4th Round - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
5th. Daniel Kilgore, OL, Appalachian State
6th. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
6th. Colin Jones, S, TCU
7th. Bruce Miller, DL/FB, Central Florida
7th. Michael Person, OL, Montana State
7th. Curtis Holcomb, CB, Florida A&M
A+

Not even close to dropping from maximum.

Ok. I admit we didn't get much out of 6th round.
Originally posted by mrwoodz:
A+

Not even close to dropping from maximum.

Ok. I admit we didn't get much out of 6th round.

Colin Jones is still in the NFL and a pretty good special teams player. The only other guys I can think of in the 6th round that would have been worthwhile are Travis Kelce of the Iggles and Maxwell of the Seahawks.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM ]
We traded Jones away for a 7th round pick and I was sad ... we got rid of him because he was just a ST player then ST play dropped a lot, and now we have Ventrone and Osgood who are just ST players. I'd rather have kept Jones.
A+

Drafts don't get much more productive than this. The first two picks alone we got a premier pass rusher and franchise QB. That's a walk-off grand slam right there. Then you add a talented cover corner, productive #2 back, a starting C, and arguably the best FB in the game. Wow.
A+
No doubt an A+
A+

Nuff said
Originally posted by Scoots:
We traded Jones away for a 7th round pick and I was sad ... we got rid of him because he was just a ST player then ST play dropped a lot, and now we have Ventrone and Osgood who are just ST players. I'd rather have kept Jones.

The way we have handled some of our late round picks has been odd.
The remark about the 6th round was tongue in cheek. There is no way I criticise anything about this draft. (And that includes if Aldon and Culliver get suspended.). If you get a starter out of a draft you are doing well. Ideally you find more than one. But we got possibly the best pass rusher ever for sacks, a very good QB, possible starter at CB, a surprising FB, and a guy who at least figures to be in rotation at RB, and averages over 5 yards per carry.

Add a likely starter at Center and we really are being greedy.

As for our treatment of late round picks it has been a little strange, but we have a talented roster, and it is hard to find a space for late round guys. Same will apply this year. How many of our 7th rounders will start season on a different team's roster?
[ Edited by mrwoodz on May 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM ]

Originally posted by SofaKing:
A+

Drafts don't get much more productive than this. The first two picks alone we got a premier pass rusher and franchise QB. That's a walk-off grand slam right there. Then you add a talented cover corner, productive #2 back, a starting C, and arguably the best FB in the game. Wow.

Enough Said.
First five picks are all still on the team and producing. Miller has started so that makes six picks who are productive and several star quality guys...what's not to like?

A+ The only way to go up from here is to have a draft with at least seven NFL caliber guys and three star players. Although, come to think of it, there were three potential stars in that draft (if they get their heads on straight)--Aldon Smith, Kaepernick and Culliver. Hunter, Miller and Kilgore are solid. Five guys who will likely start this year!
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
A+

Enough Said.

This. Monster draft.
The excellence of this draft almost perfectly offsets the horror of the 2012 draft...
A-

An A+ is perfect, this is not perfect
Share 49ersWebzone