LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Maiocco: Niners aren't very high on the CB's. Target is a WR on a trade up.

Originally posted by English:
Cool. Don't trade up.

Will trade, lol
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
So let me get this straight. The FO isn't enamored with any of the top prospects, yet, they let half of our secondary leave in FA. They then signed a couple of scrubs who either hardly played last season or are better know for getting burnt like toast then guarding opposing WRs. As of know they are going to start a guy with like 6 starts under his belt and another guy coming off of ACL surgery with all kinds of off the field issues.

I just don't get it. If they didn't like the CB prospects coming out of the draft this season they should have taken a significantly more aggressive approach in FA. I like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this strategy is puzzling and concerning to me. Our secondary is a huge question mark at this point and that isn't good when you're trying to win a SB.

Remember, a lot of these reports are smoke. All this talk about trading up for a WR and not liking the CB class makes me wonder.....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Report: Chiefs thought to be open to dealing CB Brandon Flowers http://t.co/L3Y8e8kY9u

I wonder what HarBaalke thinks, he'll have to restructure that contract, that's for sure....
I hope this report is true.

Drafting a couple CB's shouldn't be what this draft is about. We have two STARTING cornerbacks with Brock and Culliver, and we have been filling our depth through free agency over the last few years. Sure, we need some help, but it's not on life support. We need receivers, DL, and OL before we need more CB's and safeties.
welp our pass defense gonna suck ass with no cb's and no aldon smith
Originally posted by ads_2006:

If you don't count Brock, Culliver, Wright........sure.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or Brooks, Skuta, Lemonier, J. Smith, Carradine....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Watch the trade up be for Sammy Watkins, I'm gonna trip the f*** out!!!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or Brooks, Skuta, Lemonier, J. Smith, Carradine....

Oh... AND Aldon Smith. And Bowman, Willis, McDonald.
[ Edited by BrianGO on May 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I don't like trading up for Cooks or Beckham, I don't think they are worth it. Watkins on the other hand, he is worth a reasonable trade up. Two 1's, 2, 3, 4 should do it. If they want more than that, forget it.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

I don't like trading up for Cooks or Beckham, I don't think they are worth it. Watkins on the other hand, he is worth a reasonable trade up. Two 1's, 2, 3, 4 should do it. If they want more than that, forget it.

That would be too steep a price for Watkins. Don't want to give up next year's 1st, even though it'll be 32nd.
Originally posted by Youngone:

That would be too steep a price for Watkins. Don't want to give up next year's 1st, even though it'll be 32nd.

I wouldn't make the trade for any other player in this draft. So obviously, I am high on Watkins. I think he is something extremely special.
I wouldn't make the trade for any other player in this draft. So obviously, I am high on Watkins. I think he is something extremely special.

I think Cooks can be just as good a receiver in the NFL.....yeah, I SAID IT! Certainly the difference between them isn't a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders.,
Keep in mind this is the deepest draft in 50 years....
I wouldn't panic for a WR. Stay put at #30. We can do pretty well there. We won't use another WR much anyway. And our CB situation will surely derail our season.
Share 49ersWebzone