LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

2014 NFL Draft Rumors

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As the Cleveland Browns continue to search for a quarterback who would be worth the eight-figure salary that a franchise passer commands, they've spent a six-figure sum on trying to identify the best way to choose a quarterback.

According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN, the Browns commissioned a study of the quarterback position that cost $100,000 and entailed a great deal of research into which qualities go into success at the most important position in football. The study began under former team President Joe Banner and was only recently completed, after Banner left.

The study, which used advanced analytics to examine every quarterback who has played in the last two decades, concluded that the best quarterback in this year's draft is Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.

lmfao

poor brownies
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
As the Cleveland Browns continue to search for a quarterback who would be worth the eight-figure salary that a franchise passer commands, they've spent a six-figure sum on trying to identify the best way to choose a quarterback.

According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN, the Browns commissioned a study of the quarterback position that cost $100,000 and entailed a great deal of research into which qualities go into success at the most important position in football. The study began under former team President Joe Banner and was only recently completed, after Banner left.

The study, which used advanced analytics to examine every quarterback who has played in the last two decades, concluded that the best quarterback in this year's draft is Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.

I don't doubt that the Browns paid $100k to figure out who is the best QB for this year's draft. But are we really supposed to believe that the results of that study would be released before the draft? What kind of dumbass would pay that kind of money and then fail to keep it confidential? Oh wait, this is the Browns we're talking about lol. If they leaked the Harbaugh trade all over the press then I wouldn't put much past them.
I still think Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft too. He's going to make teams that take Bortles or Manziel over him very sad.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I still think Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft too. He's going to make teams that take Bortles or Manziel over him very sad.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Exactly what I said. Bridgewater is better than Manziel, Bortles, and Carr.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I'm convinced nobody kn0ws sh*t. Ian Rappaport just reported the Jets want OBJ. NFL execs enjoy making the media look stupid.

its not that they dont know s**t, its that teams use these guys as mouth pieces and intentionally throw out b******t to them to get some sort of distraction floated out there or what not. its impossible to put too much stock into any rumour you hear for the next day or two. at least half of it is pure b******t.

Right On... No one knows s**t... Everybody likes everybody what a coincidence...first the jags like watkins, then maziel.... O now they love Evans... I just cant wait to see what Baalke does, its always fun to see him make moves as long as the name Jenkins isnt involved lol
I think there is a strong possibility that Garoppolo is he best QB in this draft.

I also think that Carr is in the running. Had a guy named David not busted before him, he would likely be in the running for #1 QB taken. As Eli and Peyton have proven, brothers are not always made in the same mold. Derek right now is the best passer in the draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I don't doubt that the Browns paid $100k to figure out who is the best QB for this year's draft. But are we really supposed to believe that the results of that study would be released before the draft? What kind of dumbass would pay that kind of money and then fail to keep it confidential? Oh wait, this is the Browns we're talking about lol. If they leaked the Harbaugh trade all over the press then I wouldn't put much past them.

Well they did say it was commissioned by former CEO Joe Banner and GM Michael Lombardi. So in all likelihood they received the results and just the "Jim Harbaugh almost traded to Cleveland" talk, decided to throw more gas on the fire and piss of the Browns even more.
Originally posted by valrod33:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL Word's spreading among media here that Manziel is going to Jacksonville at 3.

I always wonder how the media would have a clue on that. Seriously doubt the TB GM or Head Coach is coming out saying that is who they want. If they do.. most likely BS anyway.
I got the TV on mute. Who the f**k is this prospect that shaved his eyebrows off?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think there is a strong possibility that Garoppolo is he best QB in this draft.

I also think that Carr is in the running. Had a guy named David not busted before him, he would likely be in the running for #1 QB taken. As Eli and Peyton have proven, brothers are not always made in the same mold. Derek right now is the best passer in the draft.

I think Arizona takes Carr at #20. Carr or Barr. One of those 2 should be their pick.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by valrod33:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL Word's spreading among media here that Manziel is going to Jacksonville at 3.

I always wonder how the media would have a clue on that. Seriously doubt the TB GM or Head Coach is coming out saying that is who they want. If they do.. most likely BS anyway.

Don't you mean JAX? Because of course Jacksonville wants to make the world believe they want Manziel so TB trades up and pushes Watkins AND Mack down to them. This way they even be able to convince Cleveland to give up a pick just to swap spots and get their hands on Watkins and still have JAX get Mack at 4.

That isn't even making it more difficult by including the Raiders.
Love that harbaughs still trolling before the draft

No i am disagreeing, Bridgewater WILL NOT have a better career then Bortles i cant say about Manziel but i know forsure Bortles is still a better prospect.

Teddy B = Vince Young
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

No i am disagreeing, Bridgewater WILL NOT have a better career then Bortles i cant say about Manziel but i know forsure Bortles is still a better prospect.

Teddy B = Vince Young

Share 49ersWebzone