LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

2014 NFL Draft Rumors

Originally posted by mayo49:
If we stay put a #30, I still think Latimer drops to us. I'd be happy with that.

A Latimer and Bruce Ellington combo works for me.
Is there any other team with more ammo than us to move up as far as they want???
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Is there any other team with more ammo than us to move up as far as they want???

in terms of draft picks, no probably not. but i mean if you really want a guy you sweeten the pot with roster player(s)
Crappier teams with a higher starting point.
Originally posted by crabman82:

in terms of draft picks, no probably not. but i mean if you really want a guy you sweeten the pot with roster player(s)

Like LMJ for example?

My thought is for the Niners to try this. Ray McDonald is one possibility. Dorsey could replace him as a starter.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on May 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM ]

Yeah, but draft day player for pick trades don't seem to happen much, so if we hold more value with our picks, which it seems like we do, I really think Baalke will trade for whoever he wants, I just hope we don't give up too much even though we can afford to.

I just hope we land two starters and a great return guy...
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
A Latimer and Bruce Ellington combo works for me.

Yeah, but draft day player for pick trades don't seem to happen much, so if we hold more value with our picks, which it seems like we do, I really think Baalke will trade for whoever he wants, I just hope we don't give up too much even though we can afford to.

they happen, you just got to be on the ball. they dont usually happen in round 1, but seattle in 2010 was able to fleece the jets for great return man leon washington all because the jets wanted to move up in the mid rounds

they happen, you just got to be on the ball. they dont usually happen in round 1, but seattle in 2010 was able to fleece the jets for great return man leon washington all because the jets wanted to move up in the mid rounds

Yeah I remember that. Man you never know. There's really not many players I would want to see traded off the current roster, we have great talent and pretty good depth.

Yes we need DBs and some o-line help, but outside of that we're in a good place.

LMJ and McDonald I could handle if we traded. LMJ I really don't care about at all, still haven't forgiven the fumble in the Super Bowl, but I love Ray Mac, dude has been a warrior for us and he's been through the bad times. Wouldn't like to see him go, but could live with it.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Draft Notes & More...7:12 p.m. ET - Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports the Browns won't be drafting Johnny Manziel at No.4...The NFL Network reports Clemson WR Sammy Watkins was told by the Lions that they are trying to move up in the draft to take him...Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports the Eagles are trying to move into the top 10 of the draft to take Clemson WR Sammy Watkins or Texas A&M WR Mike Evans..2:26 p.m. ET - Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Titans have a pretty good grade on Central Florida QB Blake Bortles...12:40 p.m. ET Dan Pompei of the Bleacher Report reports the Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal CB Brandon Flowers...8:48 a.m. ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Bills and the Lions are trying to move up into the top 5 of the draft for a bargain price...8:29 a.m ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Jets and 49ers are looking to move up in the first round of the draft to take a receiver...7:33 a.m. ET - The Raiders are reportedly willing to take less than trade chart value in an attempt to move down from pick No. 5 in the draft.

All from www.eastcoastsportsnews.com.

The Raiders thing at the tail end of this list is intriguing. If Watkins and Evans are still there at #5, what would Baalke be willing to do? The Niners have more ammunition than most teams. Gonna be interesting.

Time to f**k over the Raiders even worse than we did the Cowboys last year. Give them #30 and #77 and a seventh for #5 haha

30, 56, 77 and and a 7th pick this year and a 4th next year. Niners would still have a pick in the first 4 rounds. I would so that to get Watkins.
I heard a rumor that this is the deepest draft in history
I can't remember where I saw it but the 49ers draft overall was rated as the 5th or 6th most valuable. Picking late in every round pushes the 49ers down more than the 4 extra picks push them up.

Youngone ... hard to say if it's the deepest ever, but in the average 7 round draft most teams will have around 150 players on their board as being possible additions to their team both in the draft and as UDFAs ... this year several teams have said they have closer to 180 players. That's a full round more talent than usual.
Do the niners have a camera in their war room this year?
I think we might use some draft picks to trade up but I think we have such depth that some really good players we might not be able to keep should be offered in trade and could bolster a team in numerous spots. Guys like Dobbs, TJE, Dorsey, one of the numerous OL we have accuulated and guys like Celek etc. The niners have to be looking to upgrade their team and it is widely believed they are the best stocked team in the nfl. We should use our surplus to get an upgrade in an area of need.
Share 49ersWebzone