1+3b Jason Verrett CB 5'9", 189 lbs, TCU- A slot corner capable of matching up with the myriad shifty receivers we face this season.
2a. Terrence Brooks S 5'10", 198 lbs, FSU- A rangy centerfielder safety who can back up both safety positions and eventually succeed Bethea as soon as he gets over the hill.
2b. Davante Adams WR 6'0, 212 lbs, Fresno- A high character, high upside player who could succeed Crabtree or Boldin's (if Crabtree stays) role in our offense. He could prosper with a year learning from the veterans on our team. I wanted to do Landry here, but he doesn't have as much upside.
3a. Jaylen Watkins CB 5'11", 194 lbs, Florida - A versatile defender who can play slot and boundary. He can be injury insurance for our starting corners and step in if we decide to cut Cully.
3c. Dominique Easley DT 6'2", 288 lbs, Florida- A dominant lineman for Florida, he would provide excellent rotation with McDonald and Carradine when the Cowboy retires. Just imagine the pressure we could create with Carradine and Easley in obvious passing situations.
4. David Fales QB 6'1", 212 lbs, SJSU- A solid prospect who will find himself in familiar territory as Kap's backup.
5. Brandon Thomas G 6'3", 317 lbs, Clemson- A monstrous guard/tackle now picked up for a bargain on injury special.
7. John Urschel C 6'3", 313 lbs, Penn State- A practice squad candidate who could compete with Kilgore for the starting job. He was winner of the Campbell trophy (Academic Heisman) and put up very good numbers for a center at the combine.
7. Quincy Enunwa WR/TE 6'2", 225lbs, Nebraska- Eerily similar to Delanie Walker. I think he would give Celek a run for the 3rd TE spot and would provide much better value on special teams.
7. Rajion Neal RB 5'11", 220 lbs, Tennessee- A high upside back who can hopefully make it through on our practice squad.
S: Reid, Bethea, Spillman, Dahl, Brooks+ (5)
CB: Brock, Wright, Cully, Watkins+, Verrett+, Morris (6)
LB: Smith, Lemonier, Willis, (Bowman), Brooks, Skuta, Wilhoite, Moody (7/8)
DL: Smith, Carradine, TJE, Williams, Dorsey, McDonald, Dial (7)
QB: Kap, Gabbert, Fales+ (3)
RB: Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, LMJ (4)
FB: Miller (1)
TE: Davis, McDonald, Enunwa+ (3)
WR: Crabs, Patton, Boldin, Osgood, Adams+, Lloyd (6)
OL: Staley, Davis, Iupati, Boone, Kilgore, Snyder, Looney, Martin (8)
S/T Lee, Dawson, McDermott (3)
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on May 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]