There are 271 users in the forums

2014 NFL Draft Rumors

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Got damn who can actually get any work done today...??? Geez us, I'm just calling it a day and going home to get the TV turned on and the rum ready...

Can't work anyway, walking around with a boner....

LOL. i have gotten no work done today.

Do you think I should start a thread apologizing in advance for my drunken rants that are undoubtedly coming tonight???
As the Cleveland Browns continue to search for a quarterback who would be worth the eight-figure salary that a franchise passer commands, they've spent a six-figure sum on trying to identify the best way to choose a quarterback.

According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN, the Browns commissioned a study of the quarterback position that cost $100,000 and entailed a great deal of research into which qualities go into success at the most important position in football. The study began under former team President Joe Banner and was only recently completed, after Banner left.

The study, which used advanced analytics to examine every quarterback who has played in the last two decades, concluded that the best quarterback in this year's draft is Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As the Cleveland Browns continue to search for a quarterback who would be worth the eight-figure salary that a franchise passer commands, they've spent a six-figure sum on trying to identify the best way to choose a quarterback.

According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN, the Browns commissioned a study of the quarterback position that cost $100,000 and entailed a great deal of research into which qualities go into success at the most important position in football. The study began under former team President Joe Banner and was only recently completed, after Banner left.

The study, which used advanced analytics to examine every quarterback who has played in the last two decades, concluded that the best quarterback in this year's draft is Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.

Everyone talkin Manzeil to Rams.....not gonna happen
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

LOL. The thought that some study or algorithm could predict the best QB in the draft is ridiculous. Could it have predicted Tom Brady?
LOL. The thought that some study or algorithm could predict the best QB in the draft is ridiculous. Could it have predicted Tom Brady?

I think its a pretty cool idea, I even agree with the end result as Bridgewater is still my favorite QB regardless of the hype. And I have no clue on whether or not it could have predicted Brady but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is. In anycase, I'm a stats nerd so I love the analytic approach to this.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Sources say it all boils down to the Wonderlic test score.

I think its a pretty cool idea, I even agree with the end result as Bridgewater is still my favorite QB regardless of the hype. And I have no clue on whether or not it could have predicted Brady but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is. In anycase, I'm a stats nerd so I love the analytic approach to this.

I think its ridiculous. Its like trying to develop an algorithm that can predict with certainty the outcome of a sports game. Its just nonsense. Bridgewater may very well be the best QB in the draft, but its not because some study said so. Way to many outside factors to develop any accurate study. Nonsense.

I think its ridiculous. Its like trying to develop an algorithm that can predict with certainty the outcome of a sports game. Its just nonsense. Bridgewater may very well be the best QB in the draft, but its not because some study said so. Way to many outside factors to develop any accurate study. Nonsense.

I don't know, my wife did a study with an algorithm once to determine who she would climax more with.....Me or that little midget guy from Game of Thrones and Elf and it said he was the clear winner......

Stuff is spot on....
Originally posted by CWin4949:

I don't know, my wife did a study with an algorithm once to determine who she would climax more with.....Me or that little midget guy from Game of Thrones and Elf and it said he was the clear winner......

Stuff is spot on....

Well, if you consider the size of his arms then.....

Nevermind....

But.. according to MadDog he wont be successful most likely because his wonderlic is only 20
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Johnny Football is still a possibility for #Vikings at No. 8. Owners are flying in for a late, pre-draft meeting where the call will be made

I always saw it more of a fit with Peterson you dont need manziel to throw 40 times

peterson ain't gonna be happy though
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Everyone talkin Manzeil to Rams.....not gonna happen

I think everyone is pretty much off that talk now. Was just crazy rumors.
Supposedly Ryan Mallett is on the verge of going to the Texans. If so I have a strong feeling that New England might go after Garoppolo.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Supposedly Ryan Mallett is on the verge of going to the Texans. If so I have a strong feeling that New England might go after Garoppolo.

You can't have two good looking QB's on the same team.
Share 49ersWebzone