Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this possible

• Andra
  • Veteran
Is this possible and would you like it?

Trade back from 30 for mid 2nd and 4th round picks
Trade up with our 4th and 5th round picks into the 3rd
Trade the 4th round pick from trading back form the 30th and LMJ for 3rd round pick

That would give us 8 picks in rounds 2 and 3 . Probably would not be able to find trade partners but it would be awesome . Tell me why I am a crazy moron
8 roster spots are not available. That is your answer.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:

People keep saying things like this. The reality is that 8 roster spots very much could be available. We can stand to upgrade or add at the following positions QB, WR, OL, DL, OLB, ILB, CB, S. That right there is 8 spots in itself. Not to mention that we very well could draft two wide receivers. And we could draft a couple offensive and defensive linemen. Competition is key and what Harbaalke value!
And to the OP, that is exactly how I want us to play the draft. Stockpile 5-8 picks in rounds 2-4 and come away stacked with talented players that will address immediate and future needs.

This
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I really think the strength of this draft is in rounds 2 and 3 . If we some how got 8 picks in those 2 rounds I would be stoked
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY THIS YEAR!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

People keep saying things like this. The reality is that 8 roster spots very much could be available. We can stand to upgrade or add at the following positions QB, WR, OL, DL, OLB, ILB, CB, S. That right there is 8 spots in itself. Not to mention that we very well could draft two wide receivers. And we could draft a couple offensive and defensive linemen. Competition is key and what Harbaalke value!

CB, CB, S, OLB, DE,
OL, WR, WR, QB, RB
= 10 roster spots potentially available.

So 8 picks in rd 2 & 3 would be nice, but there are going to be very good players in the 4th and 5th rd this year, so we can find good players there

Not necessarily. Dial & Jerod-Eddie are not locks to make the team. Nor is Jon Baldwin, Jonathan Martin, Chris Cook. And I'm pretty sure Dobbs is as good as gone. So 8 roster spots being up for grabs is not unrealistic at all.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's all about competition. You always want to get better no matter how long someone's been on the team.
I would like to trade a little of the riches this year back to next year. I don't see a lot of point in just providing other teams with good players we have had to cut or that they can steal off our PS.
I actually like this idea. 8 choices between 45 and 100? We'd get Moncrief, McGill, Bucanon, Weston Richber Center.
Not sure the 30th pick of the 4th round and LMJ would get us back into the late 3rd but yeah all that is possible. I don't think it will happen though. I see us adding a few picks for next year where right now we only have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 (extra 7 for cam j. and 1 7 will probably go for martin). Might get 1-2 late round comp picks but it's been awhile since we have only had a pick in each round and havent had an extra 2nd or 3rd. Wouldn't hurt to get a few more picks for next year. Either strategy I'm fine with.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Not necessarily. Dial & Jerod-Eddie are not locks to make the team. Nor is Jon Baldwin, Jonathan Martin, Chris Cook. And I'm pretty sure Dobbs is as good as gone. So 8 roster spots being up for grabs is not unrealistic at all.

Keep in mind that Baldwin, Martin and Cook were all recent first and second rounders. It's a little foolish to assume that second and third rounders will easily replace them.

Also, Dobbs and JerodEddie are very solid. I doubt a mid round pick will easily replace them.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I actually like this idea. 8 choices between 45 and 100? We'd get Moncrief, McGill, Bucanon, Weston Richber Center.

I like this idea as well. I'd keep the first round pick however and see how it plays out and who falls. If the major players (Verrett, Beckham, Tuitt, Hagman, Cooks, etc) are gone, then trade back and pick up the extra second and third. We could conceivably come out away with Moncrief, Joyner, Buchanon, Herron or Ellington, Barrow, Archer, and get some future 2015 picks. If we do indeed move James, then we can either package him with a lower pick to move into the third (maybe James + our 4th + one of the sevenths) or trade him straight up for a 2015 pick.