There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

General Draft Predictions

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Been in love with him since the senior bowl, but we never draft my crushes....Sorry...

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Good as Cooks, Beckham and other smaller WR's are, I'd hate to see Baalke do that. Why? TB's #1 WR priority should be to find Crabtree's replacement...I'm talkin' Matthews, Adams, Latimer. Baalke can get a smaller slot WR later that has KR skills...like Ellington, Herron...guys who weigh in @ 200 lbs.

I could see Baalke trading down...toward getting 3 2nd rd picks. That'd give him more leverage to trade up in that rd, considerably less expensive than in the 1st. BL: he needs to come away from rd 2 w/top CB, WR and possibly a pass rusher.

Once again, why do the 49ers need "Crabtree's replacement?" Can someone please show me the press release that was passed down that the 49ers and Baalke are 100% sure that Crabtree will not be returning?

If Baalke feels good about being able to bring Crabtree back, why would he want to add yet another possession receiver?

I don't like that people are assuming that Crabtree is simply gone and if they feel that way, Baalke must as well.

Assumption are not necessary.

We do know what Baalke thinks about the chances of keeping Crabtree.

We do not know if we will be able to keep Crabtree.

Drafting a replacement in case the team is not able to resign Crabtree makes sense.

Drafting a eventual replacement for Boldin would also make sense.

We do not know how long Boldin will play or play successfully.

I think you guys are wasting your time arguing over semantics. The word "replacement" is relative. Not worth it.

The 49ers urgently need WR help, now and for the immediate future. I've argued this on so many threads, but the future of both guys is unknown and dudes get hurt left and right at the position every year. If Boldin's knee acts up in July and he's out for a while, then it's Crabs, Patton, & Lloyd for 2014?!?

I guarantee the 49ers will draft a WR in Round 1. COME AT ME BRONUFFLES!
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
We trade up into the top 13

For whom?

Magic 8 ball says:
We trade up into the top 13

For whom?

Magic 8 ball says:

RE-CEEEEEEEEE-VEEEEEEEEEER !
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I think you guys are wasting your time arguing over semantics. The word "replacement" is relative. Not worth it.

The 49ers urgently need WR help, now and for the immediate future. I've argued this on so many threads, but the future of both guys is unknown and dudes get hurt left and right at the position every year. If Boldin's knee acts up in July and he's out for a while, then it's Crabs, Patton, & Lloyd for 2014?!?

I guarantee the 49ers will draft a WR in Round 1. COME AT ME BRONUFFLES!

Johnny Football is the first QB taken and he lasts no longer than Minnesota at #8

Bunch of WR's go in the first round, but no RB's.

Raiders try to trade down and get multiple picks but fail.

Niners tradeup into the teens to get ahead of the Steelers to take either Dennard at CB or Beckham at WR.
Bridgewater is the first QB taken and goes #3 to Jacksonville.
The zone will crash. Hhhhaaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrdddddd
Originally posted by bors:

That is a big fa sho

Every.freaking.year.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Every.freaking.year.

3 bans, 5 timeouts, 10+ warnings, and a s**t ton of butt hurt people when their crushes are available later than they predicted, and we still pass on them.

The draft is worse than a two game losing streak around here. And i dont say that lightly a two game losing streaks around here are often seriously portrayed as the coming of the Apocalypse.

Draft day threads are more amusing than any game day thread i have ever been in.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
The Dynamic Duo:
1+3B. Cooks WR
2a+2b+LMJ. Verrett CB

BAAAAAAAAAM!!!

I'm down with dat!!!

3. The Niners will trade DOWN. I see the #30 pick being used to get a first rounder next year and a mid rounder this year. LaMichael James may be part of that transaction

This will never happen. I guarantee it. Niners will trade up. There's no logic in accumulating more picks when we already have 11. Seven guys will barely make the roster, let alone 11!

#IToldYouSoThread

I completely understand the logic. We have a finite amount of roster spaces, which is why I have them getting a future pick as the main compensation. I can see them trying to get picks for next year since we will lose so many guys to make room for Kaepernick's deal.

We're not gonna lose that many guys for Kaep. It's really gonna come down to Iupati, Aldon, & Crabs... and the team will probably be able to keep two out of the three (Iupati probably walks, too much $$$ for a guard). And you probably lose either Justin Smith and Frank Gore to retirement. The only guy who might be seen as "overpaid" is Ray McDonald, but his base salary is only $5M in 2014.

This roster is full except for CB, WR, & S (assuming they look to find a long-term replacement for Antoine Bethea). Every other position is covered to a point where the team doesn't need to worry about who is going to start or play as a backup. They need to look to the future at OL & DL, but there isn't the room on the roster or the need to fix that right now. The urgent need is to shore up at WR & CB and then find depth/development elsewhere.

The roster is simply full. We've got suitable guys like Tank, Skuta, Lemonier, Ian Williams, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Michael Willhoite, Joe Looney, & Darius Fleming already on this team and ready to fight for roster spots. Adding more picks to your 11 makes no sense.

A couple rebuttals:

1. Just because they trade their first pick, according to my prediction, doesn't mean they won't trade back up in the second or third. I don't predict them using all 11 picks, I am just guessing they trade back in the first rather than forward. Just a little fun being a contrarian.

2. Next year we will have Kaep, Crabtree, Aldon, Iupati, Hunter, Dorsey, Wilhoite, Osgood, Gore, Culliver, Cox, Wright, and others as free agents. Of course the first 4 guys will command the biggest salary, but most of the other names are or could be big contributors. We will try to fill the CB and WR holes as well as others this year, but they will be more holes across the roster next year. Perhaps not many starters, but plenty of depth will need to be replenished. That's the nature of paying big money for a QB. Add the normal attrition of age, injury, and drop off and we will be looking to add even more talent next year.
[ Edited by Karma on May 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM ]
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
We have an abundance of mock drafts and big boards in the forum. I thought it would be fun to do a general prediction thread.

1. Johnny Manziel will be a Cleveland Brown, but not with their first pick. He will drop out of the top ten and they will trade back in to get him.

2. Stephon Tuitt will not get out of the first round. The Steelers or the Seahawks will grab him.

3. The Niners will trade DOWN. I see the #30 pick being used to get a first rounder next year and a mid rounder this year. LaMichael James may be part of that transaction.

4. Only two QBs will go in the first round, both by teams that trade for the pick.

This could end up being a great I-Told-You-So thread.

Cleveland already has 2 first round picks. So are you saying they make a trade to acquire yet another?

I predict they will trade up from their second first rounder.
My prediction is Baalke will do something none of us thought about!