There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

iLL49er ideal Mock 1st 3 rds

Originally posted by iLL49er:
no rookie on offense is going to help us this year the way you might wish they would, that's just not how this coaching staff works.

robinson and bryant can be developed for long term

This is just your assumption. If a rookie is talented enough and complements what the other receivers do, they will see the field quite a bit, particularly if the 49ers move up for them.

Not sure what you mean by "thats not how this coaching staff works" when theyve shown no reluctance to play rookies if they show they deserve it.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
what rookies on offense have received PT?

if you want a player of that caliber we need to move up for watkins which is a pipe dream


Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
no rookie on offense is going to help us this year the way you might wish they would, that's just not how this coaching staff works.

robinson and bryant can be developed for long term

This is just your assumption. If a rookie is talented enough and complements what the other receivers do, they will see the field quite a bit, particularly if the 49ers move up for them.

Not sure what you mean by "thats not how this coaching staff works" when theyve shown no reluctance to play rookies if they show they deserve it.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
what rookies on offense have received PT?

if you want a player of that caliber we need to move up for watkins which is a pipe dream


Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
no rookie on offense is going to help us this year the way you might wish they would, that's just not how this coaching staff works.

robinson and bryant can be developed for long term

This is just your assumption. If a rookie is talented enough and complements what the other receivers do, they will see the field quite a bit, particularly if the 49ers move up for them.

Not sure what you mean by "thats not how this coaching staff works" when theyve shown no reluctance to play rookies if they show they deserve it.



Reid contributed quite a bit as a rook......
Originally posted by iLL49er:
what rookies on offense have received PT?

if you want a player of that caliber we need to move up for watkins which is a pipe dream

Hunter, Miller, all got plenty of playing time, McDonald got plenty of snaps as the #2 TE. I'm guessing you're going back to AJ Jenkins but the reason he didn't play had more to do with him being physically and mentally weak than anything else. Patton moved up ahead of everyone else but Boldin on the depth chart before he injured his foot against St Louis and certainly would have contributed a lot more had he not been injured.

If the 49ers trade up for a WR, they will see the field quite a bit throughout the season. Considering where the 49ers are, a winning team trying to push through to win a Superbowl, they have a need for a more polished receiver for immediate help and not a project.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hunter, Miller, all got plenty of playing time, McDonald got plenty of snaps as the #2 TE. I'm guessing you're going back to AJ Jenkins but the reason he didn't play had more to do with him being physically and mentally weak than anything else. Patton moved up ahead of everyone else but Boldin on the depth chart before he injured his foot against St Louis and certainly would have contributed a lot more had he not been injured.

If the 49ers trade up for a WR, they will see the field quite a bit throughout the season. Considering where the 49ers are, a winning team trying to push through to win a Superbowl, they have a need for a more polished receiver for immediate help and not a project.

so i assume u want us to move up for watkins or evans? i don't see any other wr's who are going to come in day 1 and be a weapon other than watkins or evans
Originally posted by iLL49er:
so i assume u want us to move up for watkins or evans? i don't see any other wr's who are going to come in day 1 and be a weapon other than watkins or evans

Cooks or Beckham. They both can do things that no other receiver on the 49ers currently can do. Both are very explosive, excellent route runners, good hands, able to create separation and did well against quality competition.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
so i assume u want us to move up for watkins or evans? i don't see any other wr's who are going to come in day 1 and be a weapon other than watkins or evans

Cooks or Beckham. They both can do things that no other receiver on the 49ers currently can do. Both are very explosive, excellent route runners, good hands, able to create separation and did well against quality competition.

we can disagree, i don't really see anything cooks or beckham can do that allen robinson can't and he's bigger and just as quick (as proven on tape and also at the combine)

i'm fully aware i'm stating something that isn't the popular opinion but this guy has rare and i mean rare agility/change of direction for a guy who is 6'2 220lbs

playing wr isn't all about deep speed, so much of it is acceleration and change of direction.

in addition he has a ridiculous 42" vertical and proved he can go get jump balls on tape
Originally posted by iLL49er:
we can disagree, i don't really see anything cooks or beckham can do that allen robinson can't and he's bigger and just as quick (as proven on tape and also at the combine)

i'm fully aware i'm stating something that isn't the popular opinion but this guy has rare and i mean rare agility/change of direction for a guy who is 6'2 220lbs

playing wr isn't all about deep speed, so much of it is acceleration and change of direction.

in addition he has a ridiculous 42" vertical and proved he can go get jump balls on tape


Not sheriff serious. Two of those guys are explosive vertical threats, one is a possession receiver who was often run down from behind. 49ers have plenty of the latter, none of the former.



I think if the 49ers were able to add Cooks or Beckham and then draft Robinson afterwards, I'd be perfectly content. I don't dislike Robinson as a receiver, there's a lot of talent there, but as it is, he brings nothing to the 49ers that Crabtree, Boldin and Patton can't already do.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
we can disagree, i don't really see anything cooks or beckham can do that allen robinson can't and he's bigger and just as quick (as proven on tape and also at the combine)

i'm fully aware i'm stating something that isn't the popular opinion but this guy has rare and i mean rare agility/change of direction for a guy who is 6'2 220lbs

playing wr isn't all about deep speed, so much of it is acceleration and change of direction.

in addition he has a ridiculous 42" vertical and proved he can go get jump balls on tape


Not sheriff serious. Two of those guys are explosive vertical threats, one is a possession receiver who was often run down from behind. 49ers have plenty of the latter, none of the former.

He's looking at the guy through homer goggles man. You are, as is usually the case, correct on this.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He's looking at the guy through homer goggles man. You are, as is usually the case, correct on this.

I don't disagree with him that Robinson is a nice receiver prospect, he's very young with a lot of upside but if the 49ers draft him, not a guy who I would expect to make any real contributions other than in case of injury. It is clear as day to pretty much the entire football world that the 49ers need more speed at receiver. Yes, speed isn't everything but tell me that the Ravens would have been as difficult to defend had they had a guy like Robinson in there instead of Torrey Smith in 2012. You need a certain amount of balance in your receiving corps and the 49ers don't have it at this point. Robinson simply can't fulfill what Cooks or Beckham can deliver.


Its why one of the first things that Boldin talked about when coming to the 49ers was the need for speed at WR. A defense has to respect that speed, particularly if the guy in question has good hands to boot. The result of that is the defense has to cover a lot more ground and it opens things up for everyone else.


Robinson is a nice receiver but he's not a guy that gets defenses out of a heavy box nor causes safeties to stay back in fear that he'll take it to the house. Putting him out on the field with Crabtree and Boldin isn't going to prevent Earl Thomas from moving up and cheating on coverage to assist the cornerback.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM ]
honestly if you want speed cooks doens't have blazing speed on tape and neither does beckham

marquise lee does and of course watkins does but watkins is a pipe dream
Originally posted by iLL49er:
honestly if you want speed cooks doens't have blazing speed on tape and neither does beckham

marquise lee does and of course watkins does but watkins is a pipe dream

I think Cooks has terrific speed on tape. You can see it especially everytime he turns the corner on a sweep, good speed and very good acceleration. Beckham doesn't have elite speed but he does have elite quickness and enough speed that he will threaten defense's deep.

Both are incredibly dangerous once they have the ball in their hands. Both add a new dimension to the 49ers offense that opposing teams would ignore at their own peril.





And its not just their athleticism, but the mentality both these guys play with, the way they go after the ball aggressively, snatching it right out of the air, not caring if they are single or double covered. I have a preference for Cooks over Beckham but either one works for me.


In the end, regardless of who the 49ers pick, I definitely see them going for someone with a lot of speed and quickness, someone who has similar or better traits than AJ Jenkins, with a much better mindset and a more aggressive, tougher demeanor.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Cooks has terrific speed on tape. You can see it especially everytime he turns the corner on a sweep, good speed and very good acceleration. Beckham doesn't have elite speed but he does have elite quickness and enough speed that he will threaten defense's deep.

Both are incredibly dangerous once they have the ball in their hands. Both add a new dimension to the 49ers offense that opposing teams would ignore at their own peril.

i'd take marquise lee over both of those guys if you're looking for a pure game breaking speed/acceleration lee has both of them beat

of course none of these guys are robinson's size which is why i think robinson is a must get
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i'd take marquise lee over both of those guys if you're looking for a pure game breaking speed/acceleration lee has both of them beat

of course none of these guys are robinson's size which is why i think robinson is a must get




Big play ability-2-Long strider for size with deceptive top-end speed and good extra gear to track ball downfield. Plays faster than 40-time but not elite burner (like Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks). Does not have size/length of a Julio Jones or AJ Green to win one-on-one downfield battles, either. Ability to create after catch is good but not exceptional.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/33604



Both Cooks and Beckham also have better hands than Lee and less injury concerns.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:


Big play ability-2-Long strider for size with deceptive top-end speed and good extra gear to track ball downfield. Plays faster than 40-time but not elite burner (like Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks). Does not have size/length of a Julio Jones or AJ Green to win one-on-one downfield battles, either. Ability to create after catch is good but not exceptional.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/33604


Both Cooks and Beckham also have better hands than Lee and less injury concerns.

whomever wrote this is full of garbage if they are calling beckham and cooks burners

lee got deep more often w/ more success than both those 2 guys and lee went through 3 HC's and a QB change last year