LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Phoenix49ersWTF? It's May 3rd and the Draft STILL hasn't happened yet? Mock

Originally posted by bigwads:
I freaking hate this draft. Seriously, one of the worst ones out there. Cooks is a good pick, but like 8 spots too high for him...the rest are literally horrible.

What exactly is horrible? Could you elaborate? Horrible because they aren't "sexy names?" My objective wasn't to put together something to make fans happy but rather something that is more realistic and my best effort at putting together something that the 49ers could actually end up doing.

If the idea of guys like Breeland getting drafted by the 49ers pisses you off, you probably should just skip the draft altogether.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This Is one of the more realistic mocks...I'd rather have Beckham then Cooks, but wouldn't be that upset. Breeland will be a Niner, rather not go OL in third with Martin on the team. Maybe grab Brandon Thomas later in the draft and red shirt him, then grab another WR? I really want us to leave this draft with 2 WRs that will make final roster.

I don't even really see the room for 2 receivers honestly. I don't see two rookies getting playing time with Boldin, Crabtree and Patton already on the roster. Then you still have Lloyd, Baldwin, Osgood and Chuck Jacobs to compete with.

Trying to look at it realistically, based on what the 49ers are most likely to do, and not what the fans want them to do, I see them taking one receiver early and taking a flyer on a guy late in the draft. Don't see the room on the roster or the need for two early draft picks at WR.
Why do people think we are going to take a short reveiver? We have like 4 of those already. We need a big red zone threat. Kelvin Benjamin is the only reveiver I would take in the 1st round. KB in the first and Pierre Disir in the second. Give all the other picks away for all I care.
Originally posted by Nicks240:
Why do people think we are going to take a short reveiver? We have like 4 of those already. We need a big red zone threat. Kelvin Benjamin is the only reveiver I would take in the 1st round. KB in the first and Pierre Disir in the second. Give all the other picks away for all I care.
Who are the 4? Baldwin, Boldin, Patton, Crabtree are all average to big WRs.
Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald can be these big red-zone targets, if needed. We need speed at WR in the very first place.

Because the 49ers have been linked to a lot of "short" receivers. And what "short" receivers do the 49ers have currently? Patton is 6'0", Crabtree is 6'1", Boldin is 6'1", I wouldn't call any one of them "short."

Seattle just won the Superbowl with 2 5'11" receivers and 1 5'10" receiver. Maybe if someone had let Denver know ahead of time that Percy Harvin was only 5'11" and thus couldn't hurt them, they would have played better. Before that Baltimore won the Superbowl with the same 6'1" Boldin and 6'0" Torrey Smith. Before that, the Giants won the Superbowl with 6'1" Hakeem Nicks, 6'0" Victor Cruz and 6'0" Mario Manningham.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]
6' is big? Oh yeah, they all had so many jump balls in the end zone last year. We need at least a 6'4" Receiver. Our redzone offense is freaking horrible. Calvin Johnson is a big receiver and KB has almost the same measurables. The kid is going to be a stud.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Who are the 4? Baldwin, Boldin, Patton, Crabtree are all average to big WRs.
6' is big? Oh yeah, they all had so many jump balls in the end zone last year. We need at least a 6'4" Receiver. Our redzone offense is freaking horrible. Calvin Johnson is a big receiver and KB has almost the same measurables. The kid is going to be a stud.

He's a big receiver and did jack crap against Seattle's defense.
We need big receviers to match up with Seattles big DB's. Im sick of the Niners taking all these minerture wideouts. I heard a rumor that they were interested in drafting Beckham. Shoot me in the freaking head if they move up and waste our picks on him.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I like your draft very realistic. The only thing I don't agree with is 1st round WR I would rather CB

Trade the whole freaking draft for KB. He is the only one I want. get him, and we win 12 Super Bowls in a row.
We need big receviers to match up with Seattles big DB's. Im sick of the Niners taking all these minerture wideouts. I heard a rumor that they were interested in drafting Beckham. Shoot me in the freaking head if they move up and waste our picks on him.

Here's a hint, the receivers that gave them trouble last year looked more like Brandin Cooks than Calvin Johnson. You don't beat big CB's with big wide receivers, that just plays into their favor by giving them a bigger target to grab on to and hold.

You need speed and quickness, guys with outstanding agility who can go where they can't, flat out beat them off the line and get past them quickly.

Trade the whole freaking draft for KB. He is the only one I want. get him, and we win 12 Super Bowls in a row.

Now I know you're trolling.
Benjamin is the ONLY WR

Benjamin is the ONLY WR you'd take? If Watkins and Evans were on the board for the 49ers pick you'd take Benjamin?

I think the 49ers should get a WR early and get one late but I think both should fit what they do, and I'm not convinced Cooks or Beckham will significantly change the 49ers fortunes.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This Is one of the more realistic mocks...I'd rather have Beckham then Cooks, but wouldn't be that upset. Breeland will be a Niner, rather not go OL in third with Martin on the team. Maybe grab Brandon Thomas later in the draft and red shirt him, then grab another WR? I really want us to leave this draft with 2 WRs that will make final roster.

I don't even really see the room for 2 receivers honestly. I don't see two rookies getting playing time with Boldin, Crabtree and Patton already on the roster. Then you still have Lloyd, Baldwin, Osgood and Chuck Jacobs to compete with.

Trying to look at it realistically, based on what the 49ers are most likely to do, and not what the fans want them to do, I see them taking one receiver early and taking a flyer on a guy late in the draft. Don't see the room on the roster or the need for two early draft picks at WR.

I understand your logic, but this draft has so much talent at the WR position that we should grab for the future as well ...Lloyd isn't guaranteed a spot and boldin while had a great year isn't playing much longer( rather have a rookie over Baldwin). If crabs leaves for FA would you feel confident as cooks and boldin as your starters? A lot of these WRs projected in 2-3 rds would be going higher in any other yr I think..
Share 49ersWebzone