There are 239 users in the forums

Best/Worst fit for our lockerooom

Which player do you think is the best fit for our lockeroom and who is the worst? Based on from what you have seen in interviews, combine, the way a player conducts himself on the field. Who in this draft carries themselves like a 49er?

Best- Pierre Desir

After watching Draft Academy and seeing how he has a family and is married, yet he still works hard at his craft. He seems very humble and hard working, a less talk more action type of guy. Basically the anti-Sherman. Would love to seem him in the lockeroom.

Worst- Johnny Manziel

I know we would never draft him, but in a fantasy scenario where we had to draft a QB, I still couldn't see us taking him. Jim had nice things to say about him in the media, but if he pulled that stunt her pulled with Sumlin on the sideline, we would be shipping Jim off to Alcatraz.
I really haven't looked into the character thing much.

I guess for worst would be the guy w/the worst criminal record.
Best fit-Trey Millard-All about the team guy, he'll play anywhere you ask, will block, run, catch, play special teams, kind of a clown, a guy that helps his teammates stay loose and relaxed.

Worst fit-Seantrel Henderson-Lengthy background issues, was just revealed that he failed his drug test at the Combine.
Best Fit - Michael Sam -> He will have extra cameras and extra attention all year, in a positive way. Players in our locker room will be more visible because of it and that will add accountability. It will also give Culliver a chance to show his remorse of the homophobic comments he made and create some good will after a terrible offseason.

Worst Fit - Jadeveon Clowney -> Clowney is the antithesis of guys like Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, and Glenn Dorsey. He would be treated like a true rookie by this unit and the OLBs. Clowney's lack of work ethic and prima donna attitude would be attacked daily.
Originally posted by Karma:
Best Fit - Michael Sam -> He will have extra cameras and extra attention all year, in a positive way. Players in our locker room will be more visible because of it and that will add accountability. It will also give Culliver a chance to show his remorse of the homophobic comments he made and create some good will after a terrible offseason.

Worst Fit - Jadeveon Clowney -> Clowney is the antithesis of guys like Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, and Glenn Dorsey. He would be treated like a true rookie by this unit and the OLBs. Clowney's lack of work ethic and prima donna attitude would be attacked daily.

I think this is some incredibly convoluted logic. How would having all that extra media attention be a good thing for the locker room in anyway, shape or form, to have the entire roster living under a microscope basically?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM ]
Best Fit - Pierre Desir

Worst - Michael Sam. I'm not against Homosexuals. Just don't think it be a good fit
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think this is some incredibly convoluted logic. How would having all that extra media attention be a good thing for the locker room in anyway, shape or form, to have the entire roster living under a microscope basically?
The last two offseasons have been marred by a rise in stupidity from our guys. Anonymity tends to lower inhibitions. Just ask the internet. More cameras, more general attention, means more accountability. It might be a stretch, but it is my theory. Did you notice when the Bengals players stopped getting arrested every other day? It was about the time Hard Knocks started coming to the Nati on the regular. Coincidence? Probably. But I'm bored and I still have two days to kill before the draft!
Who the hell knows?

We've all see guys with no issues turn into PR nightmares - Aldon Smith

And we've seen guys with checkered past turn into awesome team players - Bowman & T Bro.

It's somewhat of a crapshoot. Just have to go off your best instincts and hope the guys who look like high character players don't get caught up in the lifestyle and guys who have some off the field issues have issues which are immaturity and can be removed with good team structure.
The last two offseasons have been marred by a rise in stupidity from our guys. Anonymity tends to lower inhibitions. Just ask the internet. More cameras, more general attention, means more accountability. It might be a stretch, but it is my theory. Did you notice when the Bengals players stopped getting arrested every other day? It was about the time Hard Knocks started coming to the Nati on the regular. Coincidence? Probably. But I'm bored and I still have two days to kill before the draft!

How many playoff games did they win? Having all the media around by itself is a major distraction for the team and the opposite of what I'd consider as good for the locker room.
Best Fit - Buddha -> He is jolly, doesn't care about earthly possessions, and would be fantastic against the run.

Worst Fit - Jesus -> The players would get drunk every time he touched the water-cooler, constant judgment would have players second guessing themselves, and he isn't physical enough to play press man or bump and run.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How many playoff games did they win? Having all the media around by itself is a major distraction for the team and the opposite of what I'd consider as good for the locker room.

1. They may not have won any playoff games yet, but they went from a dumpster fire of an organization to respectability. That's something.

2. Media pressure can be good and bad. The camera lights can burn a team with holes, or they can be the crucible by which greatness is forged. Ok, I'm totally full of it.
Best Fit - Buddha -> He is jolly, doesn't care about earthly possessions, and would be fantastic against the run.

Worst Fit - Jesus -> The players would get drunk every time he touched the water-cooler, constant judgment would have players second guessing themselves, and he isn't physical enough to play press man or bump and run.
LOL awesome

in seriousness -- The Best would be Pierre Desir or Jordan Mathews.

The Worst would be anyone who sucks or anyone who wants to party with Aldon or Kap

Fail.
Don't read into Maycock, he is an idiot.
Clowney has amazing work ethic, Clowney would be an amazing fit on our team

Best fit- Brandin Cooks

Worst Fit- Jon Baldwin 2.0 (Kelvin Benjamin)
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM ]
Draft Michael Sam and put his locker next to Culliver. Great fit!
Don't think Sam is going to be drafted. It will be the talk the last two rounds of the draft after Round 5 passes. Count on it. Being gay is not the issue. He is not good enough at LB and DE.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone