LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers have just traded up to the mid 1st round, you're Trent Baalke, who do you take?

49ers have just traded up to the mid 1st round, you're Trent Baalke, who do you take?

If other, state who.
Odell Beckham Jr.

We have needed someone like him for a long time. He can take the top off and return kicks. We love LSU players. I just think it makes sense.
ODELL BECKHAM JR

/thread
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
OBJ
Rather stay put, but if we did trade up to mid first round I would hope it's because Sammy Watkins has a crazy fall because a bunch of teams go full retard. We then come in and f**k the rest of the NFL and snag Watkins like what up!?!
  • evil
  • Veteran
You put BB as an option but not Zack Martin ? #GoldenDomerBias
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Rather stay put, but if we did trade up to mid first round I would hope it's because Sammy Watkins has a crazy fall because a bunch of teams go full retard. We then come in and f**k the rest of the NFL and snag Watkins like what up!?!

Meh. Quality over quantity this year, imo. Especially with Lattimore, Dial and Carradine healthy. No way 11 rooks make the roster. If we dont move up it would be a big mistake.
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on May 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM ]
I would take Cooks over Beckham for the simple fact that Cooks has slightly better hands. Beckham dropped some largely catchable balls so if trading up, I'd rather see someone a little more consistent in that regard. Cooks also seems to have the edge speed wise, just from watching them play in games and not looking at Combine times. Beckham is more quick than fast while Cooks has an outstanding combination of both speed and agility.

If the 49ers need a true deep threat, someone who will punish teams for playing the safety up too close, Cooks would be my choice. Beckham has been riding a wave of hype over the past month but I still see Cooks as the more explosive player. Cooks is a rather lousy run blocker but I get the feeling that the 49ers willing to overlook that and simply are looking for someone to draw defenders and potentially light up the scoreboard.

Both of them can be monsters with the ball in their hands in picking up YAC. Neither would make me unhappy but I keep getting this feeling that if the 49ers trade up and it is for a WR, that Cooks would be the guy they trade up for.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Darqueze Dennard NO DOUBT, without blinking twice!!!
We are better at developing CB's. WR has to be first. OBJ all the way.

Lol at people who voted for Bortels.

Also, Cooks > OBJ
OBJ would be a great addition to this team and would probably grab him, but passing up on Dennard or Pryor would be tough IMO
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lol at people who voted for Bortels.

Also, Cooks > OBJ

I like Cooks too. Just think Beckham played on more pro ready team and conference.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I like Cooks too. Just think Beckham played on more pro ready team and conference.

True, but the counterpoint to that is Cooks was already made to carry an offense, Beckham was a complementary guy to Landry, when he went down against Arkansas, LSU didn't even really skip a beat. As much as I've criticized Cooks, week in and week out he was the only real threat on that OSU offense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 60sFan:

True, but the counterpoint to that is Cooks was already made to carry an offense, Beckham was a complementary guy to Landry, when he went down against Arkansas, LSU didn't even really skip a beat. As much as I've criticized Cooks, week in and week out he was the only real threat on that OSU offense.

Fair enough
Share 49ersWebzone