There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 NFL Draft Rumors

Couldn't find one. There's already been a lot but we should be getting a whole lot more today and tomorrow before Houston (or another team) is on the clock with the 1st pick. Let's post in here.

Glazer is saying that the Browns and Raiders will pass on Manziel. Never thought Oakland would take him but I really thought he'd go #4 to Cleveland. I still think Bridgewater ends up being the first QB taken at #3.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/05/nfl_draft_2014_rumors_browns_raiders_to_skip_on_johnny_manziel.html
Tampa Bay wants to move up to #2 to draft Manziel.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/nfl-draft-rumors-tampa-bay-buccaneers-targeting-johnny-manziel-2-pick/#!KgFrn
From Rotoworld today:

Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks thinks the Jets are "pushing for me."

"It's been big time," Cooks said of the Jets' interest. "We've been talking a lot on and off." If GM John Idzik ends up staying at No. 18, the speedy Cooks would make plenty of sense as an underneath complement to new top target Eric Decker. Cooks has also been recently linked to the Chiefs, who hold the 23rd overall pick.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
From Rotoworld today:

Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks thinks the Jets are "pushing for me."

"It's been big time," Cooks said of the Jets' interest. "We've been talking a lot on and off." If GM John Idzik ends up staying at No. 18, the speedy Cooks would make plenty of sense as an underneath complement to new top target Eric Decker. Cooks has also been recently linked to the Chiefs, who hold the 23rd overall pick.

Could be why we were rumored to possibly trade with Baltimore at 17.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
From Rotoworld today:

Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks thinks the Jets are "pushing for me."

"It's been big time," Cooks said of the Jets' interest. "We've been talking a lot on and off." If GM John Idzik ends up staying at No. 18, the speedy Cooks would make plenty of sense as an underneath complement to new top target Eric Decker. Cooks has also been recently linked to the Chiefs, who hold the 23rd overall pick.

Could be why we were rumored to possibly trade with Baltimore at 17.

Indeed. I think the reports on Beckham and Evans may have been smokescreens in our attempt to trade up and get Cooks. If the Jets do draft Cooks, I wouldn't mind taking Stephen Hill off their hands in exchange for a bag of chips.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/178284-2014-nfl-draft-smoke-show-rumors/
Draft Notes & More...7:12 p.m. ET - Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports the Browns won't be drafting Johnny Manziel at No.4...The NFL Network reports Clemson WR Sammy Watkins was told by the Lions that they are trying to move up in the draft to take him...Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports the Eagles are trying to move into the top 10 of the draft to take Clemson WR Sammy Watkins or Texas A&M WR Mike Evans..2:26 p.m. ET - Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Titans have a pretty good grade on Central Florida QB Blake Bortles...12:40 p.m. ET Dan Pompei of the Bleacher Report reports the Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal CB Brandon Flowers...8:48 a.m. ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Bills and the Lions are trying to move up into the top 5 of the draft for a bargain price...8:29 a.m ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Jets and 49ers are looking to move up in the first round of the draft to take a receiver...7:33 a.m. ET - The Raiders are reportedly willing to take less than trade chart value in an attempt to move down from pick No. 5 in the draft.

All from www.eastcoastsportsnews.com.

The Raiders thing at the tail end of this list is intriguing. If Watkins and Evans are still there at #5, what would Baalke be willing to do? The Niners have more ammunition than most teams. Gonna be interesting.
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL Word's spreading among media here that Manziel is going to Jacksonville at 3.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Draft Notes & More...7:12 p.m. ET - Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports the Browns won't be drafting Johnny Manziel at No.4...The NFL Network reports Clemson WR Sammy Watkins was told by the Lions that they are trying to move up in the draft to take him...Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports the Eagles are trying to move into the top 10 of the draft to take Clemson WR Sammy Watkins or Texas A&M WR Mike Evans..2:26 p.m. ET - Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Titans have a pretty good grade on Central Florida QB Blake Bortles...12:40 p.m. ET Dan Pompei of the Bleacher Report reports the Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal CB Brandon Flowers...8:48 a.m. ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Bills and the Lions are trying to move up into the top 5 of the draft for a bargain price...8:29 a.m ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Jets and 49ers are looking to move up in the first round of the draft to take a receiver...7:33 a.m. ET - The Raiders are reportedly willing to take less than trade chart value in an attempt to move down from pick No. 5 in the draft.

All from www.eastcoastsportsnews.com.

The Raiders thing at the tail end of this list is intriguing. If Watkins and Evans are still there at #5, what would Baalke be willing to do? The Niners have more ammunition than most teams. Gonna be interesting.

Time to f**k over the Raiders even worse than we did the Cowboys last year. Give them #30 and #77 and a seventh for #5 haha
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Draft Notes & More...7:12 p.m. ET - Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports the Browns won't be drafting Johnny Manziel at No.4...The NFL Network reports Clemson WR Sammy Watkins was told by the Lions that they are trying to move up in the draft to take him...Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports the Eagles are trying to move into the top 10 of the draft to take Clemson WR Sammy Watkins or Texas A&M WR Mike Evans..2:26 p.m. ET - Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Titans have a pretty good grade on Central Florida QB Blake Bortles...12:40 p.m. ET Dan Pompei of the Bleacher Report reports the Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal CB Brandon Flowers...8:48 a.m. ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Bills and the Lions are trying to move up into the top 5 of the draft for a bargain price...8:29 a.m ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Jets and 49ers are looking to move up in the first round of the draft to take a receiver...7:33 a.m. ET - The Raiders are reportedly willing to take less than trade chart value in an attempt to move down from pick No. 5 in the draft.

All from www.eastcoastsportsnews.com.

The Raiders thing at the tail end of this list is intriguing. If Watkins and Evans are still there at #5, what would Baalke be willing to do? The Niners have more ammunition than most teams. Gonna be interesting.

Time to f**k over the Raiders even worse than we did the Cowboys last year. Give them #30 and #77 and a seventh for #5 haha

Don't forget LMJ....maybe #30 and our 4th and LMJ......lol

Can you imagine we traded up to 5, then back down and still landed Evans....

Limitless possibilities....
I'm convinced nobody kn0ws sh*t. Ian Rappaport just reported the Jets want OBJ. NFL execs enjoy making the media look stupid.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I'm convinced nobody kn0ws sh*t. Ian Rappaport just reported the Jets want OBJ. NFL execs enjoy making the media look stupid.

its not that they dont know s**t, its that teams use these guys as mouth pieces and intentionally throw out b******t to them to get some sort of distraction floated out there or what not. its impossible to put too much stock into any rumour you hear for the next day or two. at least half of it is pure b******t.
The fact that teams like the Eagles and others are linked to players we want, and have much higher picks than us, means to me that we're probably not going to outbid them, and probably stay at 30 and take someone like Tuitt or even trade out of the first altogether
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,825
If we stay put a #30, I still think Latimer drops to us. I'd be happy with that.
Originally posted by valrod33:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL Word's spreading among media here that Manziel is going to Jacksonville at 3.
If true, this might drop Watkins to #5, Oakland.