There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The real problem with A.J. Jenkins (Draft Relevant)

This is a fantastic point, I 100% agree. This is why I would love to see Pierre Desir in the red and gold. Great work ethic and a ton of heart.
If you want a franchise WR you almost have to go get one in the top half of the first round. There are exceptions but they are few and far between. I think the top tier in this draft is 2 WR deep and the 2nd of those 2 doesn't look likely to make it past 9. It's for this reason that people suggest maybe going somewhere other than WR in the first this year.

Jenkins had no heart, that is not the issue with Cooks or OBJ ... they have other issues that make them not be in the top tier of WRs.
I agree with you BUT I have a hard time convincing myself of drafting a WR in the first round who is sub-195 lbs (or sub 5'10"). Yeah, yeah, I know we can find exceptions like Desean Jackson and whatnot but, philosophically, I have a hard time getting past that. Now, if we're talking 3rd round or later, I'm OK with it.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I agree with you BUT I have a hard time convincing myself of drafting a WR in the first round who is sub-195 lbs (or sub 5'10"). Yeah, yeah, I know we can find exceptions like Desean Jackson and whatnot but, philosophically, I have a hard time getting past that. Now, if we're talking 3rd round or later, I'm OK with it.

This.