LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Glory's Final Wish List for Draft Day 2014

I'll just make this sweet and simple. Do everything we can to land these 6 playmakers in the draft. If this means giving up our additional 5 picks so be it. With this draft we'll have a receiving core to replace Crabs and Boldin, a couple of corners that will complement and compete with Brock and Culliver and backup safety ready to take over for Bethea. We also gain a pass rusher that can spell Brooks and eventually replace him.

Cody Latimer (very strong to combat the fissikality of the 'Hawks DB's with the jam; could be our #1)
Jason Verrett (need someone to counter Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin; I have no doubt he could hold his own against the bigger receivers too)
Deone Buchannon (all around stupendous athlete who will be waiting in the wings after Bethea leaves)
DeMarcus Lawrence (Brooks is getting there in age and could drop off soon; Lawrence would spell him perfectly)
Phillip Gaines (just needs to get stronger; could easily supplant Culliver as a starter)
Bruce Ellington (small but explosive "steve smith -esque" type receiver, while Latimer out muscles Seattle's Db's on the line, Ellington will juke them silly)
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I'll just make this sweet and simple. Do everything we can to land these 6 playmakers in the draft. If this means giving up our additional 5 picks so be it. With this draft we'll have a receiving core to replace Crabs and Boldin, a couple of corners that will complement and compete with Brock and Culliver and backup safety ready to take over for Bethea. We also gain a pass rusher that can spell Brooks and eventually replace him.

Cody Latimer (very strong to combat the fissikality of the 'Hawks DB's with the jam; could be our #1)
Jason Verrett (need someone to counter Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin; I have no doubt he could hold his own against the bigger receivers too)
Deone Buchannon (all around stupendous athlete who will be waiting in the wings after Bethea leaves)
DeMarcus Lawrence (Brooks is getting there in age and could drop off soon; Lawrence would spell him perfectly)
Phillip Gaines (just needs to get stronger; could easily supplant Culliver as a starter)
Bruce Ellington (small but explosive "steve smith -esque" type receiver, while Latimer out muscles Seattle's Db's on the line, Ellington will juke them silly)

I like it!
If can get all these guys it will be a good draft! verrett in the 1st...latimer and lawerence in the 2nd...and gaines, ellington, and bucannon in the 3rd

I am kind of more in favor of marcus smith over lawerence though but either is good
I'd love the above scenario, but can see many different things working out, depending on who falls. If people can do mocks where they suggest we trade up to Raiders fifth pick, there is a scenario where we can get anyone in this draft. (I don't think that will happen though, admittedly.)
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
If can get all these guys it will be a good draft! verrett in the 1st...latimer and lawerence in the 2nd...and gaines, ellington, and bucannon in the 3rd

I am kind of more in favor of marcus smith over lawerence though but either is good

Would be nice. Problem is Gaines is creeping into the 2nd round and Bucannon could go late 2nd round to early 3rd. Even Verrett might not still be there at #30. It would take a lot of luck for us to get all these guys. Possible but not likely.
I approve of this message
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice list, would love Verrett at #30 if we stay put. The rest is not too shabby, either.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 5, 2014 at 1:02 AM ]
I really like your different take on who to get.

This would be a VERY solid draft.

I also like Marcus smith over Lawrence
I like it except for Gaines...there are a number of better all-around CB's. Gaines' shortfall is his run defense. Breeland, McGill, S J-B, Dontae Johnson, Desir are among the options.
Share 49ersWebzone