There are 209 users in the forums

Barrow's Mock

Matt Barrow's mock. What do you think? I'd be pretty happy with it. Don't think we are getting the best value in the first couple rounds at WR or CB but I like both players.

30th overall: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
2nd, 56th overall: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
2nd, 61st overall: Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville
3rd, 77th overall: Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU
3rd, 94th overall: Bruce Ellington, South Carolina
3rd, 100th overall: Aaron Colvin, CB,
4th , 129th overall:Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
5th, 170th overall: Antone Exum, S, Virginia Tech
7th, 242nd overall: Albert Wilson, WR, Georgia State T
7th, 243rd overall: Nic Jacobs, TE, McNeese State Jacobs
7th, 245th overall: Vinnie Sunsieri, S, Alabama

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/05/crystal-ball-seven-round-stab-at-49ers-draft.html#storylink=cpy
Only quibble would be the additional WR and S in the seventh. Would rather see Spencer Long OG if he was still available or another swing OT candidate for one. Trey Millard or Gator Hoskins, too as our SAK/FB/H-Back/TE would be the other pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like the Cody pick, the rest is fine, too.
I wouldn't complain, solid all-around. If we can get a future starter at CB and WR with a couple of depth guys at other spots it will be a successful draft in my eyes.
Overall, I like it. Couple of changes:

Take Watkins in Hill's spot.

Take Hill in Colvin's spot.

Think Baalke may be more apt to take either Fales or Thomas at QB. Harbaugh likes both guys.

After taking Ellington, don't see the need to draft Wilson.
Way too high for Colvin and Boyd, but the others I'm perfectly fine with, although I'd change one of the options if it were me at the helm, personally. Would prefer a different TE over Nic Jacobs.
This mock is freaking incredible
I really think we take Millard late. Baalke loves the value of injured players and we miss Delanie Walker bad. Would love to see Millard, Colvin and Long added to the roster. It basically stashes 3 picks and let's be honest, this entire draft won't make this roster. It makes sense to draft high value guys who have to sit a year and cost a roster spot. My .02.
I'm going to refrian from knocking on Desir as I haven't researched him much... And these small school guys tend to be a crap-shoot

That being said, this is a horrible mock.
LOVED IT, only thing I would change is ...

Drafting Latimer that high
Drafting Desir that high
Drafting a RB that high
Drafting Colvin that high
Wasting a 4th on a QB

The rest from 5 back is meh.....

But other than that, it's great!!!

Horrible. Hate every pick except Ellington
Awesome mock. Idk about hill though, I'd go for lache
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Matt Barrow's mock. What do you think? I'd be pretty happy with it. Don't think we are getting the best value in the first couple rounds at WR or CB but I like both players.

30th overall: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
2nd, 56th overall: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
2nd, 61st overall: Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville
3rd, 77th overall: Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU
3rd, 94th overall: Bruce Ellington, South Carolina
OK.
3rd, 100th overall: Aaron Colvin, CB
If he really was "just" a 2nd-round talent before the injury, then this spot would be WAY to high, imho. CB-loaded draft comes on the top of that.
4th , 129th overall:Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
I don't know why but I don't like Boyd at all. I am not a scout by any means but I don't see much potential in him. Pick Murray instead.
5th, 170th overall: Antone Exum, S, Virginia Tech
7th, 242nd overall: Albert Wilson, WR, Georgia State T
7th, 243rd overall: Nic Jacobs, TE, McNeese State Jacobs
7th, 245th overall: Vinnie Sunsieri, S, Alabama

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/05/crystal-ball-seven-round-stab-at-49ers-draft.html#storylink=cpy
OK.

Though, not even a single lineman, either side of the ball??? I don't know...
Too many damn safeties who will likely never play (e.g. - 'Trenton Robinson')...
Would be more than okay with it if this is how the draft went down. The best media derived mock draft I've seen. Colvin is definitely being taken a bit high, he was a 2nd-3rd rounder BEFORE he tore his ACL. Latimer, Desir, Smith, Hill, Ellington and Colvin would be a nice collection of players, even without all the other guys being drafted.

Latimer-Raw but very talented prospect. Makes sense since the 49ers don't need him to start right away, tremendous size and length for the position.

Desir-Raw but very talented prospect. Makes sense since the 49ers don't need him to start right away, tremendous size and length for the position.

Smith-Speedy pass rusher, all around talented player, experienced playing in coverage.

Hill-My 2nd favorite RB in this draft but don't know if the 49ers would actually take him, has character issues and kind of a checkered background. Has been arrested twice, currently on probation. With the 49ers other legal issues, I don't see Baalke rolling the dice on him.

Ellington-Raw but very talented prospect. Makes sense since the 49ers don't need him to start right away, tremendous athleticism for the position.

Colvin-Taken about 2-3 rounds earlier than he rightfully should be. Needs to go on IR to rehab for the season, needs to also put on some weight as well.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone