LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Phoenix49ersWTF? It's May 3rd and the Draft STILL hasn't happened yet? Mock

• Andra
  • Veteran
We will see what happens either way I just want the niners to win and more specifically beat Seattle in Seattle
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think they make a move for Baltimore's pick at #17. If Beckham is still on the board, I think they take him if not they take Cooks.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think they make a move for Baltimore's pick at #17. If Beckham is still on the board, I think they take him if not they take Cooks.

I think the opposite, I think Beckham is a total smokescreen along with Evans and that they will move up specifically for Cooks.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think the opposite, I think Beckham is a total smokescreen along with Evans and that they will move up specifically for Cooks.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Beckham is a smokescreen. Taking Cooks at #17 is probably a little high, but he will be gone rather quickly there after.
Always forget that Cooks is a local kid and grew up dreaming that one day he would put on the scarlet and gold like his heroes wore growing up. Better believe dude will leave his heart on that field every sunday.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Beckham is a smokescreen. Taking Cooks at #17 is probably a little high, but he will be gone rather quickly there after.

Considering that the Jets have been slobbering all over him for months now, I don't really see it as a reach, they'd have to leapfrog New York if they really did want him. I'm sure pretty much anyone interested in Cooks, including Philly, has had conversations with Baltimore about their pick by now.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Always forget that Cooks is a local kid and grew up dreaming that one day he would put on the scarlet and gold like his heroes wore growing up. Better believe dude will leave his heart on that field every sunday.

Another reason why I'd be down with him or Verrett. Would love to see more local guys come and do well with the 49ers.
I'm normally with you Phoenix but I pray this draft doesn't happen. I'm not against drafting Cooks but to give away 3 picks to move up to get him...I'll pass. I do like the Breeland pick and some other areas you covered but I'm hoping this draft doesn't happen like you've just mocked.
  • Andra
  • Veteran

I didn't know Cooks was local where is he from
Stockton

at the combine said something along the lines of
"I would love to take the top off defenses for my childhood team(49ers)" - Brandin Cooks
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 4, 2014 at 4:54 PM ]

Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by Nicks240:
Pierre Desir will still be there in the second. He may be the most talented corner in the draft. I don't see any CBs worth taking in the 1st. It would be a reach.

Verrett is the guy I was thinking of but I will have to take a closer look at Desir. But I really don't want to take a WR in the 1st round that has little to no chance of seeing the field. I know we need Crabtree's replacement but I would like to see Mathews in the 2nd. As for needing a speedy receiver to stretch the field I like Ellington in the 3rd better than Cooks in the 1st. I would also say the problem with the passing game is not WR but it's pass protection and Kap not finding the open receiver

I hope the resign Crabs! I just think he will want more than the 49ers want to give him, he will want to test FA. It would be nice to have a couple WRs waiting in the wings just in case. I would love Cook or Beckham in the 1st and maybe Adams/Landry in the 3rd, but like I said I feel your draft is the most realistic and what is most likely to happen, plus you have us grabbing a future 3rd
Thanks not my draft though it's phoenix's

Shoot posted in wrong spot lol
Stockton

at the combine said something along the lines of
"I would love to take the top off defenses for my childhood team(49ers)" - Brandin Cooks

Forgot Cooks was a Bay Area guy (). For the longest I've been advocating CB first round but I'm really starting to warm up to trading up for OBJ or Cooks. The vertical threat WR is the missing piece of our offense IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Phoenix you seriously stole my mock. Must've hacked my email......Stupid heartbleed exploit.....Now I'm not sure if I'll post it .... I almost have the same picks in terms of either players and/or positions with the exception of the 70th pick.

I don't think Breeland is a serious target, at least not in the 2nd round, maybe he if makes it the 70th pick though..... like many of the pundits have mentioned I believe Baalke was discussing Sammy Watkins & Bryant (RG3 publicly said the FO spoke to him at the combine about Kendall Wright) and doing one of the "homework" interviews with Breeland that if he falls to a spot that is more amenable to the FO's plans they will pounce on him. Similar to Patton falling to the 4th as the FO said they were shocked he was still on the board so they knew they had to grab him.

In a similar way that Harbaugh had dinner with Logan Thomas and a favorite prediction to the 9ers -- Kyle Fuller....I think Harbaugh was there for both of them but primarily for Thomas, I think he is a serious target with our 3rd round comp pick. Buzz is building that Thomas has worked his way back into the early 4th, even 3rd round. How he has, I'm not sure but that is what I think is a viable scenario.
[ Edited by sfout on May 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM ]

idk wtf you are talking about haha these guys in this years draft are my age and very few if any are lucky to remeber ever seeing a play of steven young or rice.. saw the end of T.O here. in all honesty, the players being drafted around this time only know of the niners sucking hard for 10 straight years. the niners were a freakin joke from when i was like 8 years old untill after highschool. literally never had a winning season in that time span. these last three years are the only good memories most people my age have of the niners. we just hear folk tales of how good they used to be.. before we were born or as we were being born.

this isnt a personal attack.. just you said "his heroes".. im just not sure who you could possibly be referring too cause just about every player on the niners teams from the span of people my age "like cooks".. we just saw crap.. unless he idolizes frank gore.. or maybe p willis. every qb and wr we had during our childhood literally should of never even been in the nfl.
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM ]
op is a phaggot.

I like that you keep your mocks realistic. Personal preference if we trade up I don't want to see Cooks' name called.

btw why you avoiding the misc thread?
Share 49ersWebzone