There are 198 users in the forums

Who is on your "DO NOT DRAFT" list?

any player on offense from USC
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Please,

Somebody watch this video, and after tell me why you don't like this guy.
I used to knock him too, but he would be PERFECT in our slot.

I like Robinson a lot. Big guy, moves very well on the field, good hands, great leaping ability. He's the complete package. I'd take him over Moncrief or Latimer.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Please,

I like Robinson a lot. Big guy, moves very well on the field, good hands, great leaping ability. He's the complete package. I'd take him over Moncrief or Latimer.

Guy is overlooked here, love to have this guy

Originally posted by jimrat:

Seriously, I've seen his name twice in this thread already.
Kelvin Benjamin is already on the roster in the form of Jon Baldwin.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
any player on offense from USC

Marcus Martin?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Kelvin Benjamin is already on the roster in the form of Jon Baldwin.

Baldwin is Kb light. I'd love KB in the 2nd or later. I think he is going to be something no other team has, while not #1 material.
AJ Jenkins or Jon Baldwin. Is it too late?
Originally posted by jimrat:
Please,

For a guy so big, he plays pretty weak. Not physical. Lazy blocker. Not fast, so he's not a deep threat. For a guy who's supposed to be a good route runner, he doesn't seem to ever gain separation. And worst of all, he's a body catcher.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
With four days left before a very important draft for the Niners, who is on your "DO NOT DRAFT" list? I have three:

Kelvin Benjamin - Bust potential is way too high
Bradley Roby - See below
Colt Lyerla - NO more felons or knuckleheads please

I agree if it's in the 1st round, but if we could snag Benjamin in mid to late 2nd-3rd I'd be all for it.

Here's my list:
Justin Gilbert (doesn't fit scheme and doesn't like to hit)

Louis Nix III (We have Williams, Dorsey, and Dial. If we get a project NT, get McCullers at a lower round)

Paul Richardson (doesn't like to get hit and doesn't block)

Bradley Roby (Lots of talent, will take too long to adapt...oh, and keeps getting in trouble)

Ra'Shede Hageman (Too raw and inconsistent, would MUCH rather have Tuitt)

McCullers is someone I would add to my list. Besides being big, there is nothing about his game that would sway me into wanting him on the Niners.

What really worries me is if we will reach into the first round to for a receiver that would be a waste of a premium pick. There are only 3 receivers worth a first round pick and they are: Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, and Brandin Cooks. If we took any other receiver in the first I'd be upset. I know a lot of people want us to grab Beckham in the first but there will be receivers that ARE better than him in the second round, namely Jordan Mathews, who is as close to Sammy Watkins in skill and measurements out of all other receivers.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
For a guy so big, he plays pretty weak. Not physical. Lazy blocker. Not fast, so he's not a deep threat. For a guy who's supposed to be a good route runner, he doesn't seem to ever gain separation. And worst of all, he's a body catcher.

Did you watch the video?
Also, 6'2 210lbs is not SO big.
He ran a 4.47 and his cone drills were awesome.

From what I've seen he gets separation after the catch, probably one of the best at doing so in this draft
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM ]

Did you watch the video?
Also, 6'2 210lbs is not SO big.
He ran a 4.47 and his cone drills were awesome.

From what I've seen he gets separation after the catch, probably one of the best at doing so in this draft
Its a highlight video. I've seen him play actual games. His 4.47 was at a pro-day. His Combine was a blistering 4.6. And he measured 6'2 5/8th (so 6'3ish) and 220 (7th highest weight at the Combine). So yeah, he's big and plays very small.
Its a highlight video. I've seen him play actual games. His 4.47 was at a pro-day. His Combine was a blistering 4.6. And he measured 6'2 5/8th (so 6'3ish) and 220 (7th highest weight at the Combine). So yeah, he's big and plays very small.

Last I checked 6'2 is not 6'3.
Wait, so he did run a 4.47? That's pretty fast if you ask me. Luckily that combine is now proven to just be a bad day for Robinson.
I cannot stand that people think he is a body catcher. That right there tells me you didn't watch as many of his games as I did.
Yes he grabs most with his body, but I've also seen him make some amazing grabs with his hands.
He has hands.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
A babysitter and a parole officer.... we might reconsider, however
Share 49ersWebzone