LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

JamesGatz83's 2014 49ers Mock

When healthy, Lee's a baller...but that's been his problem, too many injuries. The other thing is the 1st WR taken is most likely going to be Crabtree's replacement. Lee's not the kind of big WR Harbaugh likes...not that he doesn't appreciate smaller guys, but not as the #1 or even #2. Matthews, Adams, Latimer...any of them could replace Crabtree. Baalke can get a smaller slot guy with KR skills later...Ellington or Herron would work nicely.

Skov isn't healthy...and even if he was, I doubt he'd beat out Wilhoite. I'd opt for Bradford or Christian Jones.

Overall, really like your picks, though.
Yea this is a good draft....
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Love the Devin Street pick definitely does not get enough run in the webzone
Originally posted by genus49:
Both of you phaggots need to get back to the misc from time to time and contribute to the niners thread with draft talk.

I like your draft though Lee scares me and I think you have guys dropping who won't be there.

Ha, I started limiting my miscing because Dan916 was killing me with his Alex Smith routine.

And I think you're probably right. Tough to envision by Joyner and Desir dropping all the way down to 77 and 94, respectively. I put my faith in OTC until he's proven wrong, though.
Some people are calling Beckham AJ Jenkins #2, but of all the WR's this year, I think Lee is the most likely AJ Jenkins #2. That's enough to scare me.
Lawrence and Desir definitely won't be there when you have them, imo.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Lawrence and Desir definitely won't be there when you have them, imo.

Not where I have them. It's where OTC has them. Used his big board as my guideline on availability.

Very possible you're right, but this happens every year. Guys rise and fall all the time.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Desir will be gone at or by 77. Otherwise I like it.

Street is a dark horse for us because of the ever so slight connection with Bobby Engram leaving us after being an assistant to coach Pitt's WRs. He may be inclined to give us and of course the Ravens, where he will be the WR coach this season, a bit more of a full bodied evaluation of Street.
[ Edited by sfout on May 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM ]
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Sorry, not going to waste 30 mins making a list and arguing over which WRs are better than Lee, when it doesn't even matter.

We can revisit this in 3 years if you like....

Like I said, point is moot, we're not taking Lee and we won't stay at #30...

Right. Moot point. Glad we didn't discuss our options at #30.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Sorry, not going to waste 30 mins making a list and arguing over which WRs are better than Lee, when it doesn't even matter.

We can revisit this in 3 years if you like....

Like I said, point is moot, we're not taking Lee and we won't stay at #30...

Right. Moot point. Glad we didn't discuss our options at #30.

Well at least we took Lee at 30 like you said .....

Merely a mock draft. I know better than to make any definitive statements about the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You forgot to add an IMO at the end of that. You not seeing it happen is fine, but can't state something as fact that you don't actually know.

Bingo.

Merely a mock draft. I know better than to make any definitive statements about the draft.

Lol, yeah well your mock obviously sucked if your guy was there and we passed him up for a player we could have traded down for....
Lol, yeah well your mock obviously sucked if your guy was there and we passed him up for a player we could have traded down for....

Yes, my mock and 99.9% of all other mocks all sucked. You are omniscient with regard to the draft--aside from your refusal to discuss our options at #30 on the basis that we absolutely, 100%, definitely weren't staying there.
Yes, my mock and 99.9% of all other mocks all sucked. You are omniscient with regard to the draft--aside from your refusal to discuss our options at #30 on the basis that we absolutely, 100%, definitely weren't staying there.

Yes, that's what I said, "99% of all mocks sucked" ..... Congratulations on being just as wrong as I was.....now run along child.
Share 49ersWebzone