LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

How bout a trade up for Ebron?

With the speculation that the Niners will move up to grab a pass catcher in Thursday, why not move up into the 11-16 range and grab Ebron? The comparisons to VD are legit and he might be able to help this team out right away next season. How much will a rookie WR contribute this season with Boldin, Crab, Llyod and Patton? Who knows what Vance will give us and VD is entering his 10th season. Think of how crucial the loss of Delanie was last season to Kap. I know it's an unlikely scenario but this kid looks like the next stud TE.
I would rather trade up and get a quality WR/CB and potentially draft ASJ- then trade up for Ebron

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case though, Ebron is crazy good and would compliment VD very nicely. We could run a 2 TE set like the pats used to
He's just a yoked up WR. VD is entering his 9th season.
[ Edited by btthepunk on May 6, 2014 at 11:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I would rather trade up and get a quality WR/CB and potentially draft ASJ- then trade up for Ebron

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case though, Ebron is crazy good and would compliment VD very nicely. We could run a 2 TE set like the pats used to

Just makes too much sence, with his ability on the field next to Vernon not to consider it. This team is trying to win now and Ebron can step on the field day one and cause trouble.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Drafted 05. Correction 06.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on May 7, 2014 at 12:03 AM ]
If the Niners draft a TE it needs to be ASJ.
Highly improbable since we drafted Vance pretty early last year. If we didn't or if we thought Vance was a bust, I'd be all for it, but it's too early to tell on him. Not sure but Vance looks like he might be good eventually. I like the way he runs over people.
Ummm No I'm not against taking tightend high in the draft. But it's not a need not even close. Vance looks like he might be a good player if he can catch the ball.

And I hate they compare him to V.D. Not even close. 4.38 40, 33 benchreps, 10.5 Broad Jump, and a 42 vert.... That's vd, ebron didn't even get close...

4.60 40, 24 bench reps, 10Broad, 32 vert. That's not even compareable to what V.D. even an older 40 year old V.D would post better numbers. Sorry but not buying this kid, that's not a knock on him he's going to be a good player, but he's not going to be Davis ever!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Ummm No I'm not against taking tightend high in the draft. But it's not a need not even close. Vance looks like he might be a good player if he can catch the ball.

And I hate they compare him to V.D. Not even close. 4.38 40, 33 benchreps, 10.5 Broad Jump, and a 42 vert.... That's vd, ebron didn't even get close...

4.60 40, 24 bench reps, 10Broad, 32 vert. That's not even compareable to what V.D. even an older 40 year old V.D would post better numbers. Sorry but not buying this kid, that's not a knock on him he's going to be a good player, but he's not going to be Davis ever!

This.

I think it is ridiculous that Ebron is called a Davis clone. He is nowhere near the same physical freak !

From an athletic standpoint Ebron is acually pretty similiar to McDonald.

Eric Ebron 6´4 250
40 Yrd Dash 4.56
10 Yrd Dash 1.61
Bench 24
Vertical 32
Broad 10´00"
20 Yrd Shuttle N/A Pro day 4.45
3-Cone Drill N/A Pro day 7.49

Vance McDonald 6´4 267
40 Yrd Dash 4.60
10 Yrd Dash 1.68
Bench 31
Vertical 33 1/2
Broad 09´11"
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.53
3-Cone Drill 7.08
[ Edited by DeUh on May 7, 2014 at 3:34 AM ]
Will be a stud and not a surprise if he goes top 10

DAMN nine freakin seasons already......??? Where the fk does the time go???

VD just as good now as he was coming in, even better IMO, dude has stayed healthy too. Hopefully he makes it another 6-7 seasons strong.

I don't think we appreciate how lucky we are to have him honestly.
Why waste a high pick on ANOTHER TE when we have two really good ones plus it's not a need? We need CB's and speedy WR's mixed with a little DL & OL help!
Baalke says he'll take BPA...Harbaugh says he sees the biggest jump in productivity from players going from their rookie season to year 2...VMac fits in that category, so I'd say it's doubtful Baalke would draft Ebron. If TB works a trade w/Ravens, Niners will be picking their 1st player at #17...arguably best CB or WR on the board. ...but, who knows what Harbaalke will consider BPA.
No chance we trade up for a TE. I like Ebron a lot and think he could be a difference maker on plenty of teams. In fact, one of my biggest concerns in this draft is a team like ATL, NE, GB, DEN, or SEA getting Ebron and having a true mismatch TE ala Gronk.

That being said, with VD being one of the highest paid players on the team and VM being a 2nd rounder from last year, I don't see us even considering a TE until the 3rd or 4th at the earliest. If someone like ASJ or maybe Jace Amaro slides a bit, I could see us taking them as BPA in the middle rounds, but there is pretty much zero chance we trade up in the first round to take Ebron.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

DAMN nine freakin seasons already......??? Where the fk does the time go???

VD just as good now as he was coming in, even better IMO, dude has stayed healthy too. Hopefully he makes it another 6-7 seasons strong.

I don't think we appreciate how lucky we are to have him honestly.

Seriously. I can't believe it either. Gore is going into his 10th season.
Share 49ersWebzone