LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

49ers have just traded up to the mid 1st round, you're Trent Baalke, who do you take?

49ers have just traded up to the mid 1st round, you're Trent Baalke, who do you take?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
That's why you move up in the second and third rounds. That's where all the depth is at in this draft. I wouldn't trade up to pick #17 or so when there is likely to be a guy just as good at pick #30, or that same guy you want may still be there. Out of the corners you have Fuller, Roby, Verrett, Dennard. One of those guys is likely to be there at #30. And we all know how deep the receiver class is.

I agree with you on that. If I were running the draft, that's pretty much what my plan would be. Draft down into then second and then pick my spots, move up as needed, add yet another pick in the 2nd round or add picks for future years.

If the 49ers are completely enamored with a particular player such as Beckham, Cooks or Dennard, I would not be upset if they traded up for them though. I trust that they know what they are doing and see the needs on this team.

After all that I've seen and read in the Zone and in the media, I completely accept this draft is deep w/quality and quantity at WR and CB.

I'd like to see us trading back 4-6 picks into the second round and use our available 7th, 5th and maybe 4th to get up into 2-3rd rounds and get guys who will make an impact.

I REALLY think Beckhan will be an excellent pro and I'm just as confident he'll be gone by pick 15.

I'm still big on Montcrief and Verret. But getting another CB and WR would be a good move w/so much quality in rounds 2-3.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I like Cooks too. Just think Beckham played on more pro ready team and conference.

Don't let this fool you, the pac-12 is deceivingly tough.
I just hope that if we move up for a WR we also move up to nab a corner
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
After all that I've seen and read in the Zone and in the media, I completely accept this draft is deep w/quality and quantity at WR and CB.

I'd like to see us trading back 4-6 picks into the second round and use our available 7th, 5th and maybe 4th to get up into 2-3rd rounds and get guys who will make an impact.

I REALLY think Beckhan will be an excellent pro and I'm just as confident he'll be gone by pick 15.

I'm still big on Montcrief and Verret. But getting another CB and WR would be a good move w/so much quality in rounds 2-3.

If they trade up, I'm all in for Dennard or Cooks. I think Dennard has true #1 CB potential and his physical nature fits this defense perfectly. If they trade up for a WR, I want someone truly explosive, with outstanding speed and hands, to me that is Cooks all the way.

I'd really prefer to sit pat or even trade down a bit, draft a guy like Verrett and then then trade up into the early 2nd, take a guy like Tuitt or a receiver that has dropped down the boards and get 5 or 6 solid, high quality picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Add another cornerback, a safety and possibly an OLB. Take flyers on a couple guys late such as Millard and Long, have them stay on IR to not take up a roster spot and then come in and compete for a spot next year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd trade all our picks below the 3rd round and just pick in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Gotta go with the Ol' Dirty Beckham.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
YO MAMA!
Other: Mike Evens
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Jason Verrett would be my choice.might be a bit of a reach but I feel that he is the player that really fills our number 1need and in my not so humble opinion is the best CB of the draft. WR would be nice but I think I would be happier if we waited till later for guys like Ellington ,Mathews or Abbrederis
bench press has very little to do with core strength. Bench press (Cooks had a good bench) has more to do with blocking and shedding blocks than anything else.
I'll go with Beckham because he has the ability to be a game-breaker and our offense is DYING for some speed.

I would also have to take a long hard look at Fuller. He's the most complete CB prospect in this draft IMO.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I'd be happy with Cooks, Beckham, Fuller, or Dennard, although my personal preference would be for Fuller.

Exactly this.
Best CB available.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Other: Mike Evens

Almost zero chance he lasts until the mid first, but if he did, this would be ideal. I don't see him slipping below 10 or so though, but if he somehow made it to the 15-18 range, I'd be ecstatic if we got him.
If I am Trent Baalke I have traded up for 1 guy in particular and as such would not guess from a list of potential 49ers.
I be taken WR Bad News Beckham....
Share 49ersWebzone