There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

iLL49er ideal Mock 1st 3 rds

This is who i'd like to see the team take

1st Rd: Jason Verrett...he plays physical and has elite quickness/acceleration, CB is a big need and this draft is too deep at WR so lets get a top level CB 1st

2nd RD: Allen Robinson...he's 6'2 220lbs and has the quickness/change of direction of a 5'9 190lb player. He's gonna be a stud. He had the fastest 20yd shuttle, furthest broad jump and highest vertical of all the top 10 wr's and his production on tape proved it as he routinely showed amazing quickness/agility getting RAC.

2nd RD: Martavis Bryant...he has elite deep speed and we can use a vertical threat, going wr/wr in the 2nd rd to hopefully shore up the position for years to come

3rd RD: Lamarcus Joyner....I know he's small but he has amazing instincts and would be a great safety to develop to replace antoine bethea. he's also a top notch leader with extremely high intangibles. He plays A LOT faster than what his 40 time indicated as well.

3rd RD: Storm Johnson or Terrance West: I'm not particular as to which of these 2 but i'd like to get one of them to add to the RB rotation, we only have Lattimore under contract as of right now for next year and he's no sure thing so I'd like to see us get a guy who has played RB in a traditional set offense in college and dominated. These 2 fit the bill and show great vision/explosion/size

3rd RD ICompensatory): Aaron Colvin: why not? Put him on NFI and redshirt him completely the guy is a talent and w'd have the luxury here
Like the Verrett, Robinson, and Joyner. However, I don't know how well all those guys fit into what we really need. Drafting Verrett and Joyner would be repetitive. We need one bigger corner in my opinion. I like Joyner's versatility though because he can play safety as well. I also want someone even shiftier and faster to be our slot receiver. You don't have that guy in this draft.
i want joyner to be at safety, i think he's gonna be a heck of a safety in the NFL.

Allen Robinson is probably the most shifty guy in the draft..........have you seen him play? he gets RACs on RACs and he's 6'2 220lbs, he has amazing quickness
Good players BUT too many short guys.

We need some taller guys to contest jump balls in the end zone.
If we're playing this game...

1. Jason Verrett
2a. Cody Latimer
2b. Pierre Desir
3a. Bruce Ellington
3b. Traded
3c. Travis Swanson
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good players BUT too many short guys.

We need some taller guys to contest jump balls in the end zone.

Don't let them into the redzone and it makes things much easier ;)
IF ..we kept our first 6 picks , I would cross my fingers and hope we could land these players ..just my 2 cents

1. Jason Verrett (CB) ..Top speed, throw him on Harvin, Austin and other speedsters on our schedule
2. Jimmie Ward (S) ..playmaking safety would fit in nicely with our DB's
2. Davante Adams (WR) ...fast and good size receiver , could help our offense and provide depth if we lose Crabtree next year
3. Jeremiah Attaochu (OLB) ..big body OLB that could be effective against the run and provide pressure on the QB
3. Chris Borland (ILB) ..fast sideline to sideline ILB, could push Moody for a roster spot
3. Keith McGill (CB) ..bigger defensive back that could give us a physical press CB to duel with bigger receivers
Jason Webster was short and that mofo balled for us...
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Webster and Plummer were huge upgrades over Wasswa Serwanga , Mark McMillan, Ramos McDonald and Darnell Walker who were getting torched every week , that was frustrating watching that secondary get butchered
Originally posted by iLL49er:
This is who i'd like to see the team take

1st Rd: Jason Verrett...he plays physical and has elite quickness/acceleration, CB is a big need and this draft is too deep at WR so lets get a top level CB 1st

2nd RD: Allen Robinson...he's 6'2 220lbs and has the quickness/change of direction of a 5'9 190lb player. He's gonna be a stud. He had the fastest 20yd shuttle, furthest broad jump and highest vertical of all the top 10 wr's and his production on tape proved it as he routinely showed amazing quickness/agility getting RAC.

2nd RD: Martavis Bryant...he has elite deep speed and we can use a vertical threat, going wr/wr in the 2nd rd to hopefully shore up the position for years to come

3rd RD: Lamarcus Joyner....I know he's small but he has amazing instincts and would be a great safety to develop to replace antoine bethea. he's also a top notch leader with extremely high intangibles. He plays A LOT faster than what his 40 time indicated as well.

3rd RD: Storm Johnson or Terrance West: I'm not particular as to which of these 2 but i'd like to get one of them to add to the RB rotation, we only have Lattimore under contract as of right now for next year and he's no sure thing so I'd like to see us get a guy who has played RB in a traditional set offense in college and dominated. These 2 fit the bill and show great vision/explosion/size

3rd RD ICompensatory): Aaron Colvin: why not? Put him on NFI and redshirt him completely the guy is a talent and w'd have the luxury here
your a man after my own heart,a man with a vision for the future 2 wrs yessss.
i want joyner to be at safety, i think he's gonna be a heck of a safety in the NFL.

Allen Robinson is probably the most shifty guy in the draft..........have you seen him play? he gets RACs on RACs and he's 6'2 220lbs, he has amazing quickness

Umm, gonna have to go ahead and say no here.

Strong frame and uses it well at times to shield defenders from ball. Occasionally will make first defender miss after catch but not very elusive and doesn't show elite burst to win many footraces with NFL DBs.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/34759

Good YAC guy but I wouldn't say that he's especially fluid compared to guys like Watkins or Beckham. He has very good awareness and does a great job of reading his blocks to rack up yards after the catch but he's not breaking anyone's ankles. If the 49ers took him in the late 2nd I wouldn't be upset but it'd have to be in conjunction with a guy like Cooks or Beckham and not another project like Bryant.

I like Robinson but he's really redundant when you have Crabtree, Boldin and Patton. He can be a replacement for someone down the road but the 49ers need help this season, not 2 seasons from now.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]
i went to psu i've watched every game robinson played.....so i'm well aware of exactly how quick this guy is..he might not have burner deep speed but his short area quickness is ridiculous for someone 6'2 220lbs.

and this was all proven at the combine, he had the fastest 20yd shuttle, highest vertical longest broad jump proving what he showed on the field w/ how explosive he is in short area agility is not a farce

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Umm, gonna have to go ahead and say no here.
no rookie on offense is going to help us this year the way you might wish they would, that's just not how this coaching staff works.

robinson and bryant can be developed for long term

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Strong frame and uses it well at times to shield defenders from ball. Occasionally will make first defender miss after catch but not very elusive and doesn't show elite burst to win many footraces with NFL DBs.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/34759

Good YAC guy but I wouldn't say that he's especially fluid compared to guys like Watkins or Beckham. He has very good awareness and does a great job of reading his blocks to rack up yards after the catch but he's not breaking anyone's ankles. If the 49ers took him in the late 2nd I wouldn't be upset but it'd have to be in conjunction with a guy like Cooks or Beckham and not another project like Bryant.

I like Robinson but he's really redundant when you have Crabtree, Boldin and Patton. He can be a replacement for someone down the road but the 49ers need help this season, not 2 seasons from now.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Webster and Plummer were huge upgrades over Wasswa Serwanga , Mark McMillan, Ramos McDonald and Darnell Walker who were getting torched every week , that was frustrating watching that secondary get butchered

Wasn't as frustrating as watching Marquez Pope gettin dismantled back in the day....