There are 222 users in the forums

2014 NFL Draft Rumors

Originally posted by matt49er:
seems like everybody, media and fans included think we're trading up for a WR, which makes me think we trade up for a CB

Baalke won't risk moving up for a WR with AJ so close in rear view mirror. Another first round miss would be intolerable (especially if we dumped picks to trade up).

Getting a WR in round 2 (wouldn't be nearly as bad) would still get a solid WR, without risking losing pathetic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No, Washington gave up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder. Houston was initially asking for that and other teams were like "b***h please."

I should say it's a better deal for the team wanting to trade up.
It is really obvious that the Texans are desperate to move this pick. More than likely, it means that Clowney is not the top guy on their board. I have a sneaky feeling they have Mack as their number one, but hesitate to move back to the Falcons pick because he will be gone by then.

In the end, I do see the Falcons and Texans trading picks (maybe two first rounders a second and fourth rounder does the trick), the Falcons selecting Clowney and the Texans picking Bortles.
I want niners to make a bold move
Originally posted by Youngone:
I want niners to make a bold move

agreed, I wanna see something crazy from the Niners tonight
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

"@KevinHupf: @JayGlazer Please give me good news. Please tell me Tampa isn't going to take Manziel">>they won't at 7 no
Originally posted by OldJoe:
seems like everybody, media and fans included think we're trading up for a WR, which makes me think we trade up for a CB

Baalke won't risk moving up for a WR with AJ so close in rear view mirror. Another first round miss would be intolerable (especially if we dumped picks to trade up).

Getting a WR in round 2 (wouldn't be nearly as bad) would still get a solid WR, without risking losing pathetic.

AJ not working out would be a pretty lousy excuse not to trade up and get the WR they want. 2012 class sucked. Much better value and prospects in this class.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

The Houston Chronicle says Texans are asking for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd-rounder this year plus a 1st-rounder in 2015 in exchange for No. 1 pick.

I would make that trade in a heart beat for Clowney but I would have to think they would want more from the 49ers since their picks are late in the rounds.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is really obvious that the Texans are desperate to move this pick. More than likely, it means that Clowney is not the top guy on their board. I have a sneaky feeling they have Mack as their number one, but hesitate to move back to the Falcons pick because he will be gone by then.

In the end, I do see the Falcons and Texans trading picks (maybe two first rounders a second and fourth rounder does the trick), the Falcons selecting Clowney and the Texans picking Bortles.

What would be kind of funny to watch is if the Texans swap with ATL. Clowney goes 1, STL picks Robinson, Jax picks Watkins. Then Houston swaps with Cleveland to get Mack. Raiders would take either Evans or OL, then the Browns could take Manziel at 6.

So convoluted it would never happen but it would make for one of the most entertaining openings to the draft in a long time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

Spoiler alert: CBS' Jason La Canfora will be tweeting out picks again during draft http://bit.ly/SEgoqU&nbsp

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by OldJoe:

AJ not working out would be a pretty lousy excuse not to trade up and get the WR they want. 2012 class sucked. Much better value and prospects in this class.

Its super bowl or bust gotta take the risk to move up

Spoiler alert: CBS' Jason La Canfora will be tweeting out picks again during draft http://bit.ly/SEgoqU&nbsp

He did that last year
  • sfout
  • Veteran

If the NFL is putting the hammer down on their reporters from saying it before Goodell does why don't they threaten other networks analysts as well lol.
REPORT: Johnny Manziel is 'believed to be No. 1 on the Cowboys' board'

http://t.co/cdrDWXtLtB
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
REPORT: Johnny Manziel is 'believed to be No. 1 on the Cowboys' board'

http://t.co/cdrDWXtLtB

ESPN's Ed Werder tweeted Thursday that he isn't buying the report of Dallas having Johnny Manziel at No. 1 on its draft board.

In an instance of ESPN-on-ESPN crime, Werder is disputing the report of Todd McShay, who stated onSportsCenter early Thursday he was "told by two different people that (Johnny Football) is the No. 1 player on (the Cowboys') board." Werder conceded owner Jerry Jones "undeniably loves" Manziel.

I think it is plausible (though it could be a smokescreen or bad information that McShay received) that Johnny Football is number 1 on their board, however that doesn't mean they undoubtedly take him at 16. They could look to move off the pick or if forced to stay could draft for need over the clear cut BPA.
Share 49ersWebzone