There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

General Draft Predictions

We have an abundance of mock drafts and big boards in the forum. I thought it would be fun to do a general prediction thread.

1. Johnny Manziel will be a Cleveland Brown, but not with their first pick. He will drop out of the top ten and they will trade back in to get him.

2. Stephon Tuitt will not get out of the first round. The Steelers or the Seahawks will grab him.

3. The Niners will trade DOWN. I see the #30 pick being used to get a first rounder next year and a mid rounder this year. LaMichael James may be part of that transaction.

4. Only two QBs will go in the first round, both by teams that trade for the pick.

This could end up being a great I-Told-You-So thread.
I still see the 49ers trading up for Brandin Cooks. Just a feeling I've had for about a week now. Only three more days to be proven wrong.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I still see the 49ers trading up for Brandin Cooks. Just a feeling I've had for about a week now. Only three more days to be proven wrong.

I've been having that feeling too. After those reports on us being interested in trading up to get Evans or Beckham, I felt like those were smokescreens and the real guy we want is Cooks. He makes more sense. Has arguably the best combination of speed and quickness in this draft. Exactly what we need at the wide receiver position.
Prediction: WE DRAFTING EVERYBODY
At least 32 players will be drafted Thursday night.
The Dynamic Duo:
1+3B. Cooks WR
2a+2b+LMJ. Verrett CB
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I went back and watched highlights of Cooks over the weekend. The kid is a stud. I think both Cooks and Beckham are NFL ready so I'd be happy with either one. A third option would be M. Lee. He runs a great route but I don't think he's strong enough to get off the line and would need a few years to fully develop.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think we're going to find a trade up partner. Therefore, the pick at #30 will be Latimore.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't think we're going to find a trade up partner. Therefore, the pick at #30 will be Latimore.

It does seem that many of the potential trade up partners are also looking at WR and CB. Kind of ironic. Also, wouldn't it be odd to have Lattimore and Latimer on the same team?
We need 2 corners at least so i hope they don't move up in the 1st for a wide receiver.
[ Edited by Raul98 on May 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM ]
Davante Adams and Pierre Desir will be 49ers. BOOK IT!

Although now that i say it, its likely the kiss of death.
I predict that, given their plethora of picks, the 49ers will use Jimmy Johnson's technique of picking multiple players at each position of key need to increase the odds of hitting a 'winner' at each spot and creating additional competition.

So they will draft at least 2 WR and 2 CBs, and perhaps 2 LBs as well...
Good as Cooks, Beckham and other smaller WR's are, I'd hate to see Baalke do that. Why? TB's #1 WR priority should be to find Crabtree's replacement...I'm talkin' Matthews, Adams, Latimer. Baalke can get a smaller slot WR later that has KR skills...like Ellington, Herron...guys who weigh in @ 200 lbs.

I could see Baalke trading down...toward getting 3 2nd rd picks. That'd give him more leverage to trade up in that rd, considerably less expensive than in the 1st. BL: he needs to come away from rd 2 w/top CB, WR and possibly a pass rusher.
Originally posted by mayo49:

49ers can't draft him twice bro.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Good as Cooks, Beckham and other smaller WR's are, I'd hate to see Baalke do that. Why? TB's #1 WR priority should be to find Crabtree's replacement...I'm talkin' Matthews, Adams, Latimer. Baalke can get a smaller slot WR later that has KR skills...like Ellington, Herron...guys who weigh in @ 200 lbs.

I could see Baalke trading down...toward getting 3 2nd rd picks. That'd give him more leverage to trade up in that rd, considerably less expensive than in the 1st. BL: he needs to come away from rd 2 w/top CB, WR and possibly a pass rusher.

Once again, why do the 49ers need "Crabtree's replacement?" Can someone please show me the press release that was passed down that the 49ers and Baalke are 100% sure that Crabtree will not be returning?

If Baalke feels good about being able to bring Crabtree back, why would he want to add yet another possession receiver?

I don't like that people are assuming that Crabtree is simply gone and if they feel that way, Baalke must as well.