir- Lindenwood
6. Third round – No. 100 OLB Jordon Tripp- Montana
7. Fourth round – No. 129 ILB Shayne Skov- Stanford
8. Fifth round - No. 170 S Lonnie Ballentine- Memphis
9. Seventh round – No. 242 QB David Fales- SJS
10. Seventh round – No. 243 TE Colt Lyerla- Oregon
11. Seventh round – No. 245 OG Spencer Long- Nebraska
Share 49ersWebzone